Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Curious those that have stayed this year, have you seen the extra magic of towel animals made for your room?

Curious those that have stayed this year, have you seen the extra magic of towel animals made for your room?

Haven't stayed this year, but stayed in late 2014, after the first reports of them being discontinued were circulating. We had them for the first days of our trip after leaving special notes and the tip folded into shapes for the mousekeeper...but the last couple of days we had a different mousekeeper and no animals. The first lady left nice notes in reply, was very engaging. We never asked for them, but I think she did them because we were doing the shapes with the money for her...and our daughter was writing nice notes hoping she had a good day and thanking her.

Makes sense -- we did have an exceptionally kind/friendly mousekeeper. Luck of the draw, apparently! :-)

What about how they staged the kids animals and toys? Is that discouraged now also? We just checked out yesterday and honestly my kids were so looking forward to the staging and towel magic.

I never knew the towel animals were to take home. When we stayed at the cabins at Fort Wilderness we has animal staging & towel fold magic almost every night. It was such a wonderful touch! It's so disappointing that they are losing all the magical touches.

We were there for 11 days in September, we had called to get it cleaned during the evening once, I had been sick and couldn't get it cleaned during the day. That night we got a Mickey head and a bed for my daughters stuffed animal. It was the only time. My girls made great mousekeeping envelopes and we left a note once and got no response. I think it really depends on the mouse keeper and the amount of time they have.

I haven't stayed yet this year, but we stayed there last year for 9 nights and never had a towel animal. I've stayed at 7 different resorts now (several more than once) at all levels over the past 6 years and have only had a few towel animals left for us. It happened most days we were at BC CL and one or two times during a BWI stay. Actually, thinking back they did have a Mickey head when we arrived a couple other times but nothing else. And I've never seen the type that have little stickers for eyes and faces on them that people have posted pics of here in the past. I think some people have been lucky and get them a lot but it's never been an all the time thing.

Haven't stayed this year, but stayed in late 2014, after the first reports of them being discontinued were circulating. We had them for the first days of our trip after leaving special notes and the tip folded into shapes for the mousekeeper...but the last couple of days we had a different mousekeeper and no animals. The first lady left nice notes in reply, was very engaging. We never asked for them, but I think she did them because we were doing the shapes with the money for her...and our daughter was writing nice notes hoping she had a good day and thanking her.

I haven't stayed yet this year, but we stayed there last year for 9 nights and never had a towel animal. I've stayed at 7 different resorts now (several more than once) at all levels over the past 6 years and have only had a few towel animals left for us. It happened most days we were at BC CL and one or two times during a BWI stay. Actually, thinking back they did have a Mickey head when we arrived a couple other times but nothing else. And I've never seen the type that have little stickers for eyes and faces on them that people have posted pics of here in the past. I think some people have been lucky and get them a lot but it's never been an all the time thing.

Just to shed some light on the towel animals. I posted this about 8 months ago but still stands as true.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers use to make the animals are towels that are going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, they have decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

The last time we got towel animals was 6 1/2 years ago. We had a lot of family with us that trip with many children. We never took it as a "every trip" kind of deal, but were absolutely delighted when they showed up. We gave our mousekeeper an extra tip for doing that and she actually left us a lovely thank you note for the tip!!!
It made the trip even more enjoyable!
I haven't seen an animal since, but our travel group has been more older teens and young adults with us, so I thought that may be part of it, they want to spread the magic to the wee little ones!
But, for us, it was never expected.

We are headed down in a few days. Does anyone know the current bounce back offer (if there is one). I would like to be able to look at some dates and have an idea of what we could do before I get down there. Thanks

We are headed down in a few days. Does anyone know the current bounce back offer (if there is one). I would like to be able to look at some dates and have an idea of what we could do before I get down there. Thanks

It's a room only:

Jan 1-4. 8-12, 16-19, 22-26, 29-Feb 2
Feb 5-8. Feb 12-16. 20-23. 26-March 2
March 5-9, March 12-16, 19-23. 26-30
April 2-6 April 21-May 25
May 29-June 30
July 5 -Aug 31
Sept 4-30
Dec 8-23

30% Deluxe, no villas on mono, no 3bdr. Poly studio included
25% Moderate including POFQ! No campsites
20% Value not LM

Deals are for specific dates only.

It's a room only:

Jan 1-4. 8-12, 16-19, 22-26, 29-Feb 2
Feb 5-8. Feb 12-16. 20-23. 26-March 2
March 5-9, March 12-16, 19-23. 26-30
April 2-6 April 21-May 25
May 29-June 30
July 5 -Aug 31
Sept 4-30
Dec 8-23

30% Deluxe, no villas on mono, no 3bdr. Poly studio included
25% Moderate including POFQ! No campsites
20% Value not LM

Deals are for specific dates only.

Hi dansdad,

I wonder how the Bounce Bank offer works.
So even if I stay at CBR, I can book any other resorts for the next time?
Also, can I add dining package to it?

What is LM? Little Mermaid room?

Just wondering if the December activities page gets posted? I've been going online, and so far I can only find Novembers. I wonder if December's isn't out yet? Although I found Decembers for other hotels.

Hi dansdad,

I wonder how the Bounce Bank offer works.
So even if I stay at CBR, I can book any other resorts for the next time?
Also, can I add dining package to it?

What is LM? Little Mermaid room?

I'm not dansdad, but thought I would help answer your question.

You can book bounce back for any resort that is available for your desired dates, not just the resort you are staying at currently.
You can add dining and/or tickets to the reservation.
LM does mean Little Mermaid.

Just remember that you have to book your reservation before check-out. Many people miss this and then try to book it after they have returned home.

I'm not dansdad, but thought I would help answer your question.

You can book bounce back for any resort that is available for your desired dates, not just the resort you are staying at currently.
You can add dining and/or tickets to the reservation.
LM does mean Little Mermaid.

Just remember that you have to book your reservation before check-out. Many people miss this and then try to book it after they have returned home.

Thank you!

Is it based on the availability?
i am planning to come back in January. Not sure if I should wait till Sunday (when we arrive WDW)

Thank you!

Is it based on the availability?
i am planning to come back in January. Not sure if I should wait till Sunday (when we arrive WDW)

Yes it is based on availability. Not just availability at the resort, but availability for the discount at the resort. One option is to go ahead and book a room with your desired dates, if you are definitely going. Then if there is availability with the bounceback, book another reservation and cancel your current. They MAY even be able to apply the discount to your current reservation, but I am not sure on that one.

Just to add to the list of rooms with murphy beds:
Martinique 2218 (water view) has a murphy bed but the room smells so we were moved to
Aruba 5355 (standard) which has a murphy bed and a connecting door

Yes it is based on availability. Not just availability at the resort, but availability for the discount at the resort. One option is to go ahead and book a room with your desired dates, if you are definitely going. Then if there is availability with the bounceback, book another reservation and cancel your current. They MAY even be able to apply the discount to your current reservation, but I am not sure on that one.

I would require 2 rooms (my in-laws will be joining this time). What should I do in that case?
We think we're just going to stay in the resort this time.

You actually have until the phone lines close the day of check out. Which I think is around 11pm? Both times we've booked a bounceback I waited until the evening when we were either waiting at the airport or after we got back home.

I would require 2 rooms (my in-laws will be joining this time). What should I do in that case?
We think we're just going to stay in the resort this time.

For January, unless it is during a race weekend, I think I would wait until you arrive. It's only a few more days and January is not generally a busy month. Maybe look at what is currently available for the dates you want. If there are several resort options and room categories available then I doubt they would fill up between now and when you arrive. Then you can book both rooms with the bounceback offer.

You actually have until the phone lines close the day of check out. Which I think is around 11pm? Both times we've booked a bounceback I waited until the evening when we were either waiting at the airport or after we got back home.

True. Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure the exact cut-off.

I believe it's 10 pm - but yes, you can book once you've left property on you check out date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter