Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have an unusual question and thought you guys could help me out. I know that when you book your room it is for two guests and then they have a $25 per night charge for any other adult guests, and this is my problem. We are booked at the BWI CL deluxe room from Dec. 3-Dec. 10. On our arrival day Sat. Dec. 3 and Sun. Dec. 4 it will be just my husband and I. On Monday night ( Dec. 5) my niece and her husband will be joining us for just one night and then we will again be just the two of us for two more nights. On Dec.8 my other niece and my sister will be joining us for two nights before we leave on Dec. 10 to go to PB hotel for three nights.

So do I pay for the two extra guests for our entire stay ($50 per night) or just the three nights that we have extra guests with us. I haven't tried talking to Disney about this yet and only paid for the room having only the two adults for now. If it makes any difference my husband and I have AP but the other four do not and the room is booked RO right now. TIA.

You can add everyone when you arrive for the nights they will be there and only be charged the additional $50 for those nights (the night of 12/5 and then again for nights 12/8 & 12/9). If DME has to be scheduled, you can make those arrangements once everyone is added to the room. We never use DME, but from reports I've read of others adding guests after arrival, you shouldn't have any trouble making those arrangements once everyone is added to the room (provided they need to use DME). Keep in mind that by doing this, the additional guests won't be able to book FPP ahead of time.

I have an unusual question and thought you guys could help me out. I know that when you book your room it is for two guests and then they have a $25 per night charge for any other adult guests, and this is my problem. We are booked at the BWI CL deluxe room from Dec. 3-Dec. 10. On our arrival day Sat. Dec. 3 and Sun. Dec. 4 it will be just my husband and I. On Monday night ( Dec. 5) my niece and her husband will be joining us for just one night and then we will again be just the two of us for two more nights. On Dec.8 my other niece and my sister will be joining us for two nights before we leave on Dec. 10 to go to PB hotel for three nights.

So do I pay for the two extra guests for our entire stay ($50 per night) or just the three nights that we have extra guests with us. I haven't tried talking to Disney about this yet and only paid for the room having only the two adults for now. If it makes any difference my husband and I have AP but the other four do not and the room is booked RO right now. TIA.

You only pay for the nights they are staying and you can do it at check in. However, I would go back and amend the reservation to 2adults and 2 kids. We had a situation where it was just my husband and I staying while my kids were on summer abroad programs. We changed the flight so they could meet us in Orlando and were going to add them at check in. We had been assigned a king room and it was a huge mess to get us into a 2 bed room. At least this way you are assured of having the right room type and can just remove the kids and add the adults at check in.

You only pay for the nights they are staying and you can do it at check in. However, I would go back and amend the reservation to 2adults and 2 kids. We had a situation where it was just my husband and I staying while my kids were on summer abroad programs. We changed the flight so they could meet us in Orlando and were going to add them at check in. We had been assigned a king room and it was a huge mess to get us into a 2 bed room. At least this way you are assured of having the right room type and can just remove the kids and add the adults at check in.

The OP booked a BWI CL Deluxe room. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of them have 2 queens and a queen sleeper sofa as they accommodate 6.

The OP booked a BWI CL Deluxe room. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of them have 2 queens and a queen sleeper sofa as they accommodate 6.
That is correct, two queens and a queen sleeper sofa. They sleep up to 6 adults.

Disney makes this really complicated. We were there in March and our DD was joining us after one day. We were told we would need to make 2 separate reservations if we wanted to add her on the 2nd day. Adding guests at the hotel was easier before, but now with FP+ it's a pain... If we added her at the hotel we couldn't book her FPs when we booked ours, and what good would it be if we had 2 FPs for every ride when we needed 3? In the end we just paid for her for the day she wasn't there, which honestly I think is ridiculous, but it just made everything else easier.

Thanks for all the quick answers everyone. Yes we are staying in a deluxe room so having enough room won't be a problem. My niece and her husband just extended their trip by one day, so instead of flying home on Monday in the afternoon they are switching over to the BWI with us and taking an early morning flight out on Tues. No worry over FP or anything else with them ( I hope). mmmears- That is the problem I am hoping to avoid when my sister and my niece join us later in the week. I really have no interest in paying the extra $50 a night for the whole week when we will only have 4 guests in the room for three of those nights. I wish I could wait and talk to the CM at the BWI CL. I'm sure they could have an answer for me in an instant, and take care of it quickly but I don't have nearly the same faith in the IPO before we arrive at the hotel.

You can add everyone when you arrive for the nights they will be there and only be charged the additional $50 for those nights (the night of 12/5 and then again for nights 12/8 & 12/9). If DME has to be scheduled, you can make those arrangements once everyone is added to the room. We never use DME, but from reports I've read of others adding guests after arrival, you shouldn't have any trouble making those arrangements once everyone is added to the room (provided they need to use DME). Keep in mind that by doing this, the additional guests won't be able to book FPP ahead of time.
That wont be a problem because we are using a Town Car. Though I did call in my reservation to them because it was just to confusing to do it online. We (four of us) will be leaving the BWI on Sat. the 10 and having the TC bring us to PB at Universal and then take us to the airport on Dec.13. It was easy to call them and explain everything and give them flight numbers over the phone. I'm sure they have seen and heard it all!

I booked RO at BC last year 4 nites AP rate. My daughter & BF were only going to be there 2 nites. I HAD to pay $50 for each nite even though they were only going to be there 2 nites. I even wrote corporate upon our return & they said that was correct. Sure didn't seem like it to me but.....

mmmears- That is the problem I am hoping to avoid when my sister and my niece join us later in the week. I really have no interest in paying the extra $50 a night for the whole week when we will only have 4 guests in the room for three of those nights. I wish I could wait and talk to the CM at the BWI CL. I'm sure they could have an answer for me in an instant, and take care of it quickly but I don't have nearly the same faith in the IPO before we arrive at the hotel.

I understand -- I wouldn't be willing to pay it. For us, since it was 1 person for one night, I just decided it was easier, but I'm still not happy about it (and that does affect how I feel about Disney). For 2 people and multiple nights, it's way too much money to avoid the hassle. If FPs aren't a problem, then I would just wait until you are there and add them in.

Thanks for all the quick answers everyone. Yes we are staying in a deluxe room so having enough room won't be a problem. My niece and her husband just extended their trip by one day, so instead of flying home on Monday in the afternoon they are switching over to the BWI with us and taking an early morning flight out on Tues. No worry over FP or anything else with them ( I hope). mmmears- That is the problem I am hoping to avoid when my sister and my niece join us later in the week. I really have no interest in paying the extra $50 a night for the whole week when we will only have 4 guests in the room for three of those nights. I wish I could wait and talk to the CM at the BWI CL. I'm sure they could have an answer for me in an instant, and take care of it quickly but I don't have nearly the same faith in the IPO before we arrive at the hotel.
I sent you a PM

Poly evening appetizers tonight.... Chicken quesadilla and spring rolls. Seems like the standard offerings we've had in the past. Kids offerings were the cut in half uncrustables and the bread/hummus. Also offered were the standard three cheeses /crackers and a few mixed berries. Not as much variety as what we had at RPC in Feb but enough to keep us satisfied for what it is.

Irv was working keeping everyone well hydrated. :drinking1

image.jpeg

Our room view to the left this evening and status of the shoreline. I will never complain about the weather, but the heat is no joke. 99 today!
image.jpeg

Our room view to the left this evening and status of the shoreline. I will never complain about the weather, but the heat is no joke. 99 today!
View attachment 184656

Lovely picture, thanks so much for sharing. What floor and view is this? Also, does anyone know if the 2nd floor window open? I know there is no balcony but if I end up on this floor if at least like to open the window to get fresh air and take in the view. TIA

Lovely picture, thanks so much for sharing. What floor and view is this? Also, does anyone know if the 2nd floor window open? I know there is no balcony but if I end up on this floor if at least like to open the window to get fresh air and take in the view. TIA
Second floor has a slider with a barricade right in front of it. I like it because you can still open it and look, even let a breeze in if there is one and also hear the water pageant and Wishes fireworks

Third floor, theme park view room. I'm towards the end of the building opposite the lounge, to the right side of Hawaii if you are looking at a north oriented map.

That is correct, two queens and a queen sleeper sofa. They sleep up to 6 adults.

Thanks for clarifying :).

Disney makes this really complicated. We were there in March and our DD was joining us after one day. We were told we would need to make 2 separate reservations if we wanted to add her on the 2nd day. Adding guests at the hotel was easier before, but now with FP+ it's a pain... If we added her at the hotel we couldn't book her FPs when we booked ours, and what good would it be if we had 2 FPs for every ride when we needed 3? In the end we just paid for her for the day she wasn't there, which honestly I think is ridiculous, but it just made everything else easier.

Two reservations for adding a person that will be there for just a few days?? That's just wrong :sad2:.
That wont be a problem because we are using a Town Car. Though I did call in my reservation to them because it was just to confusing to do it online. We (four of us) will be leaving the BWI on Sat. the 10 and having the TC bring us to PB at Universal and then take us to the airport on Dec.13. It was easy to call them and explain everything and give them flight numbers over the phone. I'm sure they have seen and heard it all!

Glad DME isn't an issue. I hope you don't have any trouble at BWI with adding everyone on just the nights they will be there :).

I booked RO at BC last year 4 nites AP rate. My daughter & BF were only going to be there 2 nites. I HAD to pay $50 for each nite even though they were only going to be there 2 nites. I even wrote corporate upon our return & they said that was correct. Sure didn't seem like it to me but.....

That's not right, IMO. When people add guests for less nights than what the reservation is for, I don't think they should be charged for all nights :sad2:.

For 2 people and multiple nights, it's way too much money to avoid the hassle. If FPs aren't a problem, then I would just wait until you are there and add them in.

I agree :thumbsup2.

Sorry, I missed the deluxe part:smooth:

No worries.....it's sometimes easy to miss things when reading posts as I've done it myself before ;).

Two reservations for adding a person that will be there for just a few days?? That's just wrong :sad2:.
Actually, that sounds like a very good solution!

Since they are booked at AP rate, they wouldn't have to pay any extra. Upon arrival, and in the reservation - they can have it noted that it is a continuing reservation, so they should be able to keep the same room.

Since we can now do online check-in, they wouldn't need to do in-person check-in, except maybe just for POM to verify their room assignment that morning. (I think the official WDW policy is that usually honor, but don't promise, same room.)

With two reservations, they can book FP for everyone.

The only real difference would be that they'd have to make an additional deposit now. (and be subject to the terms of two reservations)

^^ I actually disagree because with 2 reservations you have other issues. They will not guarantee that you will not have to switch rooms, and you will have to pay two deposits and keep track of two reservations. (It also affects booking FPs and Dining). They really need to update their "systems" to accommodate things like this; it's not an unusual occurrence. Just one opinion, but other hotels we have stayed at have not made things so complicated.

Poly evening appetizers tonight.... Chicken quesadilla and spring rolls. Seems like the standard offerings we've had in the past. Kids offerings were the cut in half uncrustables and the bread/hummus. Also offered were the standard three cheeses /crackers and a few mixed berries. Not as much variety as what we had at RPC in Feb but enough to keep us satisfied for what it is.

Irv was working keeping everyone well hydrated. :drinking1

View attachment 184654

View attachment 184656

Nice! The food offerings sound exactly the same as normal, pretty standard but we like everything well enough. Love the room view :cloud9:. 3rd floor is certainly a premier view. I just can't break away from the 1st floor cause we like to go right out onto the beach from our room. You know, our week there over July 4 was extremely hot too -- I think the hardest part was the heat index was usually right around 110 each day, temps in the upper 90's. And it didn't rain much at all!

Great job being done by Irv, as usual!

^^ I actually disagree because with 2 reservations you have other issues. They will not guarantee that you will not have to switch rooms, and you will have to pay two deposits and keep track of two reservations. (It also affects booking FPs and Dining). They really need to update their "systems" to accommodate things like this; it's not an unusual occurrence. Just one opinion, but other hotels we have stayed at have not made things so complicated.

Your information is slightly incorrect. I agree that WDW should have a better way to handle this, but I think 2 reservations is the better way to go.

We often do split stays, though we usually visit different resort. (We like the added variety of two different lounges, two pools, and varied park proximity.)

1. Keeping track of an additional reservation number is a non-issue, IMO. Two deposits yes, but no additional cost. Again, kind of a non-issue, IMO, unless they have cancel less than five days before arrival.

2. If they already made dining ADRs, there would be no change. They won't lose any ADRs they have. Otherwise, if we make our dining requests via IPO more than 180 days out, we've never had any trouble getting what we wanted (like BOG), and we also often do short stays. I also think if give IPO's both conf #'s, they might be able to make all their ADR's at once anyhow.

It would not affect their ability to book FP - EXCEPCT - that they would now be able to book FP for everyone in their party at the 60 day window on the days that they have additional guests. That's what they would gain doing two reservations. The FP booking would be the same for the folks staying the entire time. They can book FP for both stays at the 60 window.

If they stay with one reservation, their two extra guests can't book FP at the 60 day window unless they pay the extra adult fee, $50, for every day of the hotel reservation.

If not, the additional guests would have to wait until the 30 day window to book FP. With two reservations, the folks staying the entire time can book all FP for the duration of both stays all at once. The additional guests can book at what will be their 60 window.

Worst case scenario, is only that they'd have to swap rooms that day. For us, packing takes about 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter