Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My Aunt and Uncle checked in Saturday and staying in Jamaica. Yesterday they watched the Epcot bus pull into the back entrance stop at Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados then off to Epcot. When they got to Epcot bus #2 was right behind them. My Aunt asked one of the guests getting off bus #2 and they were picked up at Martinique then stopped at OPR, Trinidad North, Trinidad South then off to Epcot.

This morning the bus for Hollywood Studios did the same. Both mornings were early as they were getting there for rope drop. So they are still running the 2 busses sometimes, mostly during peak morning rush.

They are going to MK tomorrow, so she said she will report back what happens with that one.
Thank you so much @dansdad! And don't forget to ask them (if they have a double room vs a king) if they have a Murphy bed and if so, let me know their room number. I will be there tomorrow night! WHOOP!

Has anyone had water bottles shipped to the resort before? We've done gardengrocer before, but I'm thinking of just ordering from amazon or target.

Has anyone had water bottles shipped to the resort before? We've done gardengrocer before, but I'm thinking of just ordering from amazon or target.

We did from Staples a couple times in the past. But we have found buying a case or 2 from the Gift Shop to be about the same cost and less hassle. They are $6.99 for twenty four 12oz bottles of Dasani.

We did from Staples a couple times in the past. But we have found buying a case or 2 from the Gift Shop to be about the same cost and less hassle. They are $6.99 for twenty four 12oz bottles of Dasani.

Thanks I didn't know they started selling them by the case in the gift shops.

Please reassure me. I am checking in Thursday to a preferred room and the thread about the smoke smelling room and all the comments others made about similar rooms as well as mildew and mold smelling rooms really has me scared. I have to be in first floor because I have a walker and preferred appears sold out for my stay. I have awful allergies which at this moment are rearing their ugly head. Those smells really make me sick. How common is this really? I am so excited to return to this resort after staying in a pirate room when they were new. We loved it then. I want to love it now. I am not so much worried about the outdoor smoking areas as we will move through them quickly. I am worried about getting such a room and them not changing us to a room where we can breathe. Our flight lands at 12:40 and we plan to be at the MK ASAP for Halloween party (we have AP so we can get in as soon as we can get there). We probably won't get into our room at 1am. Not sure what kind of recourse we will have at that time. I just hope I am putting the cart before the horse.

Please reassure me. I am checking in Thursday to a preferred room and the thread about the smoke smelling room and all the comments others made about similar rooms as well as mildew and mold smelling rooms really has me scared. I have to be in first floor because I have a walker and preferred appears sold out for my stay. I have awful allergies which at this moment are rearing their ugly head. Those smells really make me sick. How common is this really? I am so excited to return to this resort after staying in a pirate room when they were new. We loved it then. I want to love it now. I am not so much worried about the outdoor smoking areas as we will move through them quickly. I am worried about getting such a room and them not changing us to a room where we can breathe. Our flight lands at 12:40 and we plan to be at the MK ASAP for Halloween party (we have AP so we can get in as soon as we can get there). We probably won't get into our room at 1am. Not sure what kind of recourse we will have at that time. I just hope I am putting the cart before the horse.
I was not in preferred but in Martinique and there were no mildew smells and I saw very few people smoking the 12 days I was there. They were all on pathways away from the rooms.
I did want to change rooms when I arrived at 930 p.m. And was told it was too late in the day to move anything around. I could change the next day. I ended up deciding to stay in my room in the end.
Hope you don't have any problems!

We were in (Preferred) Martinique (2639) from 9/6 - 9/14. No smoke smell, or mildew smell. Room was very clean. We ordered Water and some other things from Garden Grocer, who is fabulous. We had ordered Sunscreen and for some reason it wouldn't spray. I let them know and they sent another (and bigger too!) the very next day.

We will definitely use them again next year, as well as Disney Florist. They are so great! Surprises I'd ordered for our Kids were delivered to our Room sometime during the day after our Arrival. The Kids were so happy when we got back to the Room that night!

Pretty sure it's added already, but that Room does have a Murphy Bed. Be careful with the Murphy Beds. Our Daughter fell asleep with her Phone and in the morning she couldn't find it. It had slipped under. No big deal as it was easy for the Husband to remove the Drawers to get it. Just something to watch for in case things go missing.

Although we had no smoke smell in the Room, the Guy from the room next to ours was smoking on the Balcony one night.

Now, I smoke (not much), but it's just something I noticed on my way to the designated Smoking Area of the Courtyard. Maybe I should've said something to Concierge about the Guy (or even TO him, since I don't really have much of a filter), but I left it alone.

Hello.

We are just about 2.5 months away from our vacation and are planning the FP+ now.

We wonder how easy/hard to get back to the resort for mid-day break for nap for our DD who is 2.5 yr old.
She sometimes doesn't nap (she doesn't get cranky or anything when she doesn't nap. Nor goes to bed earlier than usual), but I think it will be better for her to nap.

We are wondering whether it is a good idea for her to nap in the stroller (she naps well in the stroller) or come back for her nap.
We know resting at the hotel is more relaxing but also want to save time travelling back and forth to the park as that can be also tiring (waiting for the bus, etc) and my worry is what if she doesn't nap. She needs a lot of time to fall asleep for nap at home and we usually drive around so that she naps.

We are thinking of coming back when we go to MK, HS, and possibly EP.
If coming back to the resort is not the best option, we might go on a train/monorail ride so she can nap. I don't mind carrying her while she naps as long as I can sit somewhere.

Anyone has experience?

We are not really complainers but I'm not going to sugar coat it, it was bad - at least in my room. I grew up in a chain smoking home and still to this day when I visit my parents it's days for the smoke to get out of our clothes after multiple washes. But this room, whatever room it was, thinking 2503 as I documented in other thread was BAD! Like nauseating bad. It wasn't just a cigarette smoke smell either, something much deeper.

With that said, we just loved this resort! It's our last year at a moderate because our kids are just to big to share a room and we wanted to give it another shot. It is so beautiful as I know you remember, the pool, bar and old port royale, - I just love it. I can't imagine us having a similar experience again, it was a once in a life time fluke (I'm sure, I hope) :)

Enjoy your vacation!!! You are in WDW :)

We are not really complainers but I'm not going to sugar coat it, it was bad - at least in my room. I grew up in a chain smoking home and still to this day when I visit my parents it's days for the smoke to get out of our clothes after multiple washes. But this room, whatever room it was, thinking 2503 as I documented in other thread was BAD! Like nauseating bad. It wasn't just a cigarette smoke smell either, something much deeper.

With that said, we just loved this resort! It's our last year at a moderate because our kids are just to big to share a room and we wanted to give it another shot. It is so beautiful as I know you remember, the pool, bar and old port royale, - I just love it. I can't imagine us having a similar experience again, it was a once in a life time fluke (I'm sure, I hope) :)

Enjoy your vacation!!! You are in WDW :)
Elsa, can you share with us, how long ago this has been. I have also read that some of the rooms that have had the odor problem have had some extensive cleaning and replacements of the air conditioning units (I have no concrete evidence that this actually happened, only what I have read). Hopefully the odors are no longer an issue :cloud9:

Elsa, can you share with us, how long ago this has been. I have also read that some of the rooms that have had the odor problem have had some extensive cleaning and replacements of the air conditioning units (I have no concrete evidence that this actually happened, only what I have read). Hopefully the odors are no longer an issue :cloud9:
We stayed there last fall 2015, end of October - early November. They immediately came to fix the odor when we left for the park. We got to our room around 10am and left by 2:00pm. They came after we left and when we returned around 8pm it was just as bad except it smelled like they added a flower scent to try and cover it up.

Today is our check in day!!! WHOOP!!! :jumping1:

We don't land tonight until 9:30 so no parks today but we will be sleeping at CBR tonight and AK tomorrow!
I haven't stayed at CBR since 1990 and we are soooo excited to experience it again!
Girls trip taking my sweet mama (82 yr young) for first ever trip to Disney! I can't wait to see her precious face light up!!! :goodvibes

We stayed there last fall 2015, end of October - early November. They immediately came to fix the odor when we left for the park. We got to our room around 10am and left by 2:00pm. They came after we left and when we returned around 8pm it was just as bad except it smelled like they added a flower scent to try and cover it up.
YUCK! nothing like eau de floral mildew :faint:

Hello.

We are just about 2.5 months away from our vacation and are planning the FP+ now.

We wonder how easy/hard to get back to the resort for mid-day break for nap for our DD who is 2.5 yr old.
She sometimes doesn't nap (she doesn't get cranky or anything when she doesn't nap. Nor goes to bed earlier than usual), but I think it will be better for her to nap.

We are wondering whether it is a good idea for her to nap in the stroller (she naps well in the stroller) or come back for her nap.
We know resting at the hotel is more relaxing but also want to save time travelling back and forth to the park as that can be also tiring (waiting for the bus, etc) and my worry is what if she doesn't nap. She needs a lot of time to fall asleep for nap at home and we usually drive around so that she naps.

We are thinking of coming back when we go to MK, HS, and possibly EP.
If coming back to the resort is not the best option, we might go on a train/monorail ride so she can nap. I don't mind carrying her while she naps as long as I can sit somewhere.

Anyone has experience?

We have never done mid-day breaks, for the reason you mentioned.....the travel time for us just wasn't worth it. We always had a stroller and my kids had no trouble falling asleep in it. They would take a solid 1-2 hour nap in the stroller. During that time we would get a snack, watch a show, or even take turns going on rides when we had older kids with us. It always worked well for us, but of course every kid is different. If you do take a break, figure at least 3-4 hours with travel time to make it worthwhile.

We have never done mid-day breaks, for the reason you mentioned.....the travel time for us just wasn't worth it. We always had a stroller and my kids had no trouble falling asleep in it. They would take a solid 1-2 hour nap in the stroller. During that time we would get a snack, watch a show, or even take turns going on rides when we had older kids with us. It always worked well for us, but of course every kid is different. If you do take a break, figure at least 3-4 hours with travel time to make it worthwhile.
When we took DD to DL at 4 years old, she also freaked out about heading back to the park after a rest. So we had to just go as long as we could, then have early bedtimes.

Since she is older now, that's not a problem (much more reasonable!) but if your kid would stroller nap, that would be how I would go.

Thank you so much for your help! :D

When we took DD to DL at 4 years old, she also freaked out about heading back to the park after a rest. So we had to just go as long as we could, then have early bedtimes.

Since she is older now, that's not a problem (much more reasonable!) but if your kid would stroller nap, that would be how I would go.

Why did she freak out?

Yes, my DD sleeps in the stroller no problem. Or we can bring a carrier and have her carried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter