Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I had to google what that was, but they just have regular milk and Silk Soy milk at WDW.
So psyched to hear they have Silk for purchase! We've had pretty good luck with getting it during our visits to WDW, but not every time.

Oh my gosh you guys! I just booked our FIRST Disney vacation for September-staying at CBR! i'm soooo excited! My husband and I are both 34 years old and have each been once in our life, in the 80's. We both discovered this week from our parents that we had stayed in CBR way back then. It was where I was planning to book our first trip to take our children, and so now it seems like destiny, lol! Our boys are 4,6 and 8, and this is something I didn't think we would ever get to do with them so I feel like I'm dreaming! So excited!

How exciting! Congratulations! You guys are going to love CBR.

When I made our reservations I didn't see anywhere to request a room or building, so I guess I'll call and add that.

You can only add room requests online during Online Check In which opens up at 60 days out. Having said that, I always recommend calling your requests in. The options during Online Check In are predetermined and limited. They don't offer what we like to request.

Any point in calling this soon?

You can call and add your room requests any time from the day you book up until 5-6 days out. I always book via phone so I have the CM add our requests right then. It makes no difference when you add them.

What would you request if you were me? (Standard room)

We always book Standard. Our 2 favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 with Jamaica 45 being on top. Both are a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. And it is a beautiful walk in the mornings as the sun rises over OPR. We prefer Jamaica as the bright yellow exteriors of the the Jamaica buildings just screams Caribbean. We also prefer the upper (2nd) floor. We have a strapping teenage boy with us now so going up the stairs is a breeze without all the stuff younger ones need. We also like the view we get when we step out our door when we're up a little higher. So the requests we make are "Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51" and "Upper Floor".

No need to read this entire thread, but it IS a good read, but make sure you read the 1st two pages a couple times. That is where 95% of the information you will need for an awesome stay at CBR is located.

How exciting! Congratulations! You guys are going to love CBR.

You can only add room requests online during Online Check In which opens up at 60 days out. Having said that, I always recommend calling your requests in. The options during Online Check In are predetermined and limited. They don't offer what we like to request.

You can call and add your room requests any time from the day you book up until 5-6 days out. I always book via phone so I have the CM add our requests right then. It makes no difference when you add them.

We always book Standard. Our 2 favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 with Jamaica 45 being on top. Both are a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. And it is a beautiful walk in the mornings as the sun rises over OPR. We prefer Jamaica as the bright yellow exteriors of the the Jamaica buildings just screams Caribbean. We also prefer the upper (2nd) floor. We have a strapping teenage boy with us now so going up the stairs is a breeze without all the stuff younger ones need. We also like the view we get when we step out our door when we're up a little higher. So the requests we make are "Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51" and "Upper Floor".

No need to read this entire thread, but it IS a good read, but make sure you read the 1st two pages a couple times. That is where 95% of the information you will need for an awesome stay at CBR is located.

Thank you so so much for the info! Would you believe that I did read the whole thread, and was still confused by the time I got to the end :scared:

Oh my gosh you guys! I just booked our FIRST Disney vacation for September-staying at CBR! i'm soooo excited! My husband and I are both 34 years old and have each been once in our life, in the 80's. We both discovered this week from our parents that we had stayed in CBR way back then. It was where I was planning to book our first trip to take our children, and so now it seems like destiny, lol! Our boys are 4,6 and 8, and this is something I didn't think we would ever get to do with them so I feel like I'm dreaming! So excited!

When I made our reservations I didn't see anywhere to request a room or building, so I guess I'll call and add that. Any point in calling this soon? What would you request if you were me? (Standard room)

I am learning so much from reading-but it is a lot to take in-thanks for all the great insights!

We will be there with our three boys in September too :) Ours will be 5, 7 and 9 when we're there, so very similar in age :) We'll be there from Sept 13-24 and I haven't even thought about requesting a room yet! LOL This is my boys' (and husband's) first trip to WDW, although they've all been to DL and the older boys have been to Tokyo DL. Have you thought about dining yet? I've got all my plans, but I'm afraid that if they don't offer and we don't get free dining we'll be cancelling nearly all of them. We like character meals so we'll be (hopefully) doing quite a few of them.

I was reading on Some sites that this resort went thou a refurbishments and some rooms were redone was wondering are the rooms with King beds get redone as well one site says all rooms except King rooms were done just wondering

I was reading on Some sites that this resort went thou a refurbishments and some rooms were redone was wondering are the rooms with King beds get redone as well one site says all rooms except King rooms were done just wondering

All of the rooms at CBR were refurbished.

I'm sure that they were referring to Barbados. Barbados is usually the village that the cheer and baseball teams are assigned to.

Hmmm... I guess we never stayed there when cheer-screamers or other teams were there because we've always liked it and requested it mainly because it's close enough to walk from the Customs House and not have to do the interior shuttle. Are there usually teams and such during mid-late August? I may call and change that request...

Any love here for Barbados? We are considering room requests for our trip ( late July/early Aug). I see much on Martinique, Jamacia and Aruba but Barbados seems convenient to OPR too. Thoughts?

Any love here for Barbados? We are considering room requests for our trip ( late July/early Aug). I see much on Martinique, Jamacia and Aruba but Barbados seems convenient to OPR too. Thoughts?

Barbados is typically my favorite section because as I mentioned above you can actually walk there from the Customs House rather than taking the internal shuttle (moot point if you have a car I suppose). But I've also noticed the lack of love for it too.

It's always my requested section - I already have it requested for my upcoming trip. Ironically the last time I was there (for Goofy Challenge 2015) I requested Barbados. Arrived around 10:30pm (especially why I had the Barbados request on - did NOT want to deal with the internal shuttle at that time of night) and discovered that I'd been placed in Jamaica 45. Yep...I requested what based on these boards is probably the LEAST requested area but got placed in what is probably the MOST requested building. Who knows what goes through the room assigners' heads.

Hmmm... I guess we never stayed there when cheer-screamers or other teams were there because we've always liked it and requested it mainly because it's close enough to walk from the Customs House and not have to do the interior shuttle. Are there usually teams and such during mid-late August? I may call and change that request...

They were just there this past week during the cheer competitions going on at Wide World of Sports. Then the baseball teams come in during playoffs.

We have stayed in Barbados and we liked the location (but we have liked everywhere we have stayed within the resort). The village is very convenient to The Custom House and our walk to Old Port Royale was about 7 minutes.

Barbados is the furthest village from OPR (apart from the Pirate Rooms), although as others have said it's only a 7-10 minute walk

They were just there this past week during the cheer competitions going on at Wide World of Sports. Then the baseball teams come in during playoffs.

For those of us who don't do team sports, "during the playoffs" is when?

It has never taken us an hour to get anywhere on Disney property from Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, not even with all of the construction going on near Disney Springs. However, when we took the bus from Disney Springs to Disney's Boardwalk, it was horrible! It took us almost two hours.

Hollywood Studios took 11 minutes from the time we sat down on the bus, made the loop around the resort and pulled into the Park. Epcot was ten minutes. Magic Kingdom was between 20 and 25 minutes and Animal Kingdom was about 15 minutes. Of course, it all depends on whether or not the drivers have to help load a wheelchair or ECV but that would be from any resort.

We stayed over a two week period and the rides did vary depending on traffic.
great details about travel times - always think the guides over-estimate travel time :)

great details about travel times - always think the guides over-estimate travel time :)

I do allow an hour to get to anywhere on Disney property but that's just because I don't want to rush, rush, rush. The buses are supposed to run every 20 minutes so I allow the whole 20 minutes, then travel time and walking from the bus stop to my destination. But the ride times that I posted were what we have experienced during our multiple stays at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter