Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Do I have to bring my own coffee if staying at CR in TPV room? If so, what kind of coffee (grounds, pods, k-cups, etc) and brand?

Only DVC villas use Mr. Coffee filters, but those are provided, too. From ROOM Chapter/POST 5:
Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 6.37.01 AM.png

[

Coffee is provided and replenished daily. The brand is Joffreys.
:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! My husband and I are huge Disney people (go pretty much every year), but we haven't been in several years due to the birth of our daughter, and we are going through serious Disney withdrawal! We are thinking about planning a trip for spring of 2017 (right around the time she turns 3 years old), and we are considering the Contemporary or BLT due to the convenience of being on the monorail loop and even being able to walk to MK if we want. We have only stayed at value resorts in the past, so we are completely clueless about deluxe resorts! We are interested in having two rooms so that my husband and I can sleep in a separate space from our daughter, and we would also really like to have a kitchen. Am I understanding correctly that the only way to stay in that type of room at CR/BLT is to rent DVC points and book a 2-bedroom villa at BLT? TIA!

Just adding to the PP that you can apply all applicable discounts to DVC bookings. The BLT one-bedroom would be perfect for you - it's huge and even has two bathrooms and two balconies, a full kitchen and washer/dryer. My DD found the sleeper sofa comfortable, and we have applied the 40% off military discount, but you can also apply other discounts. You do have to call for availability using the military discount, however, other discounts can be plugged in online to see availability for your dates.

Thanks to those of you who responded to my question about renting DVC at BLT. A one-bedroom villa sounds like exactly what we're looking for!

Hi everyone, I'm still reading through tha thread but I have a question about the bed setup in contemporary tower rooms. I'm needing a handicap room with a roll in shower, on the phone when I called I was informed all handicap rooms with the roll in showers that fit our need (2 beds) will have double beds not queen beds. However, when I search on touring plans it's showing the rooms with roll-in showers as having queen beds. So I'm a little confused, has anyone stayed in a room with a roll-in shower at the contemporary? If so, do you remember if your room had double or queen beds?

Thanks for any info, this is my first year traveling in a wheelchair and making reservations are stressing me out because apparently these handicap rooms with roll in showers are hard to come by, there was only three resorts open in the deluxe category for us to book this September (CR, GF, BWI).

Hi all. I keep staring at the monorail schedule on the first page and its like its in another language to me!!!

But I'm assuming if the monorail isn't running then there would be busses? Even to MK (we plan to walk but just checking)?

It seems that most some days it's impossible to get to Epcot for RD but other days it's working fine on that line, right?!?

I'm assuming no matter what there will be signs and CMs directing me where to go, right?

Don't know why I'm struggling with this so much but I'm going to blame the 8 inches of snow that we weren't supposed to get. :)

Hi everyone, I'm still reading through tha thread but I have a question about the bed setup in contemporary tower rooms. I'm needing a handicap room with a roll in shower, on the phone when I called I was informed all handicap rooms with the roll in showers that fit our need (2 beds) will have double beds not queen beds. However, when I search on touring plans it's showing the rooms with roll-in showers as having queen beds. So I'm a little confused, has anyone stayed in a room with a roll-in shower at the contemporary? If so, do you remember if your room had double or queen beds?

Thanks for any info, this is my first year traveling in a wheelchair and making reservations are stressing me out because apparently these handicap rooms with roll in showers are hard to come by, there was only three resorts open in the deluxe category for us to book this September (CR, GF, BWI).

They are queen beds.

Hi all. I keep staring at the monorail schedule on the first page and its like its in another language to me!!!

But I'm assuming if the monorail isn't running then there would be busses? Even to MK (we plan to walk but just checking)?

It seems that most some days it's impossible to get to Epcot for RD but other days it's working fine on that line, right?!?

I'm assuming no matter what there will be signs and CMs directing me where to go, right?

Don't know why I'm struggling with this so much but I'm going to blame the 8 inches of snow that we weren't supposed to get. :)
I don't think they have busese to MK if the monorail isn't working.. but they have the boats

Another BLT cash reservation question: Will housekeeping replace the coffee and tea every day, as well as toiletries?

I can't believe that we are only a week away from our first WDW stay! :banana: :jumping1: :hyper:

Another BLT cash reservation question: Will housekeeping replace the coffee and tea every day, as well as toiletries?

I can't believe that we are only a week away from our first WDW stay! :banana: :jumping1: :hyper:

Sorry I can't answer you about the coffee and toiletries question, but...

First WDW stay!!!!!!! Woo hoo! pixiedust: Hope you have a wonderful, magical trip!

We are here now in a Tower Theme Park View room and we have fallen in love with the Contemporary! We have even changed our May reservation from Beach Club to Contemporary Tower TPV again! We got a great passholder rate too! Yay! The closeness of everything from mug refills to shopping to the monorail which we have had no issues with! We can't wait to come back! Will post pics when we get home!

Hi, everyone! I had posted in my own thread about this but was advised to post in this thread... I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend of two-and-a-half years in a few months when we stay at the Contemporary in a Theme Park View room. My current plan is to propose to her during Wishes, but I want to make sure we have as good of a view for the show as possible.

I was wondering, based on anyone who has stayed there previously or knows the resort really well, what types of requests I should make to hopefully get the best view possible from the room? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes.. Tea and coffee is replaced daily.. So is shampoo and soaps

Hi, everyone! I had posted in my own thread about this but was advised to post in this thread... I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend of two-and-a-half years in a few months when we stay at the Contemporary in a Theme Park View room. My current plan is to propose to her during Wishes, but I want to make sure we have as good of a view for the show as possible.

I was wondering, based on anyone who has stayed there previously or knows the resort really well, what types of requests I should make to hopefully get the best view possible from the room? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks!

Higher floor and odd number room. That's what we have now and it's beautiful! Congrats!

Hi all,

what a great thread! We are looking to book a 1 bedroom at BT in late Sept 2016. just wondering if these rooms or indeed BLT in general tend to be included in the discount offers? I realize there are no guarantees but couldn't find any information on past discounts including BLT only Contemporary??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter