Disney's Carousel of Progress

talking mickey

Earning My Ears
why are they closing Disney's Carousel of Progress for two days i hope there not closing it if any know just let me know why

why are they closing Disney's Carousel of Progress for two days i hope there not closing it if any know just let me know why

If it's just for two days i wouldn't worry it's probably a quick fix of something that needs to be looked at two days is nothing major.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Long time lurker..... First time post

I have to know what they did to my favorite attraction of all time. New seats, deep cleaning???? Can anyone report back?

I know when we were there in November it broke down a few times. I think it just needs some maintenance. I am like you. I don't want to make a trip and not see it.;)

This is a classic Walt attraction. It is a basic refurb, and not an involved one. Touch ups. Repairs.

I love the Carousel of Progress. It is a Family favorite and the first thing we go to when entering the Magic Kingdom (believe it or not). Wif and 2 kids 21 & 19 usually go to fast pass at Buzz Lightyear, then CoP, then the People Mover, then either fast pass return or space mountain.
But this year in Aug will be our first trip with the NEW FantasyLand so we may alter our plan MAYBE, But I doubt it. The ages of my kids dont really have alot of interest in The new Fantasy land. But I am glad I have kids at the ages they are that still transform themselves back to childhood and play and sing and basically have fun.
That is why CoP is our favorite, we go on it first then cant get that song out of our heads and sing it the rest of the day. Along with all of the Corny lines that they have on that attraction. BUT we love it it is pure Disney!! We love the nostalga and the classic touch that Walt himself gave to this ride or attraction. Not alot of attractions that Walt created that have been un-altered over the years and this is the best. The fact that it was created for the World Fair and its history sold me on it years ago. I may seem to be barking alot about it that is how much we love it. This attraction should be celebrated and NEVER Changed!!

COP is a Walt original that he originally created for the New York World's Fair. I highly doubt they'd mess with it. Disney typically closes down a number of rides for a few days every year. They're probably just doing general maintenance.

We're big fans of CoP as well, making sure to do it on every trip -- among the first things the past couple trips. But as much as we like it and as much as I'd like it to be there for all my future trips, I won't be surprised if one day they close it down for something with broader appeal. Believing its future to be in question the more we age is a big part of why we make it a priority to get it in on each trip, enjoying it as much as possible before it gives way to progress itself. . .

CoP is our go-to spot for afternoon cool downs. We do it at least 2 times each day we're at MK.

I wouldn't mind an update though, especially on the last scene (the kids think it's funny that it's "modern" when for them it seems like ancient history :rotfl:), but I would REALLY hate to see it go. Our next trip is late August and I'm hoping that our MK days are low crowds... but not so low that they don't open CoP :goodvibes

We love , love , love this ride and how can you not adore that song ? :cool1: It's A Great Big Beautiful tomorrow ( don't you agree ?) :3dglasses

Don't mess with Progress!

I'd love to see a *little* dusting up! And I agree, maybe they'll put some new gadgets in the "modern day" scene that'll spruce it up chronologically!

I remember "hearing" that CoP could be moved to the Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco. Personally, I hope not .

When we were there in January....in the last scene, the Dad's hand was just hanging there. I hope they fixed it because the kids and I could not pay attention to anything else!

I remember "hearing" that CoP could be moved to the Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco. Personally, I hope not .

I traveled to San Francisco last March. I had no idea that the Walt Disney Family Museum was located at the Presidio. It was a most pleasant surprise. What an amazing place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter