Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

GW is a separate building, so you won't be "close" to the lobby. We had a 1st floor room last October and it was perfect with our stroller, and 2 kids who often fell asleep on the walk back from MK :) I requested a water view room and we were steps from the pool. It was perfect!

Thanks that's helpful!! Touringplans has all the GW rooms less 7 mins or less from the lobby ( I'm good with anything less then 10). Was that your experience?

Sorry KOOK. We ended up switching our stay from the CR to the BC/YC. I'm so sad I won't be able to try CL at the CR, but there's always next time. I'm thinking of booking there for December for my birthday instead. Hopefully we get to try it sooner than later. I just love the CR and am sad I'm going to skip it this time.

Thanks that's helpful!! Touringplans has all the GW rooms less 7 mins or less from the lobby ( I'm good with anything less then 10). Was that your experience?
Our room was in the middle of the GW and the walk to the lobby was less than 5 minutes. It's even faster if you cut across by the pool, but there us a covered walkway between the 2 buildings in case of rain, etc.

Does BLT (or any DVC resort) normally have a BB offer in the rooms like other resorts that are non-DVC? We're staying @ BLT in October with rented points but I'm already in the planning phase of our March 2016 trip as well. I"m undecided about a resort for that visit but thinking ahead in case there's a BB offer during our October trip. Thanks for any insight.

The balcony from the suite is incredible! There was one off of the bedroom and then the loooong one of the living area. Chaise loungers and a table and chairs. Here are a few photos of our view.

I like the idea of balloons - maybe tie some shiny Mylar balloons to the balcony? Just make sure they're really secure. :)

I really love the humane idea of balloons to keep birds away. We like to buy balloons in the parks anyway, and attaching them to the balcony is the perfect place especially if it keeps the birds at bay without harming them. Thanks for the creative suggestion.

CR is fantastic! The room is in very good condition and was cleaned well upon check-in and this morning. We aren't staying CL this time, but we were offered turn-down last night, we have robes and we had a box of chocolates and a lovely note from the GM waiting in our room. We're all so pleased and thrilled to be staying here.

We checked-in yesterday around 10:30, but our room wasn't ready. We did receive a text at 10:00 telling us it wasn't ready, but when our room was in fact ready, around 1:30, the text told us to come to the front desk and it didn't give us our room number as it was supposed to. I asked about this and was told that "It's a glitch and happens about half the time." I requested a "high room, no connecting door, away from CM." We definitely got a very high room and no connecting door (YAY!), but we are right on top of CM. The Celebration song has been turned way down since our last stay so even when you're next door at Contempo Cafe, you aren't bothered by it. But, I could hear last night, after it closed, and this morning, around 5:30, the clanking of glassware as they cleaned up last night and set up this morning. DH and DD didn't hear a thing, so I guess it's just a light sleeper issue, but it's not really a big deal. So I wouldn't be concerned at all now about being above Chef Mickey's since they turned the volume way down on the music and the doors are pretty well sound-proofed.

DHS was crowded yesterday and MK today, but we had our FP+ and ADR at HBD and had no issues at all. We walked from DHS to Epcot and tried some of the F&G kiosks. Had high hopes for the Bacon/Maple Cupcake, but it was disappointing, but the the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends was delicious. Don't even think of doing the parks and riding major attractions without FPs during spring break. Morning standby times were very long for most rides. Had a FP+ for 7DMT and at 1:30 it was a 160 minute wait! CHH even had a long line outside the restaurant, but it moved fast and CMs are directing people very well. We even got our favorite spot upstairs by the window.

CA Grill is tonight and here are a few photos from today:

IMG_2863.JPG IMG_2893.JPG

MORNING:
IMG_2884.JPG

AFTERNOON:
IMG_2895.JPG

Last edited:
CR is fantastic! The room is in very good condition and was cleaned well upon check-in and this morning. We aren't staying CL this time, but we were offered turn-down last night, we have robes and we had a box of chocolates and a lovely note from the GM waiting in our room. We're all so pleased and thrilled to be staying here.

We checked-in yesterday around 10:30, but our room wasn't ready. We did receive a text at 10:00 telling us it wasn't ready, but when our room was in fact ready, around 1:30, the text told us to come to the front desk and it didn't give us our room number as it was supposed to. I asked about this and was told that "It's a glitch and happens about half the time." I requested a "high room, no connecting door, away from CM." We definitely got a very high room and no connecting door (YAY!), but we are right on top of CM. The Celebration song has been turned way down since our last stay so even when you're next door at Contempo Cafe, you aren't bothered by it. But, I could hear last night, after it closed, and this morning, around 5:30, the clanking of glassware as they cleaned up last night and set up this morning. DH and DD didn't hear a thing, so I guess it's just a light sleeper issue, but it's not really a big deal. So I wouldn't be concerned at all now about being above Chef Mickey's since they turned the volume way down on the music and the doors are pretty well sound-proofed.

Glad to hear you had a good check-in experience! It's great to know that CM is no longer super loud. That was the one thing I was worried about, because I'm a pretty light sleeper. It sounds like Disney made some good changes to make sure guests are comfortable.

I just did my online check-in this morning! 60 days away for me. Woo hoo!

Does BLT (or any DVC resort) normally have a BB offer in the rooms like other resorts that are non-DVC? We're staying @ BLT in October with rented points but I'm already in the planning phase of our March 2016 trip as well. I"m undecided about a resort for that visit but thinking ahead in case there's a BB offer during our October trip. Thanks for any insight.

If you don't see a BB offer in the room or in the welcome packet, you can call X8844 from your room and ask if there are any offers available :).

Thanks for checking in and for the great pics. Glad you are having another great CR stay :goodvibes.

I just did my online check-in this morning! 60 days away for me. Woo hoo!

:cool1::cool1:

I am a little nervous to do on-line check in. I definitely want to be as far away as possible from Chef Mickey and I am afraid if I do not check in in person this may not happen. I want to be able to change the room immediately. What do you all think? What is the benefit of checking in on-line vs. in person?

I am a little nervous to do on-line check in. I definitely want to be as far away as possible from Chef Mickey and I am afraid if I do not check in in person this may not happen. I want to be able to change the room immediately. What do you all think? What is the benefit of checking in on-line vs. in person?
I've always done online check in and called to confirm my requests a few days before my stay. In the past, those who did online check in got an expedited check in at the desk (b/c CC info was already documented, PIN numbers set, etc). But you still had an actual person checking you in and giving you your room assignment, which could be negotiated. Now, however, with the direct-to-room testing, you are able to bypass the desk completely. But I'm sure they would still be willing to accomodate your request, if you were unhappy with your room and another room was available. The only disadvantage I see here is potentially having to go to your room first to check out the location.

IMG_2903.JPG WiFi has been very slow so uploading photos is nearly impossible. I tried to upload the calendars yesterday and was unsuccessful. I can't get the second page with the Easter schedule, etc... to post so I'll try later.

How comfortable is the Queen pull out sofa beds in the 2 bedroom villas?

I've never slept on it myself, but we always use it. It's pretty comfortable. On our first DVC trip, my 68 yr old in-laws (one with a bad back) slept on it with no problems or complaints.

Whether you do online check in or not, rooms are assigned 2-3 days out. So either way, if you don't like the room assigned to you it will still require the CM to find you another room. So, there is no difference.

If the walk to GW is 5 - 7 minutes, how long a walk to MK?
Also, it is our first time at CR or any of the deluxes. (I am tired of buses.) We are arriving at MCO at 6:30 pm and I will do online check-in. Are we smarter to check our carry-ons and head directly to MK (open until 11 pm) or head to the room first and then go to MK. We have passes so don't need to spend extra money on a 3 hour ticket.

If the walk to GW is 5 - 7 minutes, how long a walk to MK?
Also, it is our first time at CR or any of the deluxes. (I am tired of buses.) We are arriving at MCO at 6:30 pm and I will do online check-in. Are we smarter to check our carry-ons and head directly to MK (open until 11 pm) or head to the room first and then go to MK. We have passes so don't need to spend extra money on a 3 hour ticket.
Under 15 minute walk to MK. If you have your own transportation, you may want to head right to the park. If using ME, they will take you to the resort anyway, so doesn't matter. But it will definitely be a quick turnaround.

Hey guys I just have a quick question. My fiancé and I are checking in to the CR on Sunday may 17th for our disneymoon and have a theme park view room. How do I request that I get a king size bed? Should I wait until I get there to request this? Also just to add some information I booked this through a travel agent. So should I contact the travel agent and make sure they put a request in for that instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter