Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Any recent GDT club level stays? Maybe in the last month?

I’ve read a lot of reviews from the first month it opened...looking for recent updates to food/drink selections. I hate to be negative, but I’m wondering if they’ve downgraded items that we originally upgrades over usual WDW club selections: such as eggs, bacon, fridge stocked with bottled water, etc.

Also wondering if the evening offerings are still mostly seafood dishes?

I’ve read a lot of reviews from the first month it opened...looking for recent updates to food/drink selections. I hate to be negative, but I’m wondering if they’ve downgraded items that we originally upgrades over usual WDW club selections: such as eggs, bacon, fridge stocked with bottled water, etc.

I was there this past weekend, need to write up my thoughts. While I glanced at early reviews, I didn't totally digest them as I wanted to have some blank expectations prior to going.... so I can't compare then/now. But my quick take (obviously highly subjective of course):

- Breakfast was eggs, bacon, Minnie Waffles, etc - very substantial. Probably among the most substantial of any CL. A+
- The rest of the services were just "meh" for me (DW agreed as well). Yes, seafood influences for many things. After breakfast, I was thinking apps would totally shine... but they were a miss for us. C I think they really want you eating/paying upstairs. 8-)
- Fridge was well stocked with a variety of interesting things that were above-CL standard. But bottled water was hit or miss. Large chunks of the weekend it was out - "hadn't received their shipment yet." :scratchin A++ (minus the missing water, with water containers only set up half the time as well)

I'll post pics and such here at some point. Happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:

Agree mostly with @GADisneyDad14 . However my trips in Sept and Oct both had plenty of water. Dd24 loved the smart water too! (Only out sometimes but I’d grab 2 and put in room for her.)

Evening was hit or miss. I had fried cod nuggets one night that were good. One night a spicy chicken wing ! It was a glaze of some kind and so yummy. The rest mostly seafood but I prefer lighter flavors and only liked some.

The sunflower butter toast things midday actually are pretty tasty! Dd and I would get some sparkling and have those as a snack.

It wasn’t my fav food wise but I would go back, Price, breakfast, stocked fridge, alcohol out midday until evening, mimosas flowing all day were all pluses.

The staff however really made for me. They were all so attentive. I know several by name because they took time to chat with you.

Agree mostly with @GADisneyDad14 . However my trips in Sept and Oct both had plenty of water. Dd24 loved the smart water too! (Only out sometimes but I’d grab 2 and put in room for her.)

Evening was hit or miss. I had fried cod nuggets one night that were good. One night a spicy chicken wing ! It was a glaze of some kind and so yummy. The rest mostly seafood but I prefer lighter flavors and only liked some.

The sunflower butter toast things midday actually are pretty tasty! Dd and I would get some sparkling and have those as a snack.

It wasn’t my fav food wise but I would go back, Price, breakfast, stocked fridge, alcohol out midday until evening, mimosas flowing all day were all pluses.

The staff however really made for me. They were all so attentive. I know several by name because they took time to chat with you.

It’s crazy because I typically will book a CL stay based on food I like to eat... this isn’t the case with this one. Breakfast sounds great, but that’s where it ends for me... I honestly don’t even like the snacks they put out 😬 Liquid diet for that stay, but it Looks so incredible and I’m a sucker for ‘new’, so think it’s worth a short visit.

It’s crazy because I typically will book a CL stay based on food I like to eat... this isn’t the case with this one. Breakfast sounds great, but that’s where it ends for me... I honestly don’t even like the snacks they put out 😬 Liquid diet for that stay, but it Looks so incredible and I’m a sucker for ‘new’, so think it’s worth a short visit.
We really loved Rix Sports bar ! The food was so good. I had the appetizer lettuce wraps and it was plenty! Truly the flavors were so good we all loved what we got and I’m fussy! They open all day too if needed, we did lunch.

I’m not a foodie. I eat cause I get hungry, dd eats and plans each meal like it’s her last.😂

- Breakfast was eggs, bacon, Minnie Waffles, etc - very substantial. Probably among the most substantial of any CL. A+
- The rest of the services were just "meh" for me (DW agreed as well). Yes, seafood influences for many things. After breakfast, I was thinking apps would totally shine... but they were a miss for us. C I think they really want you eating/paying upstairs. 8-)

All of the lounges must have a food budget that they utilize as they see fit. I really liked evening apps at YC, but I thought their breakfast was meh. They were serving goat cheese and blue cheese as part of the breakfast choices. Just didn't seem like breakfast was a priority there. Still decent but others are better.

We are booked for our first CR stay (Atrium CL) in Dec. I apologize if I've overlooked it, but wondering if anyone has pics and/or a list of recent food offerings? I know things can/sometimes do change frequently, so just looking to get an idea of what could be offered. TIA :flower3:.

But bottled water was hit or miss. Large chunks of the weekend it was out - "hadn't received their shipment yet." :scratchin A++ (minus the missing water, with water containers only set up half the time as well)

Wait, what? No filtered water taps? I would have assumed they'd put that in as new construction. It was retrofitted in at BWI, both still and sparkling (though don't get me started on how hard it is to get water out of the sparkling tap)

Wait, what? No filtered water taps? I would have assumed they'd put that in as new construction. It was retrofitted in at BWI, both still and sparkling (though don't get me started on how hard it is to get water out of the sparkling tap)
No. It was definitely a mistake imho.

So basically, it's not that the options are not good it's that you just don't like what they are?
That's 2 very different things.
I realize that the bottom line is the same to whoever doesn't like something but having choices and not liking them are better than say, just a microwaved chicken nuggets, few crackers and cheese and no other choices. (Hard Rock I'm looking at you!)
I was there this past weekend, need to write up my thoughts. While I glanced at early reviews, I didn't totally digest them as I wanted to have some blank expectations prior to going.... so I can't compare then/now. But my quick take (obviously highly subjective of course):

- Fridge was well stocked with a variety of interesting things that were above-CL standard. But bottled water was hit or miss. Large chunks of the weekend it was out - "hadn't received their shipment yet." :scratchin A++ (minus the missing water, with water containers only set up half the time as well)

So basically, it's not that the options are not good it's that you just don't like what they are?
I realize that the bottom line is the same to whoever doesn't like something but having choices and not liking them are better than say, just a microwaved chicken nuggets, few crackers and cheese and no other choices. (Hard Rock I'm looking at you!)

Isn’t that the nature of any post about a CL offering? It’s all opinion and how we view things from our individual lenses.

But in terms of something less about opinion and more quantifiable, GDT’s evening offerings were a bit less substantial than our other CL experiences. Less variety, less options, generally speaking.

Like I said, I need to put my full thoughts down which I’ll do at some point. I’d definitely stay at GDT again and there are some things that are exceptionally good about the CL experience there, we just didn’t think the evening app experience was one of them.

We really loved Rix Sports bar ! The food was so good. I had the appetizer lettuce wraps and it was plenty! Truly the flavors were so good we all loved what we got and I’m fussy! They open all day too if needed, we did lunch.

I’m not a foodie. I eat cause I get hungry, dd eats and plans each meal like it’s her last.😂

Thanks for the tip!! I’ll have to check it out! Funny about DD!!! 😂

Thanks for the tip!! I’ll have to check it out! Funny about DD!!! 😂

We had never been to Coronado before so were a bit ignorant about the resort, but we were very impressed by the variety of food/restaurant options. Several restaurants and settings to choose from... waterfront, rooftop, sports bar, pool bar, fancy meal casual meal, quick service, etc - take your pick.

They have tons just not to my liking overall for the evening.. However I did find something to graze on each day. There were more misses vs hits that kind of thing.

Breakfast was good. I dont generally eat then but bacon and mimosa worked :flower1:

We had never been to Coronado before so were a bit ignorant about the resort, but we were very impressed by the variety of food/restaurant options. Several restaurants and settings to choose from... waterfront, rooftop, sports bar, pool bar, fancy meal casual meal, quick service, etc - take your pick.

Thank you, I appreciate your advice. That’s great to know. Question is, which one of those restaurants serve chicken nuggets? 🤔😉😁

Isn’t that the nature of any post about a CL offering? It’s all opinion and how we view things from our individual lenses.

But in terms of something less about opinion and more quantifiable, GDT’s evening offerings were a bit less substantial than our other CL experiences. Less variety, less options, generally speaking.

Like I said, I need to put my full thoughts down which I’ll do at some point. I’d definitely stay at GDT again and there are some things that are exceptionally good about the CL experience there, we just didn’t think the evening app experience was one of them.
For the most part yeah. But like I said, some are just bad, with nothing available to redeem them. None I've done at Disney but Hard Rock is atrocious. Seriously, they microwave chicken nuggets, like you get a MickyD's, not even real chicken. And some nights microwaved egg rolls. Cheese and crackers round it out. Afternoon snacks are bags of chips and granola bars. THAT is bad CL. Food that is out but not to my taste is not. I mean, I don't like mussels but when they are served fresh cooked in the lounge at BWI it's a great option. For those that like it.

Question for the group....admittedly a trivial CL one at that. Hard-boiled eggs with the shell still on. What do we think about that?

(This is a recent Poly CL pic, BTW)

View attachment 450303
I think I like it, they are probably fresh and made there. They buy them precooked in bulk and that is why they are usually like rubber. Of course that may not be true since I didn't hear it from a bus driver. :rotfl2: If they are hard to peel doesn't that mean that they are very fresh eggs? I find that the freshest organic eggs are the hardest to peel. Plus they would be much cleaner.

Not sure you know:

All you can drink mimosas.

Then this May with dh, Ds we SAW pog and asked for POGmosa.

Also I heard so I asked. You can ask for more. So I asked for bacon with my entree.
‘I’m on vacation , right?

Dd and I feel this is the BEST we’ve ever done at Disney.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the views too. Walking outside and looking around was amazing, even after doing BLT TPV and Atrium CL TPV.
Love POGmosas! I will definitely have this!

Thank you so much!!

For the most part yeah. But like I said, some are just bad, with nothing available to redeem them. None I've done at Disney but Hard Rock is atrocious. Seriously, they microwave chicken nuggets, like you get a MickyD's, not even real chicken. And some nights microwaved egg rolls. Cheese and crackers round it out. Afternoon snacks are bags of chips and granola bars. THAT is bad CL. Food that is out but not to my taste is not. I mean, I don't like mussels but when they are served fresh cooked in the lounge at BWI it's a great option. For those that like it.
I felt GDT evening offerings were “nice” but they definitely weren’t to my taste. Too spicy sounding or Fake Meat. There were a couple dishes I would have dug into if they hadn’t been Fake Meat but I cannot stomach eating Fake Meat 🤣 I’m happy to see it a available for vegetarians but not at the cost of the 2nd main dish...

We are booked for our first CR stay (Atrium CL) in Dec. I apologize if I've overlooked it, but wondering if anyone has pics and/or a list of recent food offerings? I know things can/sometimes do change frequently, so just looking to get an idea of what could be offered. TIA :flower3:.

We were there last week (Wed-Sunday). I didn't take any photos, but I remember many of the food items.

Breakfast: always cereal & milk, oatmeal with toppings, little mason jars of yogurt (plain and strawberry) with granola, hard boiled eggs with what I think was a feta cheese topping, various deli meats, smoked salmon, pastries, bagels/toast (and cream cheese), and fruit.

Midday: MYO snack mix (varied, with some combination of gummy bears, M&Ms, swedish fish, goldfish, banana chips and almonds), homemade potato chips with dip, crudite (I'm almost certain; I was focused on the chips), flatbread/breadsticks, and cookies.

Apps: always included soup (alternated between tomato bisque and NE clam chowder), cheese (the offerings here were odd -- sticks of what looked like four cheeses all joined together and cubes of a white cheese that was, maybe, asiago? I couldn't identify it. The point is, not cheddar, swiss, etc.), deli meats, rolls & butter, PB&J, a tiny single-bite plate, a cold salad, a hot chafing dish item and a kid item (alternated between chicken nuggets and mac&cheese). IIRC, the specific items were:

Wed: Pork loin with polenta (chafing dish), seared tuna, I think (tiny plate), greek salad.
Thurs: Asparagus with lemon mascarpone (tiny plate), beef stir-fry (chafing dish), can't remember the salad.
Friday: crab salad (tiny plate), flank steak with masa (chafing dish), black bean and avocado salad
Saturday: Beet salad with goat cheese (tiny plate), salmon (chafing dish), farro salad. Sorry I can't remember more, we didn't eat apps that day b/c we had a dinner ADR.

Dessert: There was always a shot glass full of something layered and creamy, a layered cake-type offering, cookies, and a few pastry-type items. I can't remember what was out which night, but there were macarons on two nights, key lime bites, cookies & cream rice krispie treats, a boston cream cake (2 nights), rocky road bars. I do remember that Saturday night seemed like leftover night, with most (all?) of the offerings re-appearances of items we'd had earlier in the week (not stale or anything, just not new to us).

There was coffee and tea out pretty much all day (both the nespresso and carafes of regular coffee in the morning, at least, then nespresso for the rest of the day), plus sodas, club soda, tonic water and chocolate milk in the cooler. In the evenings, there were red and white wines, a sparkling wine, beers and hard cider. With dessert were cordials. The first few days, we asked for cups of milk to go with dessert, but by Friday they were stocking cartons in the fridge. Mornings had OJ and water in dispensers. The water stayed out all day, but OJ was replaced by iced tea by midday.

Overall, we were pleased with the food offerings. The tiny plate apps and the shot glass desserts were (in my opinion) the best things offered. Each day, they were really delicious. Not that the rest of the food wasn't good, just that we really enjoyed those items specifically. I don't even like crab, but that crab salad was amazing. And I'm still kind of dreaming of the chocolate hazelnut shooter we had our first night...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter