Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hopefully Jack is with you as well at MK for Halloween!! (Referring to your screen name of course! :) ) That's awesome your anniversary is on Halloween, obviously you're a big fan!

Our 11th is this year as well in early October. It's actually on the day we get off our Disney cruise, so it's our travel day home, but the timing was better than waiting to cruise the next week. Happy anniversary to everyone coming up!

Congrats!

And yes, The Pumpkin King will be there. He is getting pretty excited, now that we've agreed to hire a sitter to watch the little guy on party night. Not like we'll make it to midnight, but we'll darn sure try!

Just read this at the rumors board:

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/contemporary-resort-new-rfid-pucks-at.html

Has anyone used this yet? How easy/time consuming was it to order and get your food? We will likely be having breakfast here several days of our trip. On prior trips we stayed at POR and it was always chaos in the morning because we had to stand in several different lines to get breakfast for each of our kids because they all wanted something different.

Just read this at the rumors board:

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/contemporary-resort-new-rfid-pucks-at.html

Has anyone used this yet? How easy/time consuming was it to order and get your food? We will likely be having breakfast here several days of our trip. On prior trips we stayed at POR and it was always chaos in the morning because we had to stand in several different lines to get breakfast for each of our kids because they all wanted something different.

Would love to know this too xxx

Could you add us to the first page? We are heading to WDW 10/6/16 - 10/10/16 for DH's 50th. Staying CR Atrium TPV - so excited!!!!:flower1::cool1:

I wonder when they started the pucks at Contempo Café we stayed there Sept 12-19 and were given the number card, even on the 19th when we ordered. Too bad we missed this

yay! we arrived today & since i had checked in online, when we stepped off the Magical Express, i had received a text that our room was ready. we used our magic bands to enter our room & found the room in wonderful condition! we headed out to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs for dinner at Fulton's & had a wonderful dinner with Vanessa as our server. I can't wait to praise her degree of service to her bosses! she was wonderful! the only bummer was that when we returned to our room, the ice maker we had turned on when we left at 4pm still had not made any ice by 11pm. i thought that was kinda weird. i tried to reset the on/off switch, but could only wait to see if it helped at all. i did place a call to the front desk for a trouble ticket just in case by morning we didn't have ice. we did grab some ice from the ice machine to tide us over.

also report on the taste of tap water which a huge concern to my family. straight from the tap, SWAMPY. luckily we did bring a brita pitcher & the filter removed a majority of the bad taste. i used Crystal Light powder in my Brita-ed water & it tasted great. my friend drank it after filtered & noted barely any swamp taste left. i think we're good with that. thanks to everyone that gave me any pointers on the water situation. since i haven't had ice made yet, i can't report if the ice maker has a water filter but the ice from the ice machine tastes fine. our first park day is tomorrow!! time for some sleep to make RD!

oh, and wifi is working fairly well. of course it's absurdly late at night, so i'm guessing usage is fairly low. my phone had run pretty well with in-room & public area wifi at BLT/CR. will report more on how that goes for me at the parks tomorrow.
g'night all!

Very excited to say that with the Visa room only deal today we are officially booked in Contemporary Tower Theme Park View for February 1-9 2016!! Cannot wait!

Congrats on the discount! :thumbsup2

Could you add us to the first page? We are heading to WDW 10/6/16 - 10/10/16 for DH's 50th. Staying CR Atrium TPV - so excited!!!!:flower1::cool1:

Have a great trip! :yay:

yay! we arrived today & since i had checked in online, when we stepped off the Magical Express, i had received a text that our room was ready. we used our magic bands to enter our room & found the room in wonderful condition! we headed out to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs for dinner at Fulton's & had a wonderful dinner with Vanessa as our server. I can't wait to praise her degree of service to her bosses! she was wonderful! the only bummer was that when we returned to our room, the ice maker we had turned on when we left at 4pm still had not made any ice by 11pm. i thought that was kinda weird. i tried to reset the on/off switch, but could only wait to see if it helped at all. i did place a call to the front desk for a trouble ticket just in case by morning we didn't have ice. we did grab some ice from the ice machine to tide us over.

also report on the taste of tap water which a huge concern to my family. straight from the tap, SWAMPY. luckily we did bring a brita pitcher & the filter removed a majority of the bad taste. i used Crystal Light powder in my Brita-ed water & it tasted great. my friend drank it after filtered & noted barely any swamp taste left. i think we're good with that. thanks to everyone that gave me any pointers on the water situation. since i haven't had ice made yet, i can't report if the ice maker has a water filter but the ice from the ice machine tastes fine. our first park day is tomorrow!! time for some sleep to make RD!

oh, and wifi is working fairly well. of course it's absurdly late at night, so i'm guessing usage is fairly low. my phone had run pretty well with in-room & public area wifi at BLT/CR. will report more on how that goes for me at the parks tomorrow.
g'night all!

Glad you got a great room and that it was ready upon arrival. Sorry about the ice maker, I hope it's fixed soon. Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

Hello KOOK, Nut and fellow CR lovers! My wife, boys and I will be heading back to the CR (TPV room) from April 8th to April 12th of 2016. Can you please add us to the first page trip log to make us official?

Since I haven't been on the boards in a while, I thought I'd share my new WDW/vacation "strategy." It involves things we could only do if staying at the CR, so I think it's still appropriate for this thread! :rolleyes1 In the past, when the boys were younger, we'd stay a full week at the CR, following the normal RD routine and thoroughly exhausting ourselves in the process. We'd fly home, beat, bummed that our Disney vacation was over, and dreading having to return to work/school. However, last year (April 2014) we stumbled upon a great system that gave us the best of both worlds - a full WDW experience AND relaxing vacation. We were due for a visit with my in-laws (who live in the Tampa area) and decided to do a split trip - spending 4 nights in WDW at the CR and then driving to spend 4 nights with the in-laws.

As it turns out, for the first time, our boys (who were 10 and 13) discovered the joys of what we ended up calling "late night runs" at the MK. Every day at WDW, we would go bright and early to whatever park was on the agenda, go back to the CR to rest and shower, go to dinner, and then watch Wishes from our TPV room. As soon as the show was over, we'd gear up and then walk to the MK for another couple of hours in the park - which closed most nights we were there at midnight. By the time we got to the MK, we'd be there just in time to catch most or all of the Celebrate the Magic show and then we'd start hitting all of our favorite rides (with minimal-to-no lines). We'd catch parts of the MSEP between rides and would then usually close the park and head back to the CR to crash - most nights my youngest son and I would walk back and my wife and oldest son would take the monorail, betting who would get back to the room first. They did but my youngest son and I always had the much nicer trip/stroll! Then we'd wake up early the next morning and do it all over again.

By the end of our 4th night, we had done and seen so much, it FELT like we had been in WDW a full week. We were still sad to leave our beloved CR (checking out is always so depressing), but we were all looking forward to 4 days/nights of relaxation at my in-laws - chilling by the pool, reading, etc. By the end of the week, we were fully rested and ready to return home. Plus, we saved well over a thousand dollars by cutting our CR stay from our normal 6 nights down to 4 nights. The light bulbs went off over our heads and we agreed that we should follow the same plan during our next WDW trip (and all trips from now on). The moral of my long story is that this strategy (jamming a full week's WDW vacation into 4 nights) could only be possible in my opinion by staying at the CR. The flexibility it offers with the MK walking path, monorail access, ability to watch Wishes from your room, etc. is second to none.

Anyway, I'm back and I'll be checking out the thread(s) over the coming months to see what I've missed and what's new at the CR and WDW as I plan for my 2016 trip. Cheers!

update: the ice maker is kinda sorta working BUT we noticed that the water used is NOT filtered. as it melts, you can smell/taste the swampy-ness that's in tap water. just in case someone wanted to know. the ice maker has filtered water ice from what i've noticed (i mean the industrial ice maker on designated floors in BLT. i use the one on the 4th floor near room 7420).

Last edited:
Hello KOOK, Nut and fellow CR lovers! My wife, boys and I will be heading back to the CR (TPV room) from April 8th to April 12th of 2016. Can you please add us to the first page trip log to make us official?

Since I haven't been on the boards in a while, I thought I'd share my new WDW/vacation "strategy." It involves things we could only do if staying at the CR, so I think it's still appropriate for this thread! :rolleyes1 In the past, when the boys were younger, we'd stay a full week at the CR, following the normal RD routine and thoroughly exhausting ourselves in the process. We'd fly home, beat, bummed that our Disney vacation was over, and dreading having to return to work/school. However, last year (April 2014) we stumbled upon a great system that gave us the best of both worlds - a full WDW experience AND relaxing vacation. We were due for a visit with my in-laws (who live in the Tampa area) and decided to do a split trip - spending 4 nights in WDW at the CR and then driving to spend 4 nights with the in-laws.

As it turns out, for the first time, our boys (who were 10 and 13) discovered the joys of what we ended up calling "late night runs" at the MK. Every day at WDW, we would go bright and early to whatever park was on the agenda, go back to the CR to rest and shower, go to dinner, and then watch Wishes from our TPV room. As soon as the show was over, we'd gear up and then walk to the MK for another couple of hours in the park - which closed most nights we were there at midnight. By the time we got to the MK, we'd be there just in time to catch most or all of the Celebrate the Magic show and then we'd start hitting all of our favorite rides (with minimal-to-no lines). We'd catch parts of the MSEP between rides and would then usually close the park and head back to the CR to crash - most nights my youngest son and I would walk back and my wife and oldest son would take the monorail, betting who would get back to the room first. They did but my youngest son and I always had the much nicer trip/stroll! Then we'd wake up early the next morning and do it all over again.

By the end of our 4th night, we had done and seen so much, it FELT like we had been in WDW a full week. We were still sad to leave our beloved CR (checking out is always so depressing), but we were all looking forward to 4 days/nights of relaxation at my in-laws - chilling by the pool, reading, etc. By the end of the week, we were fully rested and ready to return home. Plus, we saved well over a thousand dollars by cutting our CR stay from our normal 6 nights down to 4 nights. The light bulbs went off over our heads and we agreed that we should follow the same plan during our next WDW trip (and all trips from now on). The moral of my long story is that this strategy (jamming a full week's WDW vacation into 4 nights) could only be possible in my opinion by staying at the CR. The flexibility it offers with the MK walking path, monorail access, ability to watch Wishes from your room, etc. is second to none.

Anyway, I'm back and I'll be checking out the thread(s) over the coming months to see what I've missed and what's new at the CR and WDW as I plan for my 2016 trip. Cheers!

Welcome back to the boards :).

Congrats on your upcoming CR trip. I think you have a great vacation strategy! Enjoy the anticipation and planning for your April trip :wizard:.

update: the ice maker is kinda sorta working BUT we noticed that the water used is NOT filtered. as it melts, you can smell/taste the swampy-ness that's in tap water. just in case someone wanted to know. the ice maker has filtered water ice from what i've noticed.

Thanks for the update ;).

BLT001.JPG
view from my "home" living room
BLT001.JPG BLT002.JPG
bedroom
BLT003.JPG
tub in master bathroom. there's also a shower stall in the same room as the toilet
BLT004.JPG
living room with island in the kitchen & dining area with L-bench. single chair on the left is a sleeper & the couch is one too.
BLT005.JPG
2nd bathroom near the front door.
BLT006.JPG
full kitchen.
This is our BLT room. 1st floor "outside C". it's our 1st time staying here & i'm really loving the convenience of the different transportation options! very easy to eat at a park or resort. fun!

Hi all! What's the best way to get from the Contemporary to Epcot in order to get there for rope drop? I'm been reading such conflicting information on the monorail schedule. Anyone have current information? Thanks so much!

Well after waiting a year to go to the CR, my 7 days are up, and I am back in the UK :(

I am busily writing up a mini report on staying there and sharing me experiences which I hope to do this week, but in the meantime here are a few pics, which when I was waiting to go, I appreciated other people taking the time to do post them, so please enjoy..

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

So happy to be staying at the BLT at CR the last week of January 2016!!!! I had my heart set on Boardwalk Villas, but saw an opening for the same price at BLT and thought it would be a great opportunity to stay at a new resort! Plus, we're taking our nieces and nephew, and I think they'll love the whole Monorail through the building resort!

Well after waiting a year to go to the CR, my 7 days are up, and I am back in the UK :(

I am busily writing up a mini report on staying there and sharing me experiences which I hope to do this week, but in the meantime here are a few pics, which when I was waiting to go, I appreciated other people taking the time to do post them, so please enjoy..

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg
Gorgeous pictures!!! What area were you in? Do you recall the room/floor?

Wonderful! I found the active thread! We've stayed one time at CR, and are owners of BLT. Can't wait for our first BLT stay next September. Can't wait to read through all the pages :flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:

Just booked the magical deal and added 3 nights at the Contemporary on the front end of our trip August 19-22. So excited but nervous. Never thought I'd be able to afford nights on a monorail resort. I don't know much about the Contemporary (other than our numerous Chef Mickey visits). The deal was for a Standard View / Garden Wing and DD's have always wanted to stay at Contemporary. Now I'm seeing a few things that make it sound like a bad location. We usually stay at POFQ. Can anyone give me advice / suggestions staying at the Contemporary? Do we go outside to access main part of Contemporary? We plan on a few hours at MK each day, but really want to spend time at the resort too (relaxing pace). I'm sure we'll love it (it's Disney:-))- we've stayed at all levels, but mainly moderate. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter