• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I posted a separate thread but I was advised to ask here. I'm trying to decide whether or not to order from Garden Grocer or buy from the CBR shop as needed. I'm not from the U.S., so the Garden Grocer prices seem dear but maybe they're the norm. I've just narrowed it down to wanting to buy bagels, cream cheese, cereals and milk.

Thankyou for your help!

ETA: The question!
What I forgot to ask was - can anyone tell me what they cost in the CBR shop, please? It would be great if someone knew. Thankyou!

Last edited:
Could easily be supply and demand. Quite possibly enough preferred rooms are booked they upped the price.

It's not like the cruise line. When the rates are released for the year they do not change. The only thing that changes are the discounts that are offered.

I posted a separate thread but I was advised to ask here. I'm trying to decide whether or not to order from Garden Grocer or buy from the CBR shop as needed. I'm not from the U.S., so the Garden Grocer prices seem dear but maybe they're the norm. I've just narrowed it down to wanting to buy bagels, cream cheese, cereals and milk.

Thankyou for your help!

ETA: The question!
What I forgot to ask was - can anyone tell me what they cost in the CBR shop, please? It would be great if someone knew. Thankyou!

HI!
I'm from Canada and always order from Garden Grocer ahead of time. It's such an easy service and it's a lot nicer than having to do grocery shopping (however minimal in the shop it is.) When you arrive at CBR and check in, either the groceries are put away for you in your room already awaiting you, or they're at Bell Services and they'll deliver them to you in your room. I honestly don't find the cost of Garden Grocer any more expensive than the CBR Shop.

While I don't remember all the prices, I can tell you that one little single serving of cereal was $2.99 when I was there last week. I was really happy I had ordered several single servings from Garden Grocer and didn't need to get any from the shop on site. And.... I ordered bananas and some sliced apples from Garden Grocer and in the shop I think they cost $1.99 EACH. Insanity!!

It's not like the cruise line. When the rates are released for the year they do not change. The only thing that changes are the discounts that are offered.

It's not just cruiselines that change the rates. Maybe Disney resorts don't, but there are many, MANY hotels that start with one price and as supply goes down they raise the rates.

It's not just cruiselines that change the rates. Maybe Disney resorts don't, but there are many, MANY hotels that start with one price and as supply goes down they raise the rates.

HI!
I'm from Canada and always order from Garden Grocer ahead of time. It's such an easy service and it's a lot nicer than having to do grocery shopping (however minimal in the shop it is.) When you arrive at CBR and check in, either the groceries are put away for you in your room already awaiting you, or they're at Bell Services and they'll deliver them to you in your room. I honestly don't find the cost of Garden Grocer any more expensive than the CBR Shop.

While I don't remember all the prices, I can tell you that one little single serving of cereal was $2.99 when I was there last week. I was really happy I had ordered several single servings from Garden Grocer and didn't need to get any from the shop on site. And.... I ordered bananas and some sliced apples from Garden Grocer and in the shop I think they cost $1.99 EACH. Insanity!!

Thankyou, that's just the sort of info I've been looking for :-)

Does anyone know if they do anything at the resort for Halloween, like trick or treat? We are planning on going over Halloween, and do not intend on doing a party ( been there done that- not a fan).

Does anyone know if they do anything at the resort for Halloween, like trick or treat? We are planning on going over Halloween, and do not intend on doing a party ( been there done that- not a fan).
I just pulled this from kenny the pirates site. This was the activities list for halloween last year.

Attachments

• Halloween-2015-Caribbean-Beach-Resort.jpg
    Halloween-2015-Caribbean-Beach-Resort.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 22

This kind of scares me, that's so different than what someone responded to me a few days ago. They said the prices were roughly 20% higher than a grocery store. But I can get 4 pounds of bananas for $2 at home! Now I'm a lot more confused. I'd definitely make more of an effort to bring things from home if I knew the prices were as bad as that.

Anyone else remember any prices? Milk, cereal, fruit....?

You could order some things from Amazon pantry if you have prime. We were very happy with this. We got bottled water, individual bags of chips, pop tarts, etc.

Room requests - we are traveling with my mom and her boyfriend, 1 room for them and 1 room for us. We don't need connecting rooms or anything but we would like to be in the same building. Do we need to request this? If our reservations are linked would this already be done meaning would they put us close together bc our reservations are linked?

Room requests - we are traveling with my mom and her boyfriend, 1 room for them and 1 room for us. We don't need connecting rooms or anything but we would like to be in the same building. Do we need to request this?

Yes.

If our reservations are linked would this already be done meaning would they put us close together bc our reservations are linked?

It depends on how they are linked. Are they just linked in MDE? Or did you have a phone CM link them as "traveling with" in the reservations system? The latter is what needs to be done. Once that happens, make a request on both reservations to be in the same building.

Just booked a July 28-August 4 trip! Back to CBR for our third time. Hoping for a discount but overall happy with standard room rate of 198. Traveling with another family, and called to have a traveling with reservation. Yay! What building should I request? I have stayed in Jamaica and Martinique. I thought both were a bit of walking to the pool and food court, but am guessing that they were not bad considering the size of the resort. Really looking forward to this trip! Hi to everyone on the thread:yay::cloud9:

You could order some things from Amazon pantry if you have prime. We were very happy with this. We got bottled water, individual bags of chips, pop tarts, etc.

How far in advance to order from Amazon Pantry. I'm looking at doing that too as it's much cheaper than Garden Grocery and I don't remember exact prices of onsite items, but know I cringed when I saw them last year. I figure I'll either order from Amazon or bring in my suite case what I can and only buy milk on site.
Thanks for input.

How far in advance to order from Amazon Pantry. I'm looking at doing that too as it's much cheaper than Garden Grocery and I don't remember exact prices of onsite items, but know I cringed when I saw them last year. I figure I'll either order from Amazon or bring in my suite case what I can and only buy milk on site.
Thanks for input.

I ordered 10 days out and it got there on Wednesday before I arrived on Saturday. I think I read they will hold for 2 weeks.

When we come to visit, we will be going to the parks most days, but for two days in the middle of fourteen , we are going to visit universal and international drive. When we first visited Orlando, eleven years ago, you could get a bus from idrive, to seaworld, then on to Disney transport hub at the monorail station. Is this still the case ? We were thinking of getting the Disney bus from cbr to the transport hub, then the local bus to sea world , then on to universal. Is this the best/ cheapest way to do it ? There's 4 of us. My wife and I, our 11 year old and our 8 year old. Is it simpler just to get a cab from cbr. ? Thanks for the help

Wanted to just pop in and say hi to the regulars in here..Mickeystoontown, Dandsdad, Kevin and to all Ive missed..alas we will not be at our beloved CBR this year sniff sniff...first time in the last 8 years!! We have decided to try California this year for a change aka Disneyland. I will miss planning with you guys and no doubt miss my beloved CBR. To all who are going first time Im so jealous...you will have a blast so the regulars that are going back...have a wonderful time. Hugs. Pktbmouse.

When we come to visit, we will be going to the parks most days, but for two days in the middle of fourteen , we are going to visit universal and international drive. When we first visited Orlando, eleven years ago, you could get a bus from idrive, to seaworld, then on to Disney transport hub at the monorail station. Is this still the case ? We were thinking of getting the Disney bus from cbr to the transport hub, then the local bus to sea world , then on to universal. Is this the best/ cheapest way to do it ? There's 4 of us. My wife and I, our 11 year old and our 8 year old. Is it simpler just to get a cab from cbr. ? Thanks for the help

That sounds like a huge pain and a lot of time. We used uber a few weeks ago and it was great. I wasn't the one paying, so I'm not totally sure, but I think it was about $20 from Saratoga Springs to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter