Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Did you bring your patio chairs inside? Or leave them out?

We have had Room 1503 for 3 years almost in a row! In between, we were on the 3rd floor and loved that room as well. There were a couple factors that prompted me to request 1st floor last July. One - it's LV category now thus a money savings for us....with a really outstanding view. Two - we just love being able to walk out onto the sand and beach. Otherwise, we do love the 3rd floor too but the 1st floor has those couple of advantages for us.

I can see by the room chart that it might be a risk to book LV given the amount on the 2nd floor, but we've never had a problem getting 1st floor. My first request is "full patio/balcony" and my second request is "close to lounge."

We only bring our patio chairs inside during the 4th of July week, just on July 3 and 4. If we forget, then housekeeping brings them in.

The only drawback to 1st floor are these little cuties who always seem to have a stomach ache...
(I keep getting an error for some reason...geesh I just posted a picture yesterday...anyway, I was going to post a picture of the ducks on our patio!)

For TPV, I like to request a third floor room (first preference), close to the lounge (secondary preference). I will put a range of room numbers because I don't want to be those first few from the elevator but I don't want to be all the way at the end either. But like you said, it's not a big building and I wouldn't mind if I were at the end, it's just a few steps closer with the kiddos. This is the view from roughly 3506 or 3508 (can't remember). View attachment 149099

Great view! :)

We have had Room 1503 for 3 years almost in a row! In between, we were on the 3rd floor and loved that room as well. There were a couple factors that prompted me to request 1st floor last July. One - it's LV category now thus a money savings for us....with a really outstanding view. Two - we just love being able to walk out onto the sand and beach. Otherwise, we do love the 3rd floor too but the 1st floor has those couple of advantages for us.

I can see by the room chart that it might be a risk to book LV given the amount on the 2nd floor, but we've never had a problem getting 1st floor. My first request is "full patio/balcony" and my second request is "close to lounge."

We only bring our patio chairs inside during the 4th of July week, just on July 3 and 4. If we forget, then housekeeping brings them in.

The only drawback to 1st floor are these little cuties who always seem to have a stomach ache...
(I keep getting an error for some reason...geesh I just posted a picture yesterday...anyway, I was going to post a picture of the ducks on our patio!)

I noticed when I was at the Poly over Christmas people had them inside... I'm guessing because of Holiday Wishes. We are going in late July so hopefully there won't be a need to bring them in. :)

My first request is "full patio/balcony" and my second request is "close to lounge."
Is noise ever a problem when you are close to the lounge? I still have lots of time to figure my requests, but one of my favorite things about my past (non CL) stay at the Poly was how quiet our room was.

Is noise ever a problem when you are close to the lounge? I still have lots of time to figure my requests, but one of my favorite things about my past (non CL) stay at the Poly was how quiet our room was.

Sometimes. It really depends on how many kids are staying on our floor, to be honest. Although sometimes adults seem to "shout" when they walk by our room, but it's probably magnified because we're still trying to sleep.

When we stayed on the 3rd floor, our room was way at the other end (opposite the lounge) and that room was indeed very quiet.

It's not that we mind staying on the other end of the floor, but our kids are at an age where we let them go to the lounge on their own if they want to grab a drink or quick snack, so we just prefer our room close to the lounge. But first and foremost, our request is always "full patio/balcony" just to ensure we get 1st or 3rd floor.

I was a bit behind on this thread, and I'm so glad I am caught up....and that I read everything before replying since I was getting so upset about the CL access after check-out thing! Pas, I was the one who had a problem at BWI CL in December! It was a CL manager (one of the ones that wears a suit) who found out we had already checked out and said " you're not supposed to have access to the lounge after you check out at 11am because you're not included in our counts....but it's ok." Um, it wasn't ok, it was extremely awkward! I told her that we had stayed CL at GF many times in both SL and RPC (not to mention Poly and BC) and that we had always been told we had access until midnight (or 10pm if there are doors to the lounge that lock). She said that was wrong and that we only had access to the pool, etc:mad:!! I knew she was wrong, but I knew it wasn't the time to argue ...we were going to MVMCP:) Several of you told me to contact Guest Services to complain, but to be honest, I was afraid to ask because I didn't want to give them any ideas or if this was the new policy, I didn't want to know (better to play dumb)! I assumed that if Disney didn't want me to have access to the lounge, they would deactivate my magic band! When I first read the post about the AKL incident, it scared me really badly, so I am SO relieved to hear that there has NOT been a policy change! Thank you everyone who checked into this! I guess I'm a chicken! I was just not going to tell anyone when I checked out next time -LOL!

I was a bit behind on this thread, and I'm so glad I am caught up....and that I read everything before replying since I was getting so upset about the CL access after check-out thing! Pas, I was the one who had a problem at BWI CL in December! It was a CL manager (one of the ones that wears a suit) who found out we had already checked out and said " you're not supposed to have access to the lounge after you check out at 11am because you're not included in our counts....but it's ok." Um, it wasn't ok, it was extremely awkward! I told her that we had stayed CL at GF many times in both SL and RPC (not to mention Poly and BC) and that we had always been told we had access until midnight (or 10pm if there are doors to the lounge that lock). She said that was wrong and that we only had access to the pool, etc:mad:!! I knew she was wrong, but I knew it wasn't the time to argue ...we were going to MVMCP:) Several of you told me to contact Guest Services to complain, but to be honest, I was afraid to ask because I didn't want to give them any ideas or if this was the new policy, I didn't want to know (better to play dumb)! I assumed that if Disney didn't want me to have access to the lounge, they would deactivate my magic band! When I first read the post about the AKL incident, it scared me really badly, so I am SO relieved to hear that there has NOT been a policy change! Thank you everyone who checked into this! I guess I'm a chicken! I was just not going to tell anyone when I checked out next time -LOL!

I think it's a shame that even managers give incorrect information. Even if the manager is new, there should be somewhere or someone he can check with just to confirm an answer is correct. I would've felt awkward too in your situation. I posted earlier about an email I got a couple weeks ago from GF IPO telling me that I would not be able to receive a room ready text until I physically checked in at GF. I knew that was wrong, unless policy had changed since my last trip a few months ago, so I asked here on the DIS and everyone confirmed the CM is mistaken. So...I'm just going to probably let that email slide by -- it's just not worth a phone call in my opinion. However, when I call IPO to book a cabana, I'm going to casually mention about the room ready text and possibly the email I received. I might ask if they see my room requests that I emailed and they should be able to call it up and see the weird email reply I received!

Everything! Breakfast! Fresh fruit, croissants, hot quinoa! The staff is great. Love to be able to pop in and have a sangria or Chardonnay and some snacks. Take a few cans of soda or beer to your room for later. If you have kids, it's so nice to have milk, juice, fruit and treats. The hot offerings and crudités, my mom and I can make a meal out of....and then desserts and cordials...yum! You seriously don't have to leave the resort if staying CL! I'm a huge fan!

this is so nice to hear! I can't wait for our AKL CL stay!

If you were me would you pay a couple hundred extra for the week to upgrade to TPV?
It really depends on you..
I actually liked being on the first floor and not having to use an elevator or stairs for my room and the patio was so nice to sit on.

If you were me would you pay a couple hundred extra for the week to upgrade to TPV?
If you spend a lot of time in your room and will enjoy the view, I would. I also prefer to not be on the first floor. Always thinking something is going to crawl in and I often feel like someone is always looking in your room if you leave the curtains open:scared1: We stayed third floor three doors away from the elevator and the location was great. We were on the garden side though. Next time we'll splurge and go for the TPV. Either way, you will be at the Poly and it will be great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter