• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

:wave:I'm ahead on packing (mostly due to my excitement:hyper:), and I'm getting very excited about our CR stay next week! I'm also looking forward to updating the thread with current photos.

Your trip is coming up so quickly! I am very much looking forward to seeing your pictures. We are at 70 days today, and the excitement is growing! We are so excited to be experiencing CR as a family. I've stayed there in the past, but it was a long time ago. I loved it, but it was a work trip and I didn't get to do a lot of the fun things in and around the resort.

CR is our favorite deluxe. I know some people think it's plain in comparison to the others but the biggest attraction for us is the monorail running thru it. That's just so unique.

Just wanted to hop in and "introduce" myself. We are taking DD for her first Disney trip 12/8-12/18, and have just changed our booking from POR RR to CR garden wing, with a King bed request. Wanted to get added to the roll call :)

DH and I went, pre DD, and stayed at the WL. DH wanted to stay there again, but it's just a little more to be on the monorail - I couldn't say no. :)

Am enjoying catching up on this thread and really looking forward to staying at the CR.

Welcome to the CR thread :flower3:.

Congrats on the change, I'm sure you'll have a great trip and will enjoy the CR :wizard:.

Hi!! Thanks to an awesome Magical deal, I am going to be staying at CR for the first time this August. Originally booked the Poly, but got freaked out by all of the construction and made the switch last week.

Can you add me to the list? 8/24-8/29.

Congrats on the switch :goodvibes.

CR is our favorite deluxe. I know some people think it's plain in comparison to the others but the biggest attraction for us is the monorail running thru it. That's just so unique.

I agree about the monorail as that is very unique. We always visit the CR during our trips and while the decor has never appealed to us, it is one we want to try. We love staying on the monorail and it would be nice to compare the CR to the Poly and GF ;).

Hi everyone :) We're another family who have jumped ship from the magical Poly deal to GW at CR and I. Can't. WAIT!! It is our 7th trip to WDW but our first stay onsite. Have always wanted to stay at CR and although I would LOVE a Tower room I'm sure we'll love the GW just as much. It will be DH, myself and our two DS aged 3 and 1. If you could add us to the list I'd really appreciate it, we'll be there 9/4 - 9/7 :goodvibes

Hey friends! I just booked on orbitz for GF but was surprised to find BLT studio,1br and 2br available with the 15% off promo code. My dates are 8/16-20. In case you didn't know you can book on orbitz with the promo code on top of Disney's summer sale. I got GF SL for $100/ night less than Atrium club so .... dd and I are skipping CR this summer.

Good luck getting some good deals while the rooms are still available.:daisy:

Thanks, KOOK. We are tentatively booked at the Poly in December, but CR is still on our list to try :goodvibes.
:yay:

Just wanted to hop in and "introduce" myself. We are taking DD for her first Disney trip 12/8-12/18, and have just changed our booking from POR RR to CR garden wing, with a King bed request. Wanted to get added to the roll call :)

DH and I went, pre DD, and stayed at the WL. DH wanted to stay there again, but it's just a little more to be on the monorail - I couldn't say no. :)

Am enjoying catching up on this thread and really looking forward to staying at the CR.
Welcome to the thread and welcome back to CR! I don't know if it's available, but if you want a guaranteed King you could book a Deluxe GW room. Those have a king and sleeper sofa. Otherwise, I hope your request comes through and I'll log your dates.

Hi!! Thanks to an awesome Magical deal, I am going to be staying at CR for the first time this August. Originally booked the Poly, but got freaked out by all of the construction and made the switch last week.

Can you add me to the list? 8/24-8/29.
So many have taken advantage of that "magical deal." I don't blame you for being worried about the quiet pool rehab during August. The main pool is slated to open any day now and the quiet pool will then be closed. I'll get some Poly photos next week and post them to the Poly thread with a link here since so many of you have changed from Poly.

Your trip is coming up so quickly! I am very much looking forward to seeing your pictures. We are at 70 days today, and the excitement is growing! We are so excited to be experiencing CR as a family. I've stayed there in the past, but it was a long time ago. I loved it, but it was a work trip and I didn't get to do a lot of the fun things in and around the resort.
You're going to have a whole new experience as a family:)

It's iconic and screams Disney to me so I've never understood those who think CR isn't Disney-themed: The monorail runs through it, you can walk to the MK, it has Chef Mickey's and a Mickey Ear-shaped pool for gwarsh sakes.

Hi everyone :) We're another family who have jumped ship from the magical Poly deal to GW at CR and I. Can't. WAIT!! It is our 7th trip to WDW but our first stay onsite. Have always wanted to stay at CR and although I would LOVE a Tower room I'm sure we'll love the GW just as much. It will be DH, myself and our two DS aged 3 and 1. If you could add us to the list I'd really appreciate it, we'll be there 9/4 - 9/7 :goodvibes
I think once you stay onsite, you'll be hooked;). I'll log your dates and ALOHA!

Hey friends! I just booked on orbitz for GF but was surprised to find BLT studio,1br and 2br available with the 15% off promo code. My dates are 8/16-20. In case you didn't know you can book on orbitz with the promo code on top of Disney's summer sale. I got GF SL for $100/ night less than Atrium club so .... dd and I are skipping CR this summer.

:wave:
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your find. (BTW, I got the Bikini So Teeny pedicure so I'm set for CR!)

The GF rooms end up 45% off on Orbitz which is even better than the 40% military rate we book. That's because GF is 30% off now through Disney, but CR is only 25% off, plus the Orbitz 15% off code. But, for BLT, the savings for us is better with the military rate. If you can't use that though, then you're right, the Orbitz deal adds an extra 15% off the current Disney promo for some resorts. What GF cat. did you book?

:yay:
Welcome to the thread and welcome back to CR! I don't know if it's available, but if you want a guaranteed King you could book a Deluxe GW room. Those have a king and sleeper sofa. Otherwise, I hope your request comes through and I'll log your dates.

Thank you! I've read about the deluxe rooms, and they do sound really great, but I think if we get a "regular" queens room, we'll still be okay. :)

Hey Kook! We are staying in Sugar Loaf this time. DD loves those scones!

We had a great time at CR Cl last August but the rate difference was too much to ignore.

As I always say, I love all the monorail resorts! Stay in one and visit the others and you feel like the whole loop is your own:)

We love to get off the monorail and explore the concourse! Stand by at CG is an nice option, and a quick strawberry daiquiri by the beach are some of our favorite CR things to do! Oh, and the cupcakes in CC.:lovestruc

Hi Kook! After a lovely stay at Wilderness last month my friends and I will be staying at BLT on 4/16/15 - 4/19/15. We just have a standard 2 br room view booked but are hoping for at least a view of the monorail.

:wave:

I'm ahead on packing (mostly due to my excitement:hyper:), and I'm getting very excited about our CR stay next week! I'm also looking forward to updating the thread with current photos. Are you and the boys going away for spring break?

Looking forward to your pics next week. In Vegas now, but still haven't won the million dollars, so when I'm back to work next week, I'll be looking forward to our Fourth of July BLT trip, so your pics will help!

I just got the little packet from Disney in the mail with the Incredibles on it about our Family Adventure. Flights are booked. It's all sinking in now.
Wish it was July already so I could book dining.
I'll be lurking here to vicariously live through everyone who gets to go before we do :)

Jumping in here. I booked 2 nights (5/21, 22) at Cont, Tower, Theme Park View. I had 4 nights at BC but decided to split stay instead. We plan to hang at MK for the 24 hour day stuff so where better than at CR for that? Is there someplace that can direct me to the better options for room requests during online check in? I see Odd Rooms are listed. Is there a reason that's a category? I tried to look through the categories in the first post but none of those screamed "read me for room requests" so I wasn't sure where to look

I see Odd Rooms are listed. Is there a reason that's a category? I tried to look through the categories in the first post but none of those screamed "read me for room requests" so I wasn't sure where to look

I have never stayed at the CR, but from the first page of this thread

Odd-numbered Magic Kingdom View beds face toward the MK.

Meaning you can lay IN BED and watch Wishes. pixiedust:

I have never stayed at the CR, but from the first page of this thread

Odd-numbered Magic Kingdom View beds face toward the MK.

Meaning you can lay IN BED and watch Wishes. pixiedust:
That would be pretty cool. But seems like, based on the configuration in my mind's eye, all the Theme Park View category rooms would face that way, no? Or is the Odd Room what those who don't book TPV use to hopefully get one? I guess I need to read the info threads more closely. Darn work keeps interrupting my trip planning

Last edited:

You are going to have a great time! We have done both offsite and onsite and you can't beat staying on property and being immersed in Disney magic 24/7 :wizard:.

Hi Trish :wave:. Congrats on the savings for GF SL. You really can't beat those deals when they're offered, especially since you can cancel for a full refund ::yes::.

Just put down the deposit for Our First Stay at CR 10/18-10/24! Can't wait!!!!:dancer:

:cool1::cool1:

I'll get some Poly photos next week and post them to the Poly thread with a link here since so many of you have changed from Poly.

That would be great to see some Poly pics along with your (always awesome) CR pics :goodvibes.

I just got the little packet from Disney in the mail with the Incredibles on it about our Family Adventure. Flights are booked. It's all sinking in now.
Wish it was July already so I could book dining.
I'll be lurking here to vicariously live through everyone who gets to go before we do :)

July will be here before you know it :banana:.

My travel agent called today to tell us that we have been upgraded from a Garden Wing room to the main tower with a view of Bay Lake thanks to a summer promotion. We even saved a little money! So excited!

Congrats on the tower room and the savings :thumbsup2.

Jumping in here. I booked 2 nights (5/21, 22) at Cont, Tower, Theme Park View. I had 4 nights at BC but decided to split stay instead. We plan to hang at MK for the 24 hour day stuff so where better than at CR for that?

I agree, the CR can't be beat for easy access to MK, especially for special events :).

That would be pretty cool. But seems like, based on the configuration in my mind's eye, all the Theme Park View category rooms would face that way, no? Or is the Odd Room what those who don't book TPV use to hopefully get one? I guess I need to read the info threads more closely. Darn work keeps interrupting my trip planning
The beds don't directly face out the window, they are on the side of the room. So standing at the window and looking out, yes, all TPV rooms gave a view of MK. But when laying in bed you are either looking toward MK or away from it, if that makes sense? The headboards of the beds back up to each other through the wall, so the rooms are a mirror image of each other, if you can picture that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter