Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh yikes....well I have to say I understand completely regarding the sticker shock as we're staying at RPC during Easter week. I ended up reducing our # of nights there to make it feel not quite as expensive. In your shoes, one thing I wouldn't do is end the trip at a moderate. Like you said, it would be tough going from GF to a moderate, especially on Christmas. I guess you are going for 8 nights, just like me, so what I did to ease my mind about the cost is to begin the trip for 3 nights at POR and then we're moving to RPC for the last 5 nights. It made the 8-night total a lot lower so I'm going to stick with this plan. Maybe that would work for you? Just look at the total cost rather than the nightly cost is my thinking.

I get what you're saying about the total versus the nightly, but i'd still be paying that amount :scared::scared::scared:

I need advice!!!

Currently the kids and I are booked for Christmas at the GF (SL) but I'm second guessing myself. I feel happy about the first part of our stay, I've got the AP rate, but the last two nights are a KILLER!!!! Here's what I'm paying:

Rate per room/Per night (plus tax)
12/18, 12/19 $ 655.90
12/20, 12/21, 12/22, 12/23 $ 597.80
12/24 $ 854.00
12/25 $ 984.00

The last two nights are costing way too much money and the thought of paying that amount makes me break out in a sweat! :scared: The problem is, are we really going to be happy splitting our stay and LEAVING the GF on Christmas Eve??? Looking at our ADRs we've got dinner 12/24 at BOG, then the CP dinner package on 12/25. I was planning to go home Saturday 12/26. But as I'm about to buy the airfare I'm feeling unhappy with the cost of the last two nights and really wanting to change it. So here are some options:

1. Fly home 12/24 (saves me about $2000!!)
2. Split our stay and spend the last couple of nights at a moderate resort or cheaper deluxe resort without CL.
3. Stick with GF SL the whole 8 nights and pay the big bucks
4. Downgrade the whole 8 nights to GF non-CL (drops price by $1600)

My thoughts:

1. I really don't want to cut the trip down to 6 nights, we like longer stays
2. I never like to end a trip with a cheaper room and the thought of spending Christmas Eve and Day at a moderate resort doesn't seem nearly as nice of a holiday treat. Plus we plan to decorate and put up a small tree and stockings.
3. STICKER SHOCK
4. Downgrading to non-CL would allow us to stay in the same room the whole trip with our Christmas decorations

I'd love help from you guys. :grouphug: I don't know what to do, and I really need to hurry up and decide before airfare prices go up any higher and the resort availability goes down the tubes. What do you think????:confused::confused::confused:

I would downgrade to a non-CL room and enjoy the entire stay at the GF. I love CL and want to get back to it, but I stayed in a regular room my last stay at BC and we were fine. I took advantage of Garden Grocer and got everything we needed to create out own concierge in the way of snacks and drinks in our own room. We did the same thing when we stayed at the Grand Californian at Disneyland Resort. We were fine, happy, and really didn't miss club level. I didn't miss the lounge and my husband liked it better since he didn't feel full going into our dinner ADRs. Just my thoughts. Good luck with whatever you decide! :sunny:

So, I am booking my first stay at Poly CL. We have stayed at YC CL and loved it! I'm a little nervous trying a different resort. We love YC, but I really want to try a monorail resort. Any tips you can give a new guest at the Poly? My parents are coming with the five of us. Booking a SV CL room. Hoping for connecting doors, and is it true there is no balconies on the 2nd floor of Hawaii? We want a balcony, what should I request when the time comes? Thanks

I would downgrade to a non-CL room and enjoy the entire stay at the GF. I love CL and want to get back to it, but I stayed in a regular room my last stay at BC and we were fine. I took advantage of Garden Grocer and got everything we needed to create out own concierge in the way of snacks and drinks in our own room. We did the same thing when we stayed at the Grand Californian at Disneyland Resort. We were fine, happy, and really didn't miss club level. I didn't miss the lounge and my husband liked it better since he didn't feel full going into our dinner ADRs. Just my thoughts. Good luck with whatever you decide! :sunny:

I totally agree with you, my kids are the driving force when it comes to club level. They feel like it's the most important thing. I could take it or leave it for the sake of saving a couple thousand bucks!

So, I am booking my first stay at Poly CL. We have stayed at YC CL and loved it! I'm a little nervous trying a different resort. We love YC, but I really want to try a monorail resort. Any tips you can give a new guest at the Poly? My parents are coming with the five of us. Booking a SV CL room. Hoping for connecting doors, and is it true there is no balconies on the 2nd floor of Hawaii? We want a balcony, what should I request when the time comes? Thanks

You are aware of the construction view currently going on for the Poly GV CL rooms, right? That is supposed to continue through the spring I think. I'm not sure of your dates, but I wanted to make sure you knew about that.
If you want a balcony you need to request 3rd floor. The 2nd floor rooms do not have a balcony.
I love the Poly! I don't think you'll be disappointed! :D

I've been checking availability for our trip at the end of this month over and over obsessively in case any other resorts opened up. ((currently booked at Coronado because that was the only thing left)) And a cottage suite just opened up at the BWI CL for our dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I take it??? I know it only has a king bed, would they bring a roll-away for Nic????

You are aware of the construction view currently going on for the Poly GV CL rooms, right? That is supposed to continue through the spring I think. I'm not sure of your dates, but I wanted to make sure you knew about that.
If you want a balcony you need to request 3rd floor. The 2nd floor rooms do not have a balcony.
I love the Poly! I don't think you'll be disappointed! :D

Oh No! I was hoping they would be done before then. We are going April 23rd-May 1st.

Oh No! I was hoping they would be done before then. We are going April 23rd-May 1st.

Can you swing a lagoon view? It's on the other side of the building where the construction is done. If on 1st floor, you'll have a patio and be able to walk out onto the beach (the bungalows are in the water now obstructing the view, but we personally don't mind that....). If on 2nd floor, you won't have a balcony but you'll be on the same floor as the food (some people like this, but we don't like this floor as we love a patio/balcony...). If on the 3rd floor, you'll have a nice balcony and fabulous view (you can see the Castle over the bungalows).

If on the 1st or 3rd floors, it's an easy walk up or down the stairs to the 2nd floor food.

We love the Poly CL. The building is right next to the pool and it's so convenient to go back and forth on a pool day. The views from the lounge (and your room if on that side) are amazing.

I've been checking availability for our trip at the end of this month over and over obsessively in case any other resorts opened up. ((currently booked at Coronado because that was the only thing left)) And a cottage suite just opened up at the BWI CL for our dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I take it??? I know it only has a king bed, would they bring a roll-away for Nic????
I won't have my first BWI stay until December, but as you know, BWI has a much better location than CSR! And although CSR is a nice moderate (we used to stay there sometimes before we discovered deluxes), it's not as nice as a deluxe! I would think they would get you a rollaway, but is the cottage the one with the King bed in the loft area with a couch downstairs? If so, I wonder if it is a pull-out? Aren't king rooms usually occupancy of 3? If cost isn't a factor, I'd do BWI, if it can accommodate 3 people:) As for the Christmas dilemma, I'd let your boys decide since it's Christmas...but I wouldn't want to move rooms if you plan to decorate quite a bit. I wouldn't move "down" at the end of a trip either. I would either bite the bullet and stay at GF or shorten my trip if money is a factor. My DD17 wants to be home for Christmas anyway, so I would probably shorten it. Those prices the last two days sound like RPC but you aren't getting RPC!! And I just read on allears that Disney raised the prices for AP and TIW, so there goes more money:scared:!!!

I get what you're saying about the total versus the nightly, but i'd still be paying that amount :scared::scared::scared:

Yeah...I know...it stinks. I also considered staying in a regular non-CL room at GF for the first part of my trip, then moving to RPC for the 2nd part. At least we would've stayed at the same resort the whole time. But in the end, the price wasn't that much of a cut....not nearly as much of a cut as how I have it now (staying at POR for the first 3 nights, then RPC for the next 5 nights).

It is true that 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony, so you would have to request 1st floor for a patio or 3rd floor for a balcony.

From what I understand, the quiet pool was scheduled to be done by spring, but construction started 1-2 months later than expected, so that could delay completion.

Can you swing a lagoon view? It's on the other side of the building where the construction is done. If on 1st floor, you'll have a patio and be able to walk out onto the beach (the bungalows are in the water now obstructing the view, but we personally don't mind that....). If on 2nd floor, you won't have a balcony but you'll be on the same floor as the food (some people like this, but we don't like this floor as we love a patio/balcony...). If on the 3rd floor, you'll have a nice balcony and fabulous view (you can see the Castle over the bungalows).

If on the 1st or 3rd floors, it's an easy walk up or down the stairs to the 2nd floor food.

We love the Poly CL. The building is right next to the pool and it's so convenient to go back and forth on a pool day. The views from the lounge (and your room if on that side) are amazing.
I won't have my first BWI stay until December, but as you know, BWI has a much better location than CSR! And although CSR is a nice moderate (we used to stay there sometimes before we discovered deluxes), it's not as nice as a deluxe! I would think they would get you a rollaway, but is the cottage the one with the King bed in the loft area with a couch downstairs? If so, I wonder if it is a pull-out? Aren't king rooms usually occupancy of 3? If cost isn't a factor, I'd do BWI, if it can accommodate 3 people:) As for the Christmas dilemma, I'd let your boys decide since it's Christmas...but I wouldn't want to move rooms if you plan to decorate quite a bit. I wouldn't move "down" at the end of a trip either. I would either bite the bullet and stay at GF or shorten my trip if money is a factor. My DD17 wants to be home for Christmas anyway, so I would probably shorten it. Those prices the last two days sound like RPC but you aren't getting RPC!! And I just read on allears that Disney raised the prices for AP and TIW, so there goes more money:scared:!!!

It only has a king bed. The couch doesn't pullout. :/
I'm going to keep checking. Something else might open up at the six day mark ... Also I might inquire at Coronado about the business class upgrade. :)

Yeah...I know...it stinks. I also considered staying in a regular non-CL room at GF for the first part of my trip, then moving to RPC for the 2nd part. At least we would've stayed at the same resort the whole time. But in the end, the price wasn't that much of a cut....not nearly as much of a cut as how I have it now (staying at POR for the first 3 nights, then RPC for the next 5 nights).

I'm going to investigate a split stay. I think that's going to be the best deal. I can't stomach $1000 for one night in sugar loaf.

I'm going to investigate a split stay. I think that's going to be the best deal. I can't stomach $1000 for one night in sugar loaf.
So does Disney always stop discounts before Christmas Eve, or did they offer one at some resorts?

I totally agree with you, my kids are the driving force when it comes to club level. They feel like it's the most important thing. I could take it or leave it for the sake of saving a couple thousand bucks!
I totally understand. My kids love club level, too. When I was last at WDW in June, it was just my husband and I. In California, my kids were so overwhelmed and excited about being in California, that they never mentioned it, lol, so that was great! Let us know what you decide. :)

So does Disney always stop discounts before Christmas Eve, or did they offer one at some resorts?

I was able to get a discount with a PIN code a couple of years ago, but I think usually it is a black out period for most discounts.

I totally understand. My kids love club level, too. When I was last at WDW in June, it was just my husband and I. In California, my kids were so overwhelmed and excited about being in California, that they never mentioned it, lol, so that was great! Let us know what you decide. :)

I've got a new plan brewing for a GF/BC split! I'll let you guys know when I decide. :D ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter