Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I just wanted to remind people that putting in room requests doesn't always work. We requested Martinique or Barbados (standard room) on the second floor. We ended up in Jamaica, first floor handicapped room. It was pretty well the opposite of what we wanted. Lol I politely asked if anything was available in Martinique and we got a room there on the second floor. The cast member had no idea why none of our requests were met, since there was obviously availability. Oh, and with late night arrivals, there is no separate online check-in or streamline check-in desks. Very few staff at 12am, so we waited in a long line. Just wanted to share. :)

Hi all! I just wanted to remind people that putting in room requests doesn't always work. We requested Martinique or Barbados (standard room) on the second floor. We ended up in Jamaica, first floor handicapped room. It was pretty well the opposite of what we wanted. Lol I politely asked if anything was available in Martinique and we got a room there on the second floor. The cast member had no idea why none of our requests were met, since there was obviously availability. Oh, and with late night arrivals, there is no separate online check-in or streamline check-in desks. Very few staff at 12am, so we waited in a long line. Just wanted to share. :)
Totally agree. I've seen many people complain about this a lot lately (not on this board). If you want a specific category, book it and pay for it. I don't ever mind where we'll be. This trip, we're book Pool/Water and might put in a request just based on some suggestions from this board. Either way, a request is just that...a request, not a guarantee!

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK
We are going to stay at CBR next year and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about having a pack and play in the rooms? Any pictures of this working out? Do all of the rooms have the new pull down beds in them? My Mom is down there now in a room at POR with the pull down bed and doesn't think there would be room for a pack and play if the CBR rooms are smaller? Thanks for any help you can give!

We are booked for a pirate room. What are the odds I can ask for and get another building when we arrive?

We are going to stay at CBR next year and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about having a pack and play in the rooms? Any pictures of this working out? Do all of the rooms have the new pull down beds in them? My Mom is down there now in a room at POR with the pull down bed and doesn't think there would be room for a pack and play if the CBR rooms are smaller? Thanks for any help you can give!

The pull downs aren't in all rooms but the rooms at CBR are slightly bigger than POR so you should be fine.

Just an FYI, there are pin codes that went out today that include the CBR and go through June 7th. I was able to add it to our 2016 reservation and saved almost $700. I know that sometimes the resorts that have recently undergone refurbishments are excluded but that's not the case with the CBR and this particular pin code.

So the first page of this post mentions that the pirate rooms are being refurbished and would be done this month. Is that still true? We're headed there at the end of October, and I can't find that information anywhere else.

Totally agree. I've seen many people complain about this a lot lately (not on this board). If you want a specific category, book it and pay for it. I don't ever mind where we'll be. This trip, we're book Pool/Water and might put in a request just based on some suggestions from this board. Either way, a request is just that...a request, not a guarantee!
I booked preferred room for our stay but still put in request from touring plans for specific building and room. Will they try to honor it?

I booked preferred room for our stay but still put in request from touring plans for specific building and room. Will they try to honor it?
I've never used Touring Plans to put in a request and was thinking about trying it out this time. We don't go until November, but I can tell you how it pans out after that trip :)

So the first page of this post mentions that the pirate rooms are being refurbished and would be done this month. Is that still true? We're headed there at the end of October, and I can't find that information anywhere else.

We are all anxiously awaiting somebody who is there now or just returned to give us an update.

They will always try to honor room requests. The only resorts I know for sure accept and read faxed requests are POR and POFQ. We always call the main reservation line and add our room requests to our reservation. We've always had great luck.

Does anyone know which room #'s in Barbados have Murphy beds?
We had one at POR and my son is looking forward to sleeping in one again this trip.

We are all anxiously awaiting somebody who is there now or just returned to give us an update.

They will always try to honor room requests. The only resorts I know for sure accept and read faxed requests are POR and POFQ. We always call the main reservation line and add our room requests to our reservation. We've always had great luck.
Thanks! I will do that today
I want that middle building in Martinique if possible, we have party of 5 so I think that requires us to have a room with Murphy bed

Just a fast update. We checked in today and we are in love. We stayed here in 1998 in Jamaica and 2011 in pirate rooms. When we did online check in I requested Martinique and ground floor. Then I did a touring plans fax and said anything but Jamaica, ground floor and requested building 22 Martinique. When I got my text at 11:45 it said we were in Jamaica 41. I was disappointed, but realized I was still happy to be here. We decided to go to Customs House and ask if there were any other rooms. We went in with the plan that if they said no, we would be ok with it. At first she said there was nothing else open until Sunday (we could move then). We asked what the room would be to see if we wanted to move, or just stay put. She told us to hang on and went and did some magic somehow and while she was away I got a text that my room in Martinique 23 was ready. We were shocked and pleasantly surprised. The room is beautiful, we have a Murphy bed, and I love the new decor. The location is great as well. The resort as a whole is just so awesome. So far I have nothing to complain about :). We went to Blizard Beach today and the crowds were great. Great start so far!!!!!

Is this really true?!?! My sister and I always finish off a day at the parks with a nice soak in the hot tub! Will it really be closed?? Even if the pool bar is still open? That is so depressing! It's really been a tradition for us; it's one of the main reasons we always stay at CBR...
We wanted to spend some time in the hot tub on our first night, which would have been Tuesday night.....only there were SO MANY kids in there it just wasn't relaxing.

sadly havent seem one photopass person i van see now what people meamt :(
I thought I quoted this post last night but maybe I didn't.....there were 3 photographers set up on thursday doing the main street photo during the castle show and we were able to do the Hitch hiking ghosts and Haunted Mansion magic shot.

We checked in on tuesday around noon......I had stream lined check in but when we arrived, we were told to go to On line check in.

I can tell you that room 4241 does NOT have a murphy bed. It's a King room and is a corner room as well.

We put Jamaica 2nd floor for our online request.....then with Touring Plans we requested second floor, Jamaica 42 facing the water. We were put in Jamaica 42, but on the other side of the building and on the second floor. We did pay for a King Room.

I've never used Touring Plans to put in a request and was thinking about trying it out this time. We don't go until November, but I can tell you how it pans out after that trip :)
Can't hurt to try! See my above comment.

Just a fast update. We checked in today and we are in love. We stayed here in 1998 in Jamaica and 2011 in pirate rooms. When we did online check in I requested Martinique and ground floor. Then I did a touring plans fax and said anything but Jamaica, ground floor and requested building 22 Martinique. When I got my text at 11:45 it said we were in Jamaica 41. I was disappointed, but realized I was still happy to be here. We decided to go to Customs House and ask if there were any other rooms. We went in with the plan that if they said no, we would be ok with it. At first she said there was nothing else open until Sunday (we could move then). We asked what the room would be to see if we wanted to move, or just stay put. She told us to hang on and went and did some magic somehow and while she was away I got a text that my room in Martinique 23 was ready. We were shocked and pleasantly surprised. The room is beautiful, we have a Murphy bed, and I love the new decor. The location is great as well. The resort as a whole is just so awesome. So far I have nothing to complain about :). We went to Blizard Beach today and the crowds were great. Great start so far!!!!!
I love this resort too! Hubby likes it better than POR and I may have to agree with him. With the exception of the main pool and evening courtyard area, I would never know we had any neighbors.....oops, with the exception of the buses coming home from the parks. :) Bus is a fair distance at Magic Kingdom but on the plus side, when we were running to the buses during the downpour that pre-maturely ended our Fantasmic, the busses at Hollywood Studios is super close!

I did both, actually. Don't know if one or both mattered, but I'm glad I got my requests. And thanks! So far the trip has been great. A little rain just now during MNSSHP, but it only delayed the parade and Hallowishes.
I'm glad it didn't mess up the party too much. We were about half way through Fantasmic this evening when it was stopped.

Not all rooms have the pull down beds. There is room for a pack-n-play between the door and first bed, though. We parked our double stroller there every night without folding it up.

A really lousy fall day here. Not much above freezing (western Canada) drizzling and just cold and damp. A good day to hang out with my CBR friends here and say "just 36 days more" over and over. :)

It's cold and wet here in northeastern Ohio, 43 days to go and I agree thinking about WDW and looking at the photos of CBR is warming me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter