Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

How exciting! I will caveat that I have never stayed BWI or AKL, but I think Poly CL is an excellent choice given your circumstances. I am very much a Poly lover and have become pretty good at convincing myself the cost is worth it. Here are some thoughts from my perspective:
  • With a shorter trip and a MK focus, you really can't beat the ease/convenience of the Poly location. Quick monorail or boat ride readily available. If you and the other mom want some adult time you can walk to the TTC and take the monorail to Epcot. Walkability to TTC is one of the most underrated aspects of Poly IMHO.
  • I like the idea of a short/four day stay at the more "expensive" CLs like Poly, GF, etc. If it turns out you hate it, it's not like you've blown the bank on a week long trip. If you love it, you know what it's all about and can be comfortable possibly spending that kind of money on future trips if it strikes you.
  • Are you and the other mom/daughter sharing a room? If so, Poly CL is PERFECT as you can use the lounge as a place to hang out while others in your party are getting ready. Just gives you more space. The Poly lounge never closes and the Hawaii building is not very big - all rooms are reasonably close to the lounge, which is not the case at some other resorts.
  • The only downside I see is that your trip is in Jan and using/enjoying the pools may be hit/miss depending on the weather (assuming that's of interest). The pools/relaxing by the pool/enjoying the beach are integral parts of our enjoyment of the Poly. But the pools are heated and Hawaii is a short walk to each pool (and really close to the main pool hot tub). This still doesn't change my opinion above, you just may not get the full Poly vibe if it's cold.
  • Question - where are you getting the 10% discount? I didn't think the winter discounts were out yet (not that I've been watching or anything...)? Is that the historical discount?
Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great trip! Please report back!

Thanks to everyone for their posts! It is very helpful.:disrocks:

GADisneyDad we are sharing a room with the other mom and daughter which means I would only have to pay half. I think I am leaning towards Poly but I'll let you know. One awesome benefit is I was able to get flights for 2 on Southwest for $250 round trip.:cool1:

Thanks again all!

This is great! I'm so excited!!! I would request 3rd floor because we like higher floors and want a balcony, so maybe I'll see that castle...and WISHES!!!

I told my DH about how there were no garden views available, so I had to take LV, and I thought he would be irritated, but he said "does this mean you can watch Wishes from the room?" I was like, I think so! He got all giddy...so I think the room is a keeper! :cloud9:

The only disadvantage to staying in this type of room at Poly is that it's hard to ever stay elsewhere again! It's part of our trip to grab some dessert in the lounge and change into our cozy clothes to watch Wishes each night from our balcony/patio! So when we stay at a different resort, we feel like a big part of our fun is missing. I'm sure you know this, but make sure your request says "balcony/patio" because if they just see "3rd floor," and it's not available, they'll probably assume you want a high floor and give you the 2nd floor, which some people love being on the same floor as the food, but we highly prefer a balcony or patio.

The lounge is the best part of club level. This is why we like the lounges that do not close - it is a place to sit and relax.

Agree! I know BC closes (that has always been very clear) and WL closed only the food area (not sure what's going on now with the temp lounge.) Love that Poly, GF and AKL always have that space available for sitting. I'm trying to remember BWI - it's been a couple years since we've stayed CL there. I feel like we've always been able to get water, beverages, a cookie, etc. between times but I don't recall whether they actually close up and lock the room. Does anyone have recent experience at BWI?

Yesterday, I applied the visa discount to our Marathon Weekend stay, and upgraded to BWI CL, so you can tell I'm super excited about this! :)

Congrats on the discount and upgrading to BWI CL! :wizard:

The lounge is the best part of club level. This is why we like the lounges that do not close - it is a place to sit and relax. We do not stay at the parks from morning until night so maybe if you did the CL would not be worth it. We park hop almost every day and are always back at the resort for either snacks or appetizers.

I agree! I wish Disney would have that set up for all CLs as it's nice to have the lounge to sit and relax during non food service times :).

I also agree about the CMs at the BWI - they are in a class by themselves. Love Anita and Lorenzo. One time our DD was sick and Anita on her own went to get me some crackers and ginger ale when the lounge was closed. We love the Boardwalk. But I will say this trip we had great CMs at the CR CL.

I read this a lot about BWI CL. It seems to get the most positive reviews (that I've seen) over all other CLs ;).

Thanks to everyone for their posts! It is very helpful.:disrocks:

GADisneyDad we are sharing a room with the other mom and daughter which means I would only have to pay half. I think I am leaning towards Poly but I'll let you know. One awesome benefit is I was able to get flights for 2 on Southwest for $250 round trip.:cool1:

Thanks again all!

Congrats on the airfare! :yay:

Love that Poly, GF and AKL always have that space available for sitting.

Me, too! An open lounge is one of the draws to me for wanting to try Poly and AKL. I also love how GF and AKL overlook the lobby :goodvibes.

Agree! I know BC closes (that has always been very clear) and WL closed only the food area (not sure what's going on now with the temp lounge.) Love that Poly, GF and AKL always have that space available for sitting. I'm trying to remember BWI - it's been a couple years since we've stayed CL there. I feel like we've always been able to get water, beverages, a cookie, etc. between times but I don't recall whether they actually close up and lock the room. Does anyone have recent experience at BWI?

It does close through out the day. There are a few seats right outside but the lounge closes. Yet anytime we needed anything the CMs were always happy to get it. I didn't get that service at the BC CL. Once at the BC CL I was told I had to wait the half hour for it to open - that never happened at the BWI. I am curious about the WL too - we love that you can sit throughout the day.

I am curious about the WL too - we love that you can sit throughout the day.

I've been wondering about WL CL as well. I thought I read that the lounge is being relocated and will no longer overlook the lobby??? If that's true, I will be so disappointed as that is one of the things I loved most about WL CL :(.

It does close through out the day. There are a few seats right outside but the lounge closes. Yet anytime we needed anything the CMs were always happy to get it. I didn't get that service at the BC CL. Once at the BC CL I was told I had to wait the half hour for it to open - that never happened at the BWI. I am curious about the WL too - we love that you can sit throughout the day.

Thanks! Our last BWI CL stay was in 2014, and we haven't been able to find a good discount there since, so my memory is rusty! (And I'm not sure I'd call what we booked for Marathon Weekend a "good" discount - it's just tolerable because we're staying value for the first half of the trip.) :) If we need to hang out somewhere while the lounge is closed, Belle Vue is always convenient!

Completely agree regarding BC. I love love love that resort, but in recent years the vibe in CL has been exactly as you described.

Oh Erika
The only disadvantage to staying in this type of room at Poly is that it's hard to ever stay elsewhere again! It's part of our trip to grab some dessert in the lounge and change into our cozy clothes to watch Wishes each night from our balcony/patio! So when we stay at a different resort, we feel like a big part of our fun is missing. I'm sure you know this, but make sure your request says "balcony/patio" because if they just see "3rd floor," and it's not available, they'll probably assume you want a high floor and give you the 2nd floor, which some people love being on the same floor as the food, but we highly prefer a balcony or patio.

Yes! I will definitely request a balcony - maybe 3rd floor/balcony...to be super clear! :)

My husband and I LOVE the BWI CL. The lounge is open all day, 7-10. The cast are by far the best anywhere. I have finally been able to get a cast rate for our trip in December, it is ver, very difficult to get a cast discount here, and we are thrilled. We have been staying at the Beach Club during our past few trips, returning there again in January,but I am still hoping I can get my reservation changed. Beach Club is okay, but it just doesn't give me the warm fuzzies the BWI does.

Now that Disney has announced military rates for 2017, we have to decide which resort will have the honor of our presence ! Have never stayed poly CL and also thinking about Epcot resorts too. Since we are looking at next fall we have a few months to decide where we might want to stay and then call to find out where they still have a Military rate. Enjoy reading all the posts to help make our choice. We like CR and GF CL but want to try some others!

My husband and I LOVE the BWI CL. The lounge is open all day, 7-10. The cast are by far the best anywhere. I have finally been able to get a cast rate for our trip in December, it is ver, very difficult to get a cast discount here, and we are thrilled. We have been staying at the Beach Club during our past few trips, returning there again in January,but I am still hoping I can get my reservation changed. Beach Club is okay, but it just doesn't give me the warm fuzzies the BWI does.

Maybe it is different now but whenever we stayed at the BWI the lounge closed between each food serving. We were there last summer on a CM discount and it was great. It is our favorite CL for CMs - they make us feel like we are home - definitely not at the BC. Not warm at all.

Ugh oh...bad Disney mail!
IMG_2977.JPG

This has been our first year with APs. We definitely went enough to make financial sense from a ticket cost perspective, although I ended up booking more/longer stays this year than I otherwise would have partly because I wanted to make the most of having APs and partly because I found the CL discounts at various times during the year pretty reasonable with decent availability, even for last minute trips (which is a plus for me). So I guess in the end Disney won since I ended up spending way more on more/longer stays, which I'm sure is their goal. Well, we won too because we had great trips, adventures, and memories, but still - this stuff ain't cheap. I did enjoy having another option besides the general public discount as I made plans during the year.

Someone help me out with a little kool-aid so I don't have a moment of weakness and not renew. :-)

Well I got the call from Mom, they were having a great day and then my Dad just passed away at 1pm on Sunday. It has been a bittersweet week. We were thankful there was no pain and he lived a nice long full life of 75 years and 55 years of marriage. My 2 out of town siblings are staying with me and help with my older sis we managed to get through this week.

As I was getting ready for the Wake on Wednesday some of my Disboards buddies texted me the Visa discount was out. I was like now??? really? UGH ok I don't have time for this now but Ill look. I call dd21 to see where she wanted to go(at Target getting last minute needed things). We got 25% and ended up cheaper than our current booking at CR GV so ..... WL cl it is!

Just hearing some happiness in here voice was such a nice thing. I too am looking at doing the deluxe room. Thanks for posting the pix.

We stayed there in Jan 2015 so Its ok it not perfect this trip. Circus girl sent me pix of the temp lounge so I am aware of that. WL experts do you this the view of the current available deluxe rooms would be worth it vs only getting north wing rooms at the 7th floor?

We didn't care for the enclosed balcony on the 7th so maybe if deeper discount I might switch. I can;t remember the exact price (sure u understand) but just over $400 for Std cl and $510 for deluxe with visa discount so If general or pass holder lower I may switch.

Any input would be appreciated. Back to work and school for us today. It sure is nice having "dis" at times like this, the distraction is helpful.

Well I got the call from Mom, they were having a great day and then my Dad just passed away at 1pm on Sunday. It has been a bittersweet week. We were thankful there was no pain and he lived a nice long full life of 75 years and 55 years of marriage. My 2 out of town siblings are staying with me and help with my older sis we managed to get through this week.

As I was getting ready for the Wake on Wednesday some of my Disboards buddies texted me the Visa discount was out. I was like now??? really? UGH ok I don't have time for this now but Ill look. I call dd21 to see where she wanted to go(at Target getting last minute needed things). We got 25% and ended up cheaper than our current booking at CR GV so ..... WL cl it is!

Just hearing some happiness in here voice was such a nice thing. I too am looking at doing the deluxe room. Thanks for posting the pix.

We stayed there in Jan 2015 so Its ok it not perfect this trip. Circus girl sent me pix of the temp lounge so I am aware of that. WL experts do you this the view of the current available deluxe rooms would be worth it vs only getting north wing rooms at the 7th floor?

We didn't care for the enclosed balcony on the 7th so maybe if deeper discount I might switch. I can;t remember the exact price (sure u understand) but just over $400 for Std cl and $510 for deluxe with visa discount so If general or pass holder lower I may switch.

Any input would be appreciated. Back to work and school for us today. It sure is nice having "dis" at times like this, the distraction is helpful.
@trishadono
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Planning a trip, having a chance to spend some time with dear ones and relax sounds like a very nice idea.

I'm sorry for your loss Trish. :(

Maybe it is different now but whenever we stayed at the BWI the lounge closed between each food serving. We were there last summer on a CM discount and it was great. It is our favorite CL for CMs - they make us feel like we are home - definitely not at the BC. Not warm at all.
When we went each time it was always open 4/2016 and 7/2016. Miss BWI terribly it is amazing there!
Ugh oh...bad Disney mail!
View attachment 197885

This has been our first year with APs. We definitely went enough to make financial sense from a ticket cost perspective, although I ended up booking more/longer stays this year than I otherwise would have partly because I wanted to make the most of having APs and partly because I found the CL discounts at various times during the year pretty reasonable with decent availability, even for last minute trips (which is a plus for me). So I guess in the end Disney won since I ended up spending way more on more/longer stays, which I'm sure is their goal. Well, we won too because we had great trips, adventures, and memories, but still - this stuff ain't cheap. I did enjoy having another option besides the general public discount as I made plans during the year.

Someone help me out with a little kool-aid so I don't have a moment of weakness and not renew. :-)
No help here, I let mine expire and then renewed it before the 30 day grace period ended.... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter