Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I

It always surprises me to hear people say that one resort has worse bus service than another. We've stayed at almost all Disney hotels and every single hotel has had good and terrible bus service. The worst we ever had was at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but, we also had great service there. I don't think it's resort specific. The only thing that makes the moderate resorts different is that there are multiple stops. We usually drive now, but we still take the bus to MK. POR and CBR have always been practically identical in good/bad service. I've giggled when I've read peoples' bus experiences on this thread. Guests who were there at the same time can experience great and terrible service. I think it's luck of the draw. :bored:
We do the same, drive except to MK. When we started staying moderate it seems with the multiple stops, I lost my patience for the buses, oh and almost getting puked on by someone else's kid. I don't think buses make or break a resort at all.

I'm here now and can agree that bus service is highly variable. Often we have had luck with buses, but there have been truly horrific situations with the monorail being broken and it taking 2 hrs to get from our resort to the Poly (or back). Last night we missed the only Wishes we had planned (because of so many party nights) because the monorail was down AGAIN. I understand that these things happen, but when they happen repeatedly, and the back-up transportation plan involves waiting for 5 boats, or packing you into a bus that's makes several other stops before going to MK, I think that is just too much.
Always leaving the parks we have to stand, and often on the way to the parks as well. I've been to Disney, staying onsite, many, many times, and I usually inwardly groan, but maybe I'm older now or my tolerance is lower, but I just don't think this is acceptable and I am really done with it.
I will never come to Disney without a car again, and if I have a car, I might as well stay offsite and get much more value for my money. I haven't found the extra magic hours that great lately anyway.
All that being said, aside from transportation, CBR has been lovely. Very clean, very comfy beds, great mousekeeping, gorgeous grounds. Still my fav moderate.
I will write a complete review when I return with tips etc...

Okay, after reading some of these reviews, I'm getting really nervous about our first stay at CBR next month!! :scared1:

Okay, after reading some of these reviews, I'm getting really nervous about our first stay at CBR next month!! :scared1:
No need to. You have to understand though that MK in December is crowded. I have over 70 days at CBR...only had one bad experience with a bus...Christmas Day...You'll be fine.

Thanks :-) We will have a rental car so that's not going to be a problem. We've gone at Christmas before, so we know what to expect crowd-wise but I was just concerned about the resort complaints that I'm hearing on a few different boards lately. I'll just be going in with the attitude that we're lucky to be there at Christmas, and it's just a place to sleep.

Thanks :-) We will have a rental car so that's not going to be a problem. We've gone at Christmas before, so we know what to expect crowd-wise but I was just concerned about the resort complaints that I'm hearing on a few different boards lately. I'll just be going in with the attitude that we're lucky to be there at Christmas, and it's just a place to sleep.

My husband and I will be at WDW over NYE staying at a different resort. I think that right now bus service has been bad and the parks crowded because of Free dining and the requirement to buy PH. My husband and I are going with an entirely different attitude being that it is such a busy time.

Checked in today. Got room text on the road and they put us in Trinidad south. I booked standard, and do NOT Consider that an upgrade. If I wanted double beds I would have saved money and booked value. After much craziness was able to get moved over the phone before we even arrived got a new text. In Martinique now. We tried out the buses to DS even though we have our car. We only waited about 10 minutes for an empty bus, but then the bus just got nuts with every stop. By the 5th stop, loading scooters, crying baby, and some family letting their kids swing from the ropes you hold on to ( yup standing on the seats swinging), we got off and walked back to our car. We figured at least we got a good walking tour of the resort. It's beautiful, and not really much bigger than other mods from what I saw. We ate at OPR and thought it had great selection and the kids had a blast doing the limbo and dance party while we ate. So far we love it, but decided we can't do buses here. Mostly because I can't handle being packed like sardines while we stop at 7 stops, then travel time. It was literally 2-5 minutes at each stop depending on if there was a scooter. We started figuring that that was 14-35 minutes just to get out of the resort plus travel time. That is a range of 25- 60 or more, and with the group on the bus tonight, no way. Still like the resort a lot so far, just going to drive our can to parks. Did get to try out the new bridge.

Don't be concerned! We're here now and I have zero complaints. It took awhile to get on a bus at MK one night, but that would have been even worse if we would have driven. It's our first stay here and we're happy! We definitely drove to Hollywood Studios and Downtown with no issues. Had luck with the monorail, but we didn't have plans to take it on the days it had issues.

As for bus issues, it happens everywhere. A few people have had issues, but we've been here 7 days and haven't waited long for busses and have only been packed on the way to the parks once. We're in Jamaica and usually are first on and off. (Well, except one time we weren't picked up first and had a family walk up 5 minutes after us, basically push my son out of the way to get on a bus and take the last seat...when I was holding a sleeping kid haha).

Last edited:
Don't be concerned! We're here now and I have zero complaints. It took awhile to get on a bus at MK one night, but that would have been even worse if we would have driven. It's our first stay here and we're happy! We definitely drove to Hollywood Studios and Downtown with no issues. Had luck with the monorail, but we didn't have plans to take it on the days it had issues.

As for bus issues, it happens everywhere. A few people have had issues, but we've been here 7 days and haven't waited long for busses and have only been packed on the way to the parks once. We're in Jamaica and usually are first on and off. (Well, except one time we weren't picked up first and had a family walk up 5 minutes after us, basically push my son out of the way to get on a bus and take the last seat...when I was holding a sleeping kid haha).[/QUOT

Yikes! Some people are just so rude :(

24 days until checkin! Magic bands came today -yeah! 10 months of planning and all of a sudden it's almost here. I have to say as I read the comments, I'm glad we rented a car and booked a king room. Though I rented the car because I know my husband and relying on the busses would have been a very bad plan for us personally. I've requested Jamaica through our initial reservation and put down 2nd floor, waterview on our online requests. Even with some of the problems people have shared, I'm optimistic that we'll have an amazing trip! Planning and anticipating this trio has kept me sane these last few months as my job has been a bit stressful. Whenever it got to much, dis boards, YouTube, and other disney sites were my happy place!

All the info on this thread has been incredibly helpful- thanks so much!

Please note, my only major complaint is the transportation. This is not a CBR issue. It would be like that at any resort and indeed, I shared my worst transportation experiences trapped with people staying at the Contempo, Poly and GF.
Please don't be worried about CBR, as we enjoy this resort. I am sure that you will as well.

Please note, my only major complaint is the transportation. This is not a CBR issue. It would be like that at any resort and indeed, I shared my worst transportation experiences trapped with people staying at the Contempo, Poly and GF.
Please don't be worried about CBR, as we enjoy this resort. I am sure that you will as well.

I stayed at CBR in the early 90s so am very excited to see it now. In between, we've stayed mainly at CSR. This is my first trip with magi bands and fp+ but I had no problem getting what I wanted and our ADRS also worked out. My worry now is for no snow in Chicago.

I am sure that transportation was a problem at any resort due to it being so busy. We were running late for a Sci Fi ADR one night and we got lucky to get one of the last parking spots at HS. I was glad we had split up and the boys were already waiting. My biggest complaint about the busing is that with the amount of people relying on the buses They need to work out a better system. Temporary ques in the morning, if a bus fills at one stop next time send the bus to the next stop.

I stayed at CBR in the early 90s so am very excited to see it now. In between, we've stayed mainly at CSR. This is my first trip with magi bands and fp+ but I had no problem getting what I wanted and our ADRS also worked out. My worry now is for no snow in Chicago.

We also last stayed at CBR in the early 90s. Then we stayed in a preferred location.

I've requested Jamaica through our initial reservation and put down 2nd floor, waterview on our online requests. Even with some of the problems people have shared, I'm optimistic that we'll have an amazing trip! Planning and anticipating this trio has kept me sane these last few months as my job has been a bit stressful. Whenever it got to much, dis boards, YouTube, and other disney sites were my happy place!

If you do not get your request and feel that it would negatively affect your trip try talking to the manager. It might take a few days but they do try to move you. I did not like my location however it was all the other things that led me to complain. I must admit that I would not have taken a Pirate room due to the age and size of my boys. My 13 year old is a bed hog.

I'm kind of a roll with the punches person so as long as our room is clean with a king bed, I'll be ok! Is it weird to want Jamaica because I think the color of the buildings is the prettiest? . And the bridge would be nice as well!

Ok here's a weird question and I wasn't sure where to post this? My friend and her daughter are planning a trip but they haven't decided on which resort yet. I love CBR so I'm trying to sway them. Anyway, her daughter loves the pool and her favorite thing is her mermaid tail. Are those allowed in the pools? It isn't the battery powered one. It's a tail her mom made of our spandex that she puts on over her legs and the flipper tail on the end is a piece of foam board inside the fabric or something like that. I've only seen her with it in pictures. Anyway she asked me - I told her I wouldn't think it would but I would ask! Any idea? I would think no....the lifeguards would have a fit!

I'm kind of a roll with the punches person so as long as our room is clean with a king bed, I'll be ok! Is it weird to want Jamaica because I think the color of the buildings is the prettiest? . And the bridge would be nice as well!

Nope. Lots of us here prefer Jamaica because the walk across the island to OPR is so beautiful. Really missed it on our trip last week.

Ok here's a weird question and I wasn't sure where to post this? My friend and her daughter are planning a trip but they haven't decided on which resort yet. I love CBR so I'm trying to sway them. Anyway, her daughter loves the pool and her favorite thing is her mermaid tail. Are those allowed in the pools? It isn't the battery powered one. It's a tail her mom made of our spandex that she puts on over her legs and the flipper tail on the end is a piece of foam board inside the fabric or something like that. I've only seen her with it in pictures. Anyway she asked me - I told her I wouldn't think it would but I would ask! Any idea? I would think no....the lifeguards would have a fit!

Hum, I'm thinking that she could probably wear it in the quiet pools since they don't have lifeguards but I'm not so sure if the lifeguards at the main pool would.

Just wanted to give a quick review of my first stay at CBR. The trip was Nov. 15- Nov. 19. It was just my mom and I. We got to the hotel a little before noon. I had not received a text with a room number but as soon as we checked in the room was ready. I actually received an email at about the same time we checked in. We had requested Martinique and upper floor and got both of our requests. The room was in the corner of the building and it was only a few minute walk to OPR. We walked around the whole resort and I didn't find the resort to be as big as many people make it out to be. We've stayed at Saratoga many times and that hotel felt much bigger!

Busses: We thought busses were great. We never waited too long for a bus except at Disney Springs but I always have the worst luck of busses at Disney Springs. The busses came pretty regularly and after the second MSEP time Caribbean actually had one of those double busses pick people up cause there were so many people waiting. The busses were pretty much full every time we rode them but we were always riding at peak times.

Room: The room was always clean and we were kept stocked with shampoo and conditioner. The only downfall to the room was that the maids room was either right behind our room or quite close so early in the morning we would hear the door slam multiple times or carts run into the door. We only heard it the morning of the 16th when we were waking up and on the 19th when were sleeping in. I think had we slept in the other days we would have heard it more. When we got up on the 19th and left the room the maids were shouting back and forth to each other outside the room which likely would have been annoying had we been trying to sleep. However, since we always woke up early to get to the parks before they opened it didn't really effect us much. We loved that the bathroom was split with the shower and toilet in one room and the double sinks in the other room.

Food: We only ate at the quick service and it was fine but nothing special. There were lots of choices which were nice but the food was always lukewarm. We only ate there once for dinner and had the pasta and once for breakfast.

Overall impression: We thought the resort was great and the grounds were beautiful. We loved the island with the park in it and the different spots to sit. We thought the island was like a hidden gem because it was always quiet over there. The resort itself never felt crowded.

My family and I have mainly stayed at deluxe resorts because we were part of DVC (we have since sold DVC because it wasn't worth it, in our opinion). The last WDW hotel I stayed at was Grand Floridian so I was worried how I would like a moderate (and am worried in two months how I will like a value) but we really liked CBR. We weren't in our room much so we didn't miss the additional space we usually have and I didn't feel like I was lacking any amenities at CBR. We really enjoyed our time at CBR and wish we would have had a bit longer of a trip so we could have enjoyed the resort even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter