Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just wonder why they do not convert the pirate rooms to club rooms. They will need to build a club. I also think they could have a smaller more quiet pool where the rooms are. Then you can drop people at the club entrance. This would reduce the nee for people to walk to OPR. And it will reduce it being so busy. It will also make a market for romantic travel.

Why do they "need to build a club"? Even CSR is doing away with "Business Class" rooms. If you want a "club" experience there is the Club/Concierge level at the deluxe resorts.

I can go to deluxe hotels. Disney does not need to do anything. But building a club and small pool would help deal with the remoteness of the rooms, It could also get rid of the expense of the bus service within the hotel. As they would have an entrance where the club is. Also it would help during peak seasons control the numbers going to the pool.

I can go to deluxe hotels. Disney does not need to do anything. But building a club and small pool would help deal with the remoteness of the rooms, It could also get rid of the expense of the bus service within the hotel. As they would have an entrance where the club is. Also it would help during peak seasons control the numbers going to the pool.

But converting them to Pirate themed rooms was their way of dealing with the remoteness. Sure, now that they have been around for a decade the novelty to those that have been going to WDW for awhile has worn off. But there are still many families for whom the pirate rooms are a special treat. Some (even many) might be a bit disappointed with the location once there, but I bet a lot are just fine with it for the theme. The trouble is we all view them through our own eyes, and not through other's experiences. If I was going for a once-in-a-lifetime trip, and had a nine-year-old pirate fan of a kid, I would find them appealing...and even knowing the drawbacks, book one.

I would even accept being upgraded to one anyway even without a kid that is into that stuff...if they had queen beds.

How far is the walk from Trinidad South to OPR? We're not renting a car, just wondering.We'll be there in 12 days'TIA

Does CBR have firepit and do s'mores?
If so, do we bring our own marshmellow or buy it there or free?
How about s'mores?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I have an reservation to stay at CBR in a king bed room in mid to late may 2017. As we will be on the DDP, i would like to be located close to the main QS location to use our refillable mugs. I have seen that Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are the best options for non-preferred rooms as the are just across the bridge. My question is how far in advance would you all suggest to call the resorts to make this request.

Hi all,

I have an reservation to stay at CBR in a king bed room in mid to late may 2017. As we will be on the DDP, i would like to be located close to the main QS location to use our refillable mugs. I have seen that Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are the best options for non-preferred rooms as the are just across the bridge. My question is how far in advance would you all suggest to call the resorts to make this request.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations. However, if you want to be even closer to OPR and the Main Feature Pool I suggest any of the following:

Any building in Trinidad North
Martinique 24, 25 or 26

Those locations are the absolute closest to the food court.

You can call and add your room requests to your reservation any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

How reliable is wifi at CBR? DH and I will be staying there in early February (requested Jamaica village). My work situation is requiring me to receive e-mails, edit a few Word documents, open and review some PDFs, and send e-mails for a few days during my trip. I am a newspaper editor, and so I'll have to essentially edit and approve articles and proof pages. I will likely be doing my work early mornings or late night on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I would be bringing a laptop supplied by my company.

I'd appreciate any feedback that anyone might have on wifi in the resort. Thank you!

How reliable is wifi at CBR? DH and I will be staying there in early February (requested Jamaica village). My work situation is requiring me to receive e-mails, edit a few Word documents, open and review some PDFs, and send e-mails for a few days during my trip. I am a newspaper editor, and so I'll have to essentially edit and approve articles and proof pages. I will likely be doing my work early mornings or late night on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I would be bringing a laptop supplied by my company.

I'd appreciate any feedback that anyone might have on wifi in the resort. Thank you!
My wife brings her tablet and I have not heard her complain about the wifi.

Looks like a lot of disboarders are going to be at CBR the week of the 11th. We're headed down from NJ that week the 11th to the 16th and can't wait to spend part of the holiday season at one of our favorite Disney resorts!

We didn't experience any issues with wi fi at CBR. We stayed in Jamaica.

We've been at CBR since 11/26.....
We are in Jamaica 44 room 4441... It's a second floor room with a Murphy bed. Great location!!!
We were pixie dusted and allowed to stay in our room for the entire stay. We had a RO for 11/26 and then pakage starting on 11/27. The pakage portion was supposed to be in a pirate room but they were able to let us keep our standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter