Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Your pictures are beautiful! We are staying at CR in 19 days (for the first time). I am even more excited after looking at your pictures. We are staying Garden Wing, so I think we are close to the pools? We spend lots of time in the pool, and this view looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing:goodvibes

The Garden Wing is pictured in the middle photo POST 4198. It's as close as you can get to the pools!

Couple more GW/pool photos from 4/15 for you:

IMG_3018.JPG

Garden Wing in background:
IMG_3001.jpg

The Garden Wing is pictured in the middle photo POST 4198. It's as close as you can get to the pools!

Couple more GW/pool photos from 4/15 for you:

View attachment 185122

Garden Wing in background:
View attachment 185123

LOVE THESE! :thanks: We like to walk early in the morning, so we obviously will have some gorgeous views. We never thought we'd be able to afford a CR stay, but the GW rooms were very affordable. Planning on taking advantage of walking to the MK and just hanging around the resort pool. Getting so excited as it's getting so close. Appreciate all of the advice you've put in this thread. It's really appreciated by us CR first timers!

Hey everyone! I am planning a "surprise engagement trip" for my girlfriend for December. It is for 3 nights at Disney. I am thinking about 1 night at the Contemporary (engagement night after Christmas Party)...and then 2 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. The best rate I can find for the Tower (Bay Lake View) is $520.69 with taxes and fees. Is this about as low as I will find?

Hey everyone! I am planning a "surprise engagement trip" for my girlfriend for December. It is for 3 nights at Disney. I am thinking about 1 night at the Contemporary (engagement night after Christmas Party)...and then 2 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. The best rate I can find for the Tower (Bay Lake View) is $520.69 with taxes and fees. Is this about as low as I will find?
Room discounts for December have come out the first week of August in the past, so you may find something a little cheaper in the coming days. But if that's the room / view you have your heart set on, I'd book it now and apply a discount later if/when it comes out. And congrats!! :)

Whoa, you're going to need all that time just to plan a trip with so many people! And just think of it this way, after the ball drops in NYC to mark the end of 2016, you'll be able to say "when we go to Disney World NEXT YEAR..." (I know the pain of long waits between trips. It's the little things that get us through it.)
I'm looking forward to the planning! Before, the DD's were always too young to help with restaurant picks. Now, it'll be a blast to have them help!

So far?! What a grand gathering! That's a great reunion to look forward to.
Yeah...so far. But the plane tickets cost more than the WDW tickets and room. :sad1: Ought to be a great time, though! Looking forward to the Hoop-Dee-Doo again!

Saw a picture where it looks like the beach area a poly is being replaced with rock/gravel. Is this happening at all of the beaches since the alligator attack ?

Saw a picture where it looks like the beach area a poly is being replaced with rock/gravel. Is this happening at all of the beaches since the alligator attack ?

There's been no announcement. But they've done that at GF and are starting to do the Poly.

Howdy all...
is 407-824-2955 the best number to call for adding dining to the private/specialty cruises? I called a few times yesterday and again today, but nobody answered. I've left a voicemail, but as its an international phone number, I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to call me back...

Muchas gracias!

@shb5007, congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

I've never paid rack rate at WDW nor any other resort or hotel. Between general public offers, travel site offers like Expedia, etc..., travel agency magical deals, military rates, FL resident rates, etc... you should be able to find something better than rack rate. THIS SITE shows historic discounts and posts current WDW deals.

lovely photo! can i ask what time this was at? my 2 year old is an early riser, so id love to try and be out to see this ( i know we cant guarantee it but it can give me something to look forward to being up when i don't want to be!)

I'm sorry, but I can't recall the exact time, but perhaps it was around 0630-0730? I'm sorry that I can't recall, but you could ask any boat captain and they will tell you the times that the boats and ferries come out of the boat barn and over to the resorts and TTC.

Howdy all...
is 407-824-2955 the best number to call for adding dining to the private/specialty cruises? I called a few times yesterday and again today, but nobody answered. I've left a voicemail, but as its an international phone number, I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to call me back...

Muchas gracias!

I think it would be easiest for you to just call the main Disney Reservation and Help line and they will connect you to whomever can best help you: (407) W-DISNEY. Buena suerte.

I just called the reservation line and spoke to a very friendly and helpful CM. I asked about rates for several dates, just for calculating. I was specifically asking for 14th floor King Rooms. The price I was given is about 40$ lower than a BLV Atrium CL room, after tax. I repeated the price just to be sure I got her right, and she agreed that it was the right price.

Is that possible??? I thought these rooms were more expensive than Atrium CL rooms...strange.

I just called the reservation line and spoke to a very friendly and helpful CM. I asked about rates for several dates, just for calculating. I was specifically asking for 14th floor King Rooms. The price I was given is about 40$ lower than a BLV Atrium CL room, after tax. I repeated the price just to be sure I got her right, and she agreed that it was the right price.

Is that possible??? I thought these rooms were more expensive than Atrium CL rooms...strange.

That can't be correct. The Tower Club Standard Rooms are about $30 - $40 more per night than an Atrium Club Standard View room. Also, you can't book a king room. The two queen and the king rooms are the same price and by-request only when booking a Standard Club Level room.

The booking for the 14th floor is called a "Standard Room - Club Level." Someone must have confused a "Standard View" room on the 12th floor (which is a BLV) with a Standard Club Level room on the 14th.

That can't be correct. The Tower Club Standard Rooms are about $30 - $40 more per night than an Atrium Club Standard View room. Also, you can't book a king room. The two queen and the king rooms are the same price and by-request only when booking a Standard Club Level room.

The booking for the 14th floor is called a "Standard Room - Club Level." Someone must have confused a "Standard View" room on the 12th floor (which is a BLV) with a Standard Club Level room on the 14th.

I also thought that can not be correct. I did not know that King Rooms are not a seperate booking category, but the CM did not say anything negative when I asked for a King Room. I imagined you can boom either King or 2 Queens and when booking 2 Queens BLV/MKV is request only, but obiously I was wrong

I checked the homepage with the same dates if she maybe gave me a price for a Standard Room on Atrium CL - but no, her price was about 40 $ lower, after tax. Something must be wrong here :-), maybe I will call again

Edit: I found my mistake! I checked the wrong dates after the call for comapring...oh my.

Last edited:
I also thought that can not be correct. I did not know that King Rooms are not a seperate booking category, but the CM did not say anything negative when I asked for a King Room. I imagined you can boom either King or 2 Queens and when booking 2 Queens BLV/MKV is request only, but obiously I was wrong

I checked the homepage with the same dates if she maybe gave me a price for a Standard Room on Atrium CL - but no, her price was about 40 $ lower, after tax. Something must be wrong here :-), maybe I will call again

Edit: I found my mistake! I checked the wrong dates after the call for comapring...oh my.

I'm glad you figured it out:thumbsup2. A day or two ago I posted a long post on the CL thread HERE specifically about Atrium Club Vs. Tower Club. That post might provide a bit more info. for you.

Are you guys sure? Last week I booked: "Standard Room‑King ‑ Club Level" for late next year. I had to call in to do it but it didn't seem to be an issue

Are you guys sure? Last week I booked: "Standard Room‑King ‑ Club Level" for late next year. I had to call in to do it but it didn't seem to be an issue

Now, I'm definitely not sure! I booked Tower Club last month, so your booking is more recent. My booking (for one person) reads, "Standard Room - Club Level." When I requested King, she said she would make a note of it, and it doesn't appear on my confirmation. So I (wrongly) assumed beds were by-request, just like the view. But, it must have been that Kings were sold-out for my dates next month.

Obviously, it is an actual booking since your confirmation proves it. Oddly, you'd think Queen would also be bookable as those would be needed for two guests who don't want to sleep together or 3 + guests. Strange that mine indicates neither King nor Queen, maybe because it's for one?:scratchin. Thanks for correcting my incorrect assumption, @KurtC.

The exterior of Disney's Contemporary Resort is currently undergoing cleaning and painting. Starting Friday, Aug. 5, the 4th floor observation deck will be closed to all Guest traffic for 3 to 4 weeks.
Exterior painting will begin on this side of the building. Guests will still be able to walk to the neighboring Bay Lake Tower. Additionally, the exterior staircase will also be accessible, but only for emergency exiting purposes.

~OTPN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter