Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Kook you have made a great thread for all of us CR and BLT fans and have provided the best information !:woohoo:

I couldn't agree more! :goodvibes

And the name has been changed, yet again! But, as long as you all are still here, that is ALL that matters! Carry on. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Does anyone know how many characters might be at the resort on Halloween for the meet and greet?

I can't help, but hopefully others will be able to provide some input :flower3:.

I will return to multi-quote later, but in the meantime...the Resort Information and FAQ threads have been moved back to their original home in the Disney Resorts forum and "Social Club" has been removed from all thread titles. I started a thread regarding these positive changes HERE.

Thanks, KOOK :).

I'm still trying to figure out a May 2016 stay. I love the closeness of BLT but keep reading the rooms are worn. Im not sure DH will be crazy about expensive worn out rooms. I would really like to hop to MK in the evening, so the location is perfect.

Can anyone who has stayed recently, about the state of the rooms? would VGF be as convenient to the MK?

I agree with KOOK that any WDW room could have issues and while I can't comment on the CR as we haven't stayed there yet, I have seen negative reports on rooms at other resorts where we've had no problem whatsoever. If you happen to get a room that isn't up to par, you can always go back to the front desk and request a different room. It isn't guaranteed your room can be changed, but they will do everything they can to accommodate you ;).

Thanks WDWKOOK. The pictures from the Garden Wing give me a good idea of where we will be. Appreciate the positive feedback:-)
When you say 'the tower', does that mean the building that the monorail goes through? Thanks!

We're all present and accounted for…for the most part…and the name changed again, but I was able to change it (mostly) back to its original title:). Hope you've had your :umbrella:
Ahhh... the rain. Yes, we are certainly getting our fill! Almost 5 inches so far and the Nor'Easter is just getting cranked up. Good news (there is always good news) is that Joaquin has decided to stay out at sea and we will not deal with those winds and additional rain. I don't think we are to get double digit rainfalls anymore! :yay:

Thanks, KOOK :).

You're welcome. It's been a strange week on the DIS and I'm glad everything is back to business as usual. The DIS is such a great planning resource with such friendly members, like you.

Thanks WDWKOOK. The pictures from the Garden Wing give me a good idea of where we will be. Appreciate the positive feedback:-)
When you say 'the tower', does that mean the building that the monorail goes through? Thanks!

You're welcome. Yes, that's what the main building with the monorail, shops, and restaurants is called, The Tower...but without the terror;)

Ahhh... the rain. Yes, we are certainly getting our fill! Almost 5 inches so far and the Nor'Easter is just getting cranked up. Good news (there is always good news) is that Joaquin has decided to stay out at sea and we will not deal with those winds and additional rain. I don't think we are to get double digit rainfalls anymore! :yay:

Should be over Sunday and then we can look forward to snow, or just the threat, immobilizing NoVA:upsidedow

Thank you, thank you, thank you @FoodieFriend You rock! I read the sleeper sofa was comfortable (which it hopefully is), but wasn't sure about the chair. I've volunteered to sleep in the chair and am 5'6" so I should hopefully be comfortable. BLT/Contemporary is like my dream resort and on my Disney bucket list! I never seem to be able to get the military discount there so it's normally out of our price range, but my friend has DVC points and will be using the room regardless so if I can convince my "roomie" to take a chance on the sofa bed I think we will save a little money and stay on the monorail. (Which is a funny statement to make! ;) ) Thank you so much for the feedback! I hope the rest of your trip is absolutely magical!

sorry, i've been busy running around the parks all week enjoying EF&WF! i wasn't able to reply until now. but @lovingeire I'm sleeping on the sofa sleeper & it's very comfortable! our whole group agrees that the location of BLT can't be beat! so many transportation options & luckily, only 1 monorail issue so far. yesterday, it was not working when we were trying to get to Epcot. but the resort did supply extra buses that drove us to TTA then to Epcot in time for Rope Drop.
Our trip is going well & it's quickly coming to an end (OH NO!!). We probably won't be back until '17 but we have a LOT of experience to plan for it!

Thank you for checking in with us and I hope the rest of your stay was fun and did you ever resolve the ice issue?

Thank you for posting photos of your outer villa one bedroom. Were you able to book a BB or have you not made your return plans yet?

Thanks for replying to my post earlier. Eventually the ice maker in the room started working BUT we realized the water used is not filtered. ew. as it melted, it was swampy tasting to us so we turned it off anyway. bummer. i'm going to include that info in my review of my stay here. i'm sure the other DVC owners probably won't want to upgrade to filtered ice makers, but it would make ME happy. sigh. instead, we've been getting ice from the 4th floor industrial ice machines which seem to be using filtered water because that ice doesn't taste swampy.

we won't be back to WDW until '17 at the earliest so we won't be using the BB. I'm not quite sure how that works anyway since I am a DVC member. could i pass on the savings to someone else i know that's coming next summer?? i didn't examine the offer in the welcome folder since i know we weren't returning until '17.[/QUOTE]

At one time these were the Cove Bar hours, but I believe the mug refill closes when the pool closes so probably around 10 or 11 depending on the time of year.

Thanks! I was hoping we could make that our last stop after the park closes, before returning to our room :)

Thanks for replying to my post earlier. Eventually the ice maker in the room started working BUT we realized the water used is not filtered. ew. as it melted, it was swampy tasting to us so we turned it off anyway. bummer. i'm going to include that info in my review of my stay here. i'm sure the other DVC owners probably won't want to upgrade to filtered ice makers, but it would make ME happy. sigh. instead, we've been getting ice from the 4th floor industrial ice machines which seem to be using filtered water because that ice doesn't taste swampy.

we won't be back to WDW until '17 at the earliest so we won't be using the BB. I'm not quite sure how that works anyway since I am a DVC member. could i pass on the savings to someone else i know that's coming next summer?? i didn't examine the offer in the welcome folder since i know we weren't returning until '17.

The BB is available to anyone currently staying at a WDW Resort. However, the BB must be booked BEFORE departure by a registered guest. The BB offer is hidden in the middle of the Be Our Guest booklet. Safe travels home!

Thanks! I was hoping we could make that our last stop after the park closes, before returning to our room :)

You're welcome. You can also refill your mug at the Contempo Cafe which is open until midnight. I don't know whether the mug refill there is open 24/7?

You're welcome. It's been a strange week on the DIS and I'm glad everything is back to business as usual. The DIS is such a great planning resource with such friendly members, like you.

That's sweet of you to say, thank you! You are also a very friendly (as well as very knowledgeable) member who has a lot of valuable information to offer :goodvibes.

sorry, i've been busy running around the parks all week enjoying EF&WF! i wasn't able to reply until now. but @lovingeire I'm sleeping on the sofa sleeper & it's very comfortable! our whole group agrees that the location of BLT can't be beat! so many transportation options & luckily, only 1 monorail issue so far. yesterday, it was not working when we were trying to get to Epcot. but the resort did supply extra buses that drove us to TTA then to Epcot in time for Rope Drop.
Our trip is going well & it's quickly coming to an end (OH NO!!). We probably won't be back until '17 but we have a LOT of experience to plan for it!

Glad your trip is going well and you are enjoying BLT :).

Can anyone tell me about the Standard rooms/garden view. We were originally going to stay in a family suite at AoA but got a great deal on a standard room with military discount at the contemporary. The contempo ended up being less then AoA. My husband wants this resort because he is disabled and the monorail for him is a great thing. How are the rooms? How is the distance from the main building? Is it quiet? So many questions, but this is our first time ever at a Deluxe resort and staying on property.

Can anyone tell me about the Standard rooms/garden view. We were originally going to stay in a family suite at AoA but got a great deal on a standard room with military discount at the contemporary. The contempo ended up being less then AoA. My husband wants this resort because he is disabled and the monorail for him is a great thing. How are the rooms? How is the distance from the main building? Is it quiet? So many questions, but this is our first time ever at a Deluxe resort and staying on property.
The last two times we stayed at GW, including this past August, we requested an accessible room close to transportation and were placed on the first floor of the closest GW building right by the pool (rm 5106 if you check a map with room numbers). It is literally a one minute walk to the entrance of the tower building. Our room was very nice and quite big and comfortable, but starting to show its age a bit in places. Nothing major. That area is very quiet for WDW. We were very happy there.

The last two times we stayed at GW, including this past August, we requested an accessible room close to transportation and were placed on the first floor of the closest GW building right by the pool (rm 5106 if you check a map with room numbers). It is literally a one minute walk to the entrance of the tower building. Our room was very nice and quite big and comfortable, but starting to show its age a bit in places. Nothing major. That area is very quiet for WDW. We were very happy there.

Good to know! My husband is just happy to not do so much walking or ride in busses. He has been dreaming about a monorail resort and for us to actually be able to afford it is exciting! :) The kids don't care about theming because regardless they are at Disney!

Effective today, 4 October 2015, Tables in Wonderland membership cost increased by $50:

View attachment 127061

Seems Disney is raising prices on everything lately :(.

Annual Passes also went up SIGNIFICANTLY. :sad2:

I thought this same thing! All Ears showed a cost of $797 w/tax. We've never had APs, but I remember pricing them last year and they were around $675 w/tax.....that's a $122 increase! :faint:

My husband is just happy to not do so much walking or ride in busses. He has been dreaming about a monorail resort and for us to actually be able to afford it is exciting! :) The kids don't care about theming because regardless they are at Disney!

I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Seems Disney is raising prices on everything lately :(.

I thought this same thing! All Ears showed a cost of $797 w/tax. We've never had APs, but I remember pricing them last year and they were around $675 w/tax.....that's a $122 increase! :faint:

I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:
Thank you! Its a year away but I am so excited :)

Thank you so much @FoodieFriend for taking time out of your trip to answer my questions! You are awesome and I really appreciate all the feedback! Enjoy every last minute of your vacation! Then let the countdown to 2017 begin! ;)

Effective today, 4 October 2015, Tables in Wonderland membership cost increased by $50:

View attachment 127061

That's disappointing. We had planned to purchase one in November, but now I'm not sure if it's worth it for us. I'm a little frustrated they've just handed a big bill essentially to the people who go most - FL residents and AP holders. At least my AP's are paid for so I don't have to see any increased cost on those!

Sorry, I'm full of questions. Does anyone know if you can put rails on the daybeds in the rooms? Trying to figure out if we have to lug our son's portable bed with us. He's almost 2 1/2, but still doing well in his crib *knocks wood* so I don't think he can handle a queen size bed.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Kook and everyone on this board for all the info and answers found here. It really helped our stay in the Garden Wing to be even more magical. We absolutely loved the Contemporary, and now the kids don't want to stay anywhere else. Ever. :lovestruc
Thanks!! I'll be reading up as we start saving our pennies for the next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!