• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thank you so much that sounds great! Have you requested turn down for your room? Hope you have a great rest of your stay and thanks for sharing.

I did'not ask or request turndown. Last night I put the do not disturb sign out since someone was sleeping just in case. Got back tonight after going out and walked in surprised to see that they had done turndown, also left a couple little chocolates on each bed.

Yes, but definetly certain guidelines. The appetizer time tonight was all the same, but with variations like some of the crackers, breads were different. Some cheeses or spreads were different. It was a cold strawberry soup instead of the couscous. The two hot appetizers were a pasta with a cheese and spice I couldn't name and a duck mozambique.
Breakfast was good. Lots of different fruits, oatmeal was great with toppings, mini cinn. buns, croisants, spreads, choc. Chip mini muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, cold cereal.
FYI -- love the sangria!
Actually love this whole place! Busses this am were basically empty but I think we picked the right park today as epcot seemed less packed, and mostly everyone went to the MK.

We love AKL too. Thanks for the reports. Can't wait to be back. Less than 100 days!!!

I did'not ask or request turndown. Last night I put the do not disturb sign out since someone was sleeping just in case. Got back tonight after going out and walked in surprised to see that they had done turndown, also left a couple little chocolates on each bed.

We stayed at the end of May/first of June and never requested turn down but we got it every night. I wonder if the turn down by request was just a short lived experiment. I think there were a lot of unhappy guests. You would think Disney would learn that taking chocolate away is going to lead to lots of complaints. We don't care if they actually turn down our beds, we just want the chocolate!

Has anyone stayed at the YC CL lately? How are the food offerings there? I'm booked for Nov 2017 - 7 nights. I'm hoping for a refurbished room by the time we stay ☺️ I've stayed at the BC CL in 2011, but didn't love the resort. I found it quite busy and not relaxing. I'm looking forward to the more laid back, tranquil feel of YC. Hoping the YC CL is as nice as BC CL is since its refurb ☺️

For those of you who have stayed on the CR CL floors: I am looking at a standard size room for our stay with an MK view. I am trying to decide whether to book the Atrium or the Tower Club. We will be one couple with a preschooler. Would the Atrium level be more kid-friendly? (I know that almost everything at Disney is kid-friendly, but it's worth asking.) From what I read, the CL on the Tower level is used less, because most of the rooms on that level are the large suites. Is that a reason to book a Tower Club room instead?

For those of you who are have stayed or will stay there, what criteria did you use to pick which floor to book?

We stayed at the end of May/first of June and never requested turn down but we got it every night. I wonder if the turn down by request was just a short lived experiment. I think there were a lot of unhappy guests. You would think Disney would learn that taking chocolate away is going to lead to lots of complaints. We don't care if they actually turn down our beds, we just want the chocolate!

Thank you. I hope they have re-introduced it without guest having to request!

Re WDWKOOK's post:
screen-shot-2016-08-03-at-9-10-23-am-png.185673

Is this true for the resorts with Convention Centers as well? And how can we direct packages to the Bell desk instead of regular delivery, if we don't want to use Prime Now?

My understanding is that all Amazon Prime Now packages are delivered only to Bell Services and only from morning till evening. They are under different delivery time-constraints than regular packages. The orders are supposed to be delivered for free in 2 hours or in one hour for $7.99. However, I did read some user reviews indicating that delivery timeframes are now taking much longer, beyond the 2 hours, but still same day, but these reviews were not specific to WDW deliveries. However, someone on the WL/VWL thread, (hyperlink in my signature), posted yesterday that they utilized APN while at SSR and it worked very well for them. I suppose you could PM them if you have more questions.

From what I've read, it seems that if a resort has a convention center, packages that are non-perishable go there. I don't know of a way around this and avoiding the convention center package "charge," other than the APN delivery to Bell Services.

So many Mickey yummies to enjoy after swimming!

Eta: this is BWI CL

Yum-o!

Has anyone stayed at the YC CL lately? How are the food offerings there? I'm booked for Nov 2017 - 7 nights. I'm hoping for a refurbished room by the time we stay ☺️ I've stayed at the BC CL in 2011, but didn't love the resort. I found it quite busy and not relaxing. I'm looking forward to the more laid back, tranquil feel of YC. Hoping the YC CL is as nice as BC CL is since its refurb ☺️

Long time no see! How is your DH?

Our last Regatta Club stay was back in June 2014. I believe that much in the way of food has changed since then so someone who stayed this year would have a more informed opinion. I thought the food was very good and I've heard that it's only improving. They started the CM pours when we were there which I wasn't a fan of, but my DH liked that extra level of service.

The BC lounge has been completely renovated and enlarged recently. Guests are reporting that it is much less chaotic and crazy in there and the offerings are much improved. It seems to be getting much more positive reviews.

Regatta Club 6/14:
IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg
For those of you who have stayed on the CR CL floors: I am looking at a standard size room for our stay with an MK view. I am trying to decide whether to book the Atrium or the Tower Club. We will be one couple with a preschooler. Would the Atrium level be more kid-friendly? (I know that almost everything at Disney is kid-friendly, but it's worth asking.) From what I read, the CL on the Tower level is used less, because most of the rooms on that level are the large suites. Is that a reason to book a Tower Club room instead?

For those of you who are have stayed or will stay there, what criteria did you use to pick which floor to book?

I've stayed on the Atrium Club's 12th floor and I'm booked on the Tower Club level a month from tomorrow. I have always wanted to try the Tower Club because the less crowded floor and unique décor really appeal to me. I'm not a fan of crowded, messy and noisy lounges where you sometimes can't get a seat. However, some have reported that they prefer the Atrium Club level because there are more people, so I guess it's a personal preference.

There are only 5 Tower Club standard rooms and a total of 16 rooms and suites up on the 14th floor. In contrast, the 12th floor has 48 rooms. I've read that the lounges offer the exact same food and drink. The rooms on the Tower Club level are the only rooms at CR not styled/configured like the other Tower and GW rooms. The very modern décor appeals to me, but some may not like it. I have links to Tower Club photos in the CL chapter of the CR/BLT thread hyperlinked in my signature.

You can't book a view with a Tower Club room. The two King rooms both have MKVs and there are three Queens, one with a MKV and two with a BLV. Views are by-request, which might not appeal to some who want a guaranteed view. However, both lounges have MKVs. Also, the rooms cost a bit more than an Atrium Club room, around $30 more per night, give or take.

I have read that more convention attendees do end up on the 14th floor so perhaps you can construe that there are fewer children. However, with 11 suites that can hold large families, I would think there would be kids in them?

I don't think that the 14th floor is for everyone, but I'm very excited about staying there and I'll be posting a LIVE TR in about a month. When are you thinking of going? Since there are only five Standard Rooms, they fill-up quickly, especially when using a discount. I used the Military rate of 40% off, but was only able to get three consecutive nights.

I've stayed on the Atrium Club's 12th floor and I'm booked on the Tower Club level a month from tomorrow. I have always wanted to try the Tower Club because the less crowded floor and unique décor really appeal to me. I'm not a fan of crowded, messy and noisy lounges where you sometimes can't get a seat. However, some have reported that they prefer the Atrium Club level because there are more people, so I guess it's a personal preference.

There are only 5 Tower Club standard rooms and a total of 16 rooms and suites up on the 14th floor. In contrast, the 12th floor has 48 rooms. I've read that the lounges offer the exact same food and drink. The rooms on the Tower Club level are the only rooms at CR not styled/configured like the other Tower and GW rooms. The very modern décor appeals to me, but some may not like it. I have links to Tower Club photos in the CL chapter of the CR/BLT thread hyperlinked in my signature.

You can't book a view with a Tower Club room. The two King rooms both have MKVs and there are three Queens, one with a MKV and two with a BLV. Views are by-request, which might not appeal to some who want a guaranteed view. However, both lounges have MKVs. Also, the rooms cost a bit more than an Atrium Club room, around $30 more per night, give or take.

I have read that more convention attendees do end up on the 14th floor so perhaps you can construe that there are fewer children. However, with 11 suites that can hold large families, I would think there would be kids in them?

I don't think that the 14th floor is for everyone, but I'm very excited about staying there and I'll be posting a LIVE TR in about a month. When are you thinking of going? Since there are only five Standard Rooms, they fill-up quickly, especially when using a discount. I used the Military rate of 40% off, but was only able to get three consecutive nights.
Thank you for putting together such a complete comparison. I will watch for your TR. The current plan is for us to go in Jan 2018, and we are about a month away from the earliest time we can reserve a room (at 499 days prior). I figured out that if we wanted an MK view on the Tower level, we would have to book a King room,but I am trying to figure out whether that really is the best place for us. I doubt we will care about the decor; knowing that the price difference is around $30 per night is helpful.

Thank you for putting together such a complete comparison. I will watch for your TR. The current plan is for us to go in Jan 2018, and we are about a month away from the earliest time we can reserve a room (at 499 days prior). I figured out that if we wanted an MK view on the Tower level, we would have to book a King room,but I am trying to figure out whether that really is the best place for us. I doubt we will care about the decor; knowing that the price difference is around $30 per night is helpful.

You're welcome.

~The price difference is compared with an Atrium Club BLV, (which they call a "Standard View") and not with a MKV/TPV, which costs quite a bit more.

~There is one MKV Tower Club room that has two queen beds. However, you can't book a King Vs. two Queens, but you can request one.

~To add to the confusion, the Tower Club Standard Room reservation can only be made by phone and it's booked as a "Standard Room - Club Level."

I had some old notes in my desk drawer- Some prices I got for CR 14th floor...this was for January 3-6 2016. I think I priced it for 5 adults.

This was for the 2 BR Tower Suites, one 1900 sq ft and one 1892 sq ft.

Both Bay Lake View, 2BR, 3 Bathrooms -- $14,679 each. One has a king, 2 queens, and 1 queen sleeper sofa. The other has 2 queens in each room, and a queen sleeper sofa.

2 Std CL rooms the same time period was $10,336.

The CM I spoke to was very nice and said she enjoyed looking at what was available and for how much. She said she doesn't get many calls about those rooms so it was fun for her to look.

I also priced a Poly Ambassador Suite, at 1513 sq ft. That was $12,924 for the same time period. I think there are two, one on each floor. The second floor suite has 2 BR with 2 queen beds in one, a king in the other, and a queen sleeper sofa in the living area. There are 3 bathrooms and a dining area with a large table and chairs, and a kitchenette with fridge, DW, coffeemaker, and dishes, glassware and flatware.:smickey:

At what time after booking should the IPO contact you, were are not going until November 2017, but should they have contacted as soon as we booked?

The food has been upgraded considerably, IMO it is better than GF RPC. There are pics of the new lounge and food on page one of this thread.

Hi WDWKOOK :) yes, it's been awhile, it's been so much easier to keep in touch with our RCer friends through FB, I admit I haven't been on the boards as much as I used to be, however, I miss everyone and have enjoyed catching up on resorts and happenings at WDW. I can't wait for our next trip - Cruising Concierge on the Fantasy for our 2nd cruise Nov 4-11, 2017, then staying a week at WDW, booked at YC CL at the moment Nov 11-18, 2017 but thinking of making our last 3 days at the 4 seasons maybe depending on the rates we can secure. I also like the idea of having the DDP, so it's up in the air as to if I will switch a few days over to the 4 Seasons yet. DH is doing great! He FINALLY, after 3 years of rehab, re-qualified on his fire arms certificate and his control tactics, and went back to work full time Dec 4, 2015! We are so happy he is back to normal/ minus his 1 finger, of course, but it hasn't limited him and he was able to still shoot a "Gold" on the range when they re-qualified. He's happy, although he had to fight and get he union involved to get back as he'd been out for so long -- in the end the department realized it wasn't in their best interest to make it difficult for him to return to his job and he is now back in the swing of things full steam ahead. This is a second career for DH, and this injury has made him re-think life and he is actually thinking maybe he should retire early (he's thinking at 55) and he's now 48, but he's kind of had enough of all the beauratic BS and wants to throw the towel in earlier than he had planned when starting this career. He's pulling his full time military pension right now, (22.5 yrs in the military) and was working on a second pension, and we had hoped to work until 62.5 but his peace of mind is worth something too -- so we aren't too sure how much longer he will be working. For now he's taking it day by day. WE are very much looking forward to our second cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. Allan has fallen in love with DCL and cruising so we are hoping to make it an every 2 year thing if we can....perhaps after this Eastern Caribbean sailing our next will be a European, or a medditeranian we will see, but we are planning on booking the placeholder for sure. I was originally going to go back to AKL CL for our WDW portion as we always have been happy at AKL....but YC really called to me, you can't beat that awesome pool , and it really looks like a beautiful more laid back, serene adult theme to me, and I am excited to try this side of the resort. My youngest son, Andrew and I (now 20) went to Beach Club CL in 2011 when he was 14 and we didn't love it....but the YC very much appeals to me, and I think it will be a great place for a trip with just hubby and I.....and if the kiddos somehow manage to save and meet us in WDW, then YC would be a great area for all of us I think :)

My understanding is that all Amazon Prime Now packages are delivered only to Bell Services and only from morning till evening. They are under different delivery time-constraints than regular packages. The orders are supposed to be delivered for free in 2 hours or in one hour for $7.99. However, I did read some user reviews indicating that delivery timeframes are now taking much longer, beyond the 2 hours, but still same day, but these reviews were not specific to WDW deliveries. However, someone on the WL/VWL thread, (hyperlink in my signature), posted yesterday that they utilized APN while at SSR and it worked very well for them. I suppose you could PM them if you have more questions.

From what I've read, it seems that if a resort has a convention center, packages that are non-perishable go there. I don't know of a way around this and avoiding the convention center package "charge," other than the APN delivery to Bell Services.

Yum-o!

Long time no see! How is your DH?

Our last Regatta Club stay was back in June 2014. I believe that much in the way of food has changed since then so someone who stayed this year would have a more informed opinion. I thought the food was very good and I've heard that it's only improving. They started the CM pours when we were there which I wasn't a fan of, but my DH liked that extra level of service.

The BC lounge has been completely renovated and enlarged recently. Guests are reporting that it is much less chaotic and crazy in there and the offerings are much improved. It seems to be getting much more positive reviews.

Regatta Club 6/14:
View attachment 186000

View attachment 186001

View attachment 186002

View attachment 186003

View attachment 186004

View attachment 186005

View attachment 186006

View attachment 186007

View attachment 186008

View attachment 186010

Last edited:
Please add us to the list. Just booked our annual mother/daughter trip at BC-deluxe CL room-Feb 24 to March 8th. Our daughter will be turning 21 on March 6th so she will enjoy her first "legal" drink at AK's Dawa Bar during our trip!! My husband (and son) will be hiding out at home in CT when this occurs-men-such a bunch of sissies-lol.

Enjoy your girls 21 bday!! My son will be turning 21 too on the same day! ☺️ He's in the military (airforce/Canada) so coordinating time off is a little harder now, would love to get back with him again though! ☺️

Please add us to the list. Just booked our annual mother/daughter trip at BC-deluxe CL room-Feb 24 to March 8th. Our daughter will be turning 21 on March 6th so she will enjoy her first "legal" drink at AK's Dawa Bar during our trip!! My husband (and son) will be hiding out at home in CT when this occurs-men-such a bunch of sissies-lol.

I stayed in the Presidential Suite in the YC in Nov 2014. First of all, amazing as you could imagine. And 2nd - no, i didn't pay for it! We just got major pixie dust! The resort was beautiful 2 years ago. The attendant was there to pour your wine/beer/ports. And daily offerings were OK - nothing that great but it was a nice place to unwind or get started for the day. We ate breakfast there in the morning and came back at night for our wine and cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter