Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

While I know it's all speculation at this time right now, we are planning on booking for the end of September and I'm really worried about the construction. I wish it had already started and there was a plan out so we could decide whether or not to stay there.... :confused3
We're in the same boat! We were thinking end of September... but may change our hotel now...

While I know it's all speculation at this time right now, we are planning on booking for the end of September and I'm really worried about the construction. I wish it had already started and there was a plan out so we could decide whether or not to stay there.... :confused3

We're in the same boat! We were thinking end of September... but may change our hotel now...

Anything after May will have disruptive construction.

We've changed our September reservation on our TA's very strong advice. She was a friend long before she became a Disney TA so I trust her word. DH is not happy. We consider CBR our Disney home, but not this time with all the construction.

I just changed my flight next week to arrive a day early and booked one night at CBR. I've never stayed there before and I am a bit overwhelmed by the size of the place! Excited to check it out but my time will be very limited. Flight lands at 10pm so I will be arrive very late via ME. The next morning my plan was to take my luggage to Bell to transfer to my next resort and then hop on bus to MK as I am doing Keys to the Kingdom. But my priority is my morning coffee--- is there a coffee place and bell stand at the Old Port Royale building or do i need to go to the Custom house to have my luggage transferred--- and if I do, is there coffee at the Custom House?

Thanks!

I just changed my flight next week to arrive a day early and booked one night at CBR. I've never stayed there before and I am a bit overwhelmed by the size of the place! Excited to check it out but my time will be very limited. Flight lands at 10pm so I will be arrive very late via ME. The next morning my plan was to take my luggage to Bell to transfer to my next resort and then hop on bus to MK as I am doing Keys to the Kingdom. But my priority is my morning coffee--- is there a coffee place and bell stand at the Old Port Royale building or do i need to go to the Custom house to have my luggage transferred--- and if I do, is there coffee at the Custom House?

Thanks!
Bell services will come to your room, then you can go to OPR for your coffee and hop on the bus there.

Anything after May will have disruptive construction.

We've changed our September reservation on our TA's very strong advice. She was a friend long before she became a Disney TA so I trust her word. DH is not happy. We consider CBR our Disney home, but not this time with all the construction.

I wouldn't say it will disrupt all aspects of the resort though. Disney tries to do their best when doing construction at resorts to minimize impacts on guests.

I'm also booked in September and I've been kinda worried. On Our first trip we stayed at an all star that was doing construction on their food court and they had a makeshift one set up in the arcade. It was fine but next trip was at Pop and we loved having the food court. So I really don't want to be without one again. My hubby basically said what rteetz said and that the construction probably wouldn't bother us too much but I'm really torn about what to do. I really wanted queen size beds and to try a mod resort. But it's also my brothers first trip and I don't want it to be spoiled. :confused3

I'm also booked in September and I've been kinda worried. On Our first trip we stayed at an all star that was doing construction on their food court and they had a makeshift one set up in the arcade. It was fine but next trip was at Pop and we loved having the food court. So I really don't want to be without one again. My hubby basically said what rteetz said and that the construction probably wouldn't bother us too much but I'm really torn about what to do. I really wanted queen size beds and to try a mod resort. But it's also my brothers first trip and I don't want it to be spoiled. :confused3
POR has queen beds too. :) (I tried to send you a message, but your profile is set to prevent that.)

Hi
I've been reading this thread as much as I can but feel the need to post for more info.

Help and advice please. We are booked at CBR for end July/beg August 2017 for our first time to Disney. Will be myself, hubby and daughter age 8 for 2 weeks from the UK and I'm really worried about the extent of the work. I was going to request Aruba or Jamaica anyway but what about the pool and food court?
Am going into travel agent tomorrow about bits n pieces shall I see what they say about the disruption or ring disney direct? I really want to stay at CBR but not if it will ruin an expensive holiday.
All advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Rach

Hi
I've been reading this thread as much as I can but feel the need to post for more info.

Help and advice please. We are booked at CBR for end July/beg August 2017 for our first time to Disney. Will be myself, hubby and daughter age 8 for 2 weeks from the UK and I'm really worried about the extent of the work. I was going to request Aruba or Jamaica anyway but what about the pool and food court?
Am going into travel agent tomorrow about bits n pieces shall I see what they say about the disruption or ring disney direct? I really want to stay at CBR but not if it will ruin an expensive holiday.

Rach

Hi Rach,

Welcome to DIS!

We've got exactly the same issue. We're arriving from Manchester on 27th July through until 10th Aug and I am in two minds what to do. I now that we'll be out in the parks most of the time but we want to be able to enjoy our resort on the pool mornings / resort evenings we have planned.
We've not stayed at CBR before but have experience of POR which we loved.
Only problem is that with two adults and two children who are classed as Disney adults (13 and 11), the cost of switching to POR would add another chunk onto what is already an expensive holiday.
It seems that there are already very few, if any standard rooms available at any of the mods.
Would you post an update on how you get on with your TA? I'd be really interested to hear.

Hi

Rach

Hi Rach,

Welcome to DIS!

We've got exactly the same issue. We're arriving from Manchester on 27th July through until 10th Aug and I am in two minds what to do. I now that we'll be out in the parks most of the time but we want to be able to enjoy our resort on the pool mornings / resort evenings we have planned.
We've not stayed at CBR before but have experience of POR which we loved.
Only problem is that with two adults and two children who are classed as Disney adults (13 and 11), the cost of switching to POR would add another chunk onto what is already an expensive holiday.
It seems that there are already very few, if any standard rooms available at any of the mods.
Would you post an update on how you get on with your TA? I'd be really interested to hear.

I spoke to an agent and he said that in April ( I am there 17-23) construction will only be in Trinidad South and that they don't have a pool. Other villages will not be impacted.

Thinking of booking for may 2017-I'm confused about the renovations (I read back several pages ) and when they start/what will be affected, can someone fill me in?

We're booked November 10-18, 2017.....should I switch resorts? We are hoping for free dining so that kind of limits my other moderate options.

Thinking of booking for may 2017-I'm confused about the renovations (I read back several pages ) and when they start/what will be affected, can someone fill me in?
We are booked may 9-18 and would like to know this as well. We have water view room and considering Jamaica or Aruba, but if alternative location would reduce the impact of construction, then would like some opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter