• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks for your kind comments. I appreciate hearing that the pictures are helpful after enduring "the look" from my DH when I was taking all the photos!

:rotfl:
These pics are amazing!!! Most of the food is identical to our CL stay at the Beach Club (not surprising) boy do these bring back great memories!!!

Glad you enjoyed AKL CL :).

We really did! The reason I mentioned it as being different is that apparently they made that change not long before our trip. I was worried about the lack of more "kid-friendly" options, but it turned out fine! Anyway, when I emailed inquiring about it, they said that AKL was the only resort that was doing that with the "live" chef stage, as they called it. Other resorts may be doing it now, however, as that was last April. You've mentioned WL - we love WL but have not stayed club level there - it's definitely on my list, especially if the new lounge will have a fireworks view (I think I saw that somewhere?)!

We will be staying YC CL the end of April, I have stayed BC CL once and loved it. Hope the YC is just as nice.

I have had 3 stays at BC CL and this was my first at YC. I would happily stay at either. Funny, I have always been lucky to get a full balcony at the Beach Club. It was nice to know I would have one at the YC, but I probably used it less than I have on any other trip. Early mornings, late nights and quick breaks during the day.

:goodvibes

I showed my DD the YC CL pics and she said - why don't we stay there in April?! So, I priced it out with my PIN (since AP rates end before our trip). It's 30% off and $1,200 less than WL deluxe CL. I'm actually kind of shocked at the (dare I say) "low" price compared to the other CL's. Are the YC CL rooms being refurbished or are they done? I haven't followed it at all. Maybe I'll head on over to the BC/YC thread.

See what some awesome pics can do?!

How did you like DL? Where did you stay? We might be heading out to CA next fall, so I'm starting to look at the resorts as we would stay on property for 2-3 nights while we visit the parks :goodvibes.

Hi Mickeynut! I'm getting to spend a little time on the boards, thought I would pop by and say hey! I will also say that the Grand Californian would be my recommendation for your DL stay. I've stayed at all three of the DLR hotels (CL only at Paradise Pier) and there is nothing like the ambience of the Grand Lobby and grounds and the proximity to the parks. I agree with Trisha that the DL hotel feels more remote and it always seems like a much longer walk at the end of the day. I pop back to my room much more often when I stay at the Grand. There is a tour of the DL hotel that you can take if you are there one of the days it is offered (there is one for the Grand as well). You can go see the lobbies of the DL hotel (especially Frontier tower - there is a fabulous scale model of Big Thunder in the lobby) and hang out at Trader Sam's and the fire pit to enjoy the historic old Disneyland quality of the DL hotel but then have the lush comfort of a short walk and the beautiful lobby and grounds to enjoy at the Grand. Paradise Pier theme park view rooms look right into the Paradise Pier area of DCA, which is super fun too. Please feel free to ask any questions, DL is dreamy and you will have an amazing time if you go.

natebenma, thank you for the fabulous photos!

trishadono, I love your new avatar!

Last edited:
I showed my DD the YC CL pics and she said - why don't we stay there in April?! So, I priced it out with my PIN (since AP rates end before our trip). It's 30% off and $1,200 less than WL deluxe CL. I'm actually kind of shocked at the (dare I say) "low" price compared to the other CL's. Are the YC CL rooms being refurbished or are they done? I haven't followed it at all. Maybe I'll head on over to the BC/YC thread.

Awww!!! :goodvibes

The YC room refurbishments have not started yet. The work keeps getting pushed back. Originally was announced for August 2016, then pushed back to the end of October and now the start date is anticipated to be January 2017. I'll believe it once the work actually starts. We have not heard whether the work will be done floor to floor starting on the 5th floor (club level) and working down like the recent BC refurb or wing by wing like the BCV renovation.

We don't have a timeline, but the BC room renovations spanned January 2015 to late August 2015.

::yes::

I have had 3 stays at BC CL and this was my first at YC. I would happily stay at either. Funny, I have always been lucky to get a full balcony at the Beach Club. It was nice to know I would have one at the YC, but I probably used it less than I have on any other trip. Early mornings, late nights and quick breaks during the day.

:goodvibes
We also got a full balcony at BC CL... we only had a standard room however we had a great view. Full view of spaceship earth. I loved to sit out on the baloony and listen to illuminations.

We had a full balcony twice at the Beach Club (non-club), but the view was of the quiet pool (and laundry room) and of trees in your face. Both very disappointing.

We did dl cl. It was very very similar to CR's Atrium club. Same 11th floor lounge with pretty close to same offerings. One big exception was that they had champagne upon request all day!

I splurged and did the Fairytale suite(honeymoon room) so that was unbelievable.

For convenience we think GC would be better. It was an ok walk to and from each day but too far if you wan;t to sneak back for a snack from the lounge.

The themeing was mixed! Elements of cr mixed with poly. We loved that.

As for the parks, we were blown away. Walking where WALT walked was a dream of DD. There seemed to be so many more rides and less lines. Paperfastpasses too!

Oh and most restaurants were outside seating.

Anything specific? PM me anytime. I relied on lots of dis'ers for info. Harder to find stuff for DL.

Thanks, trish! I agree that it's hard to find stuff on DL. I appreciate your input as it will help should a DL trip work out for us :goodvibes.

We will be first timers to the Yacht Club club level in 15 days!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We really did! The reason I mentioned it as being different is that apparently they made that change not long before our trip. I was worried about the lack of more "kid-friendly" options, but it turned out fine! Anyway, when I emailed inquiring about it, they said that AKL was the only resort that was doing that with the "live" chef stage, as they called it. Other resorts may be doing it now, however, as that was last April. You've mentioned WL - we love WL but have not stayed club level there - it's definitely on my list, especially if the new lounge will have a fireworks view (I think I saw that somewhere?)!

Thanks for your input :flower3:. AKL CL gets great reviews and is definitely on my list to try (especially since we love AKL overall). WL CL is awesome as well. It's been quite awhile since our WL CL stay, but I often read recent reviews that mirror our amazing experience. I've also read that the WL lounge will now have a fireworks view, which will be great. I will, however, miss the lounge overlooking the lobby as that was one of my favorite things about it (which is probably why AKL CL is so appealing to me).

We will be staying YC CL the end of April, I have stayed BC CL once and loved it. Hope the YC is just as nice.

Hope you have a great trip :).

That's quite a savings! Good luck planning and making a decision :wizard:.

Hi Mickeynut! I'm getting to spend a little time on the boards, thought I would pop by and say hey! I will also say that the Grand Californian would be my recommendation for your DL stay. I've stayed at all three of the DLR hotels (CL only at Paradise Pier) and there is nothing like the ambience of the Grand Lobby and grounds and the proximity to the parks. I agree with Trisha that the DL hotel feels more remote and it always seems like a much longer walk at the end of the day. I pop back to my room much more often when I stay at the Grand. There is a tour of the DL hotel that you can take if you are there one of the days it is offered (there is one for the Grand as well). You can go see the lobbies of the DL hotel (especially Frontier tower - there is a fabulous scale model of Big Thunder in the lobby) and hang out at Trader Sam's and the fire pit to enjoy the historic old Disneyland quality of the DL hotel but then have the lush comfort of a short walk and the beautiful lobby and grounds to enjoy at the Grand. Paradise Pier theme park view rooms look right into the Paradise Pier area of DCA, which is super fun too. Please feel free to ask any questions, DL is dreamy and you will have an amazing time if you go.

Hi there :wave:

Thanks so much for your input! I love the look of the GC as it reminds me of the WL (and we love the WL). It will be a tough choice, but with both you and trisha mentioning GC being more convenient, that may be the one to choose. The good thing is I have lots of time to think about it as we won't go until next October (if dates work out).

trishadono, I love your new avatar!

Me too :goodvibes

Last edited:
We are staying club level at AKL and the service at the Kilimanjaro Club has been fantastic so far. The sangria is AMAZING, we has a savanna view room, and the staff has been very friendly. The only blip so far has been waiting quite a while after our reservation time for lunch today at Sanaa.
Was the sangria avaialble upon request all day like wine or only out with appetizers?

Just switched out Jan WL to AKL CL. Can't wait to try it.

Here are some pictures from my recent (and first) stay at YC CL Regatta Club. When I get a chance I'll post a review and comments.

::yes::

Terrific pics Dee thanks so much for sharing!! :goodvibes Looking forward to your review as well....

:thumbsup2 Nice putting your PIN to good use! That's quite a savings! We put ours to good use too...and now have a late winter and spring trip booked...Used lots of Disney math for that! ;)

Was the sangria avaialble upon request all day like wine or only out with appetizers?

Its always about the food...and drinks.........:drinking1Looking forward to hearing all about your AKL stay...::yes::

Mickeynut DL plans! Nice!! :thumbsup2 Are you planning to bring your DNiece too??? What a nice intro to all the magic Disney...:goodvibes

We did our very first WDW resort club level stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in November 2014 and we've been HOOKED on club level ever since. The lounge is absolutely beautiful and we did the special early morning safari with a splendid breakfast at Pizzafari (now Tiffins) which I'm not sure if they've ever brought back....perhaps after Avatarland is completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter