Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

:yay:Mexi,

It made my mouth water seeing the pic you posted of the Cinnamon Bun from the BWB!!

I literally ate one almost every day of our 10 day trip in May! (Even rushing my husband down there one night at 10:45 because I made the mistake of thinking I DIDN'T want one! What was I thinking? )

Thrilled that we will be closing on our BWV contract next week and call it home!

Arriving at Poly in a couple of days:hyper:. We usually prefer walking back from DHS through Epcot which makes for a great photo op, so stay tuned;)

Kook are you staying in Poly Villas? We just booked a studio for our March trip and would love to hear your impressions.

No, we're not, DD16 needs her own "real" bed, but a Bungalow would work nicely;)
Enjoy your trip! Will be waiting for the pics. :) are you going to post the Poly pics on that board or are you doing a full trip report? Have fun!:beach:

If there were garden cottages to be booked, would they be listed on Dis website with the other CL rooms?

:yay:Mexi,

It made my mouth water seeing the pic you posted of the Cinnamon Bun from the BWB!!

I literally ate one almost every day of our 10 day trip in May! (Even rushing my husband down there one night at 10:45 because I made the mistake of thinking I DIDN'T want one! What was I thinking? )

Thrilled that we will be closing on our BWV contract next week and call it home!
Congrats on your purchase. That's so exciting!

I wish I could go to the BWB every morning. It's a great way to start the day.:cloud9:

New here and hoping to get a trip to Boardwalk for the first time later this year. I've been to Disney many times but haven't stayed at the actual Boardwalk yet. I figured that you all here would be able to answer my question. When I get my reservation I am hoping to get an early morning dining reservation at the Garden Grill in Epcot for breakfast. If I get a reservation for there before Epcot opens can I get in through the International gateway before the actual opening of the park (provided my dining reservation is before park opening) How does this work. I've heard of others getting reservations before park opening. Wondered how it all works but never done this. Like I said, asking here cause I am planning on staying at BWI while I do this.

New here and hoping to get a trip to Boardwalk for the first time later this year. I've been to Disney many times but haven't stayed at the actual Boardwalk yet. I figured that you all here would be able to answer my question. When I get my reservation I am hoping to get an early morning dining reservation at the Garden Grill in Epcot for breakfast. If I get a reservation for there before Epcot opens can I get in through the International gateway before the actual opening of the park (provided my dining reservation is before park opening) How does this work. I've heard of others getting reservations before park opening. Wondered how it all works but never done this. Like I said, asking here cause I am planning on staying at BWI while I do this.

If you have a pre-park opening reservation, you are able to enter through the IG. You need to speak with the security people at the gateway and they will allow you in early provided it is a pre-park opening reservation--usually they will allow you to enter 15-20 mins. before your scheduled reservation.

As Tess mentioned, yes, they will let you in. Similar to the front of the park, there is an entrance for you. Disney recommends you have your ADR confirmation # on you. The IG entrance is not as spread out as the main entrance, so depending on the time of the ADR (7:45 AM) you may have a single file line waiting to enter the park at 8. Once inside, CMs will have a rope lined path for you to walk through, as WS usually doesn't open until later than FW. It is really fun to walk through when hardly anyone else is in the park.

Thanks so much for the help. I am hoping it works out cause I think it would be so cool even just to grab a picture or two without so much crowd. Even if it's not the whole of ws and just a path leading directly past UK and Canada it would be cool. And also to be able to stay at the Boardwalk which I've visited many times but haven't actually stayed. I was worried I would have to find a way to go to the actual front entrance of Epcot instead of IG cause it would be gated off or something.

Hi Boardwalk fans! I just changed our reservation for Labor Day to the Boardwalk. We are super excited to try an Epcot deluxe, as we have typically stayed at the Poly.
I've tried to read as much as I can this morning in this thread for info!

I need to do our online check in and room preferences. We will have a standard room.
From what I have read, there isn't a point in selecting Boardwalk view, for a standard room, is this correct?
My choices are pretty much high or low floors and near the lobby/elevator or far away from them?

Thank you so much!

Hi Boardwalk fans! I just changed our reservation for Labor Day to the Boardwalk. We are super excited to try an Epcot deluxe, as we have typically stayed at the Poly.
I've tried to read as much as I can this morning in this thread for info!

I need to do our online check in and room preferences. We will have a standard room.
From what I have read, there isn't a point in selecting Boardwalk view, for a standard room, is this correct?
My choices are pretty much high or low floors and near the lobby/elevator or far away from them?

Thank you so much!

Well, when you do online check in, even if you have booked a standard view, the option to select Boardwalk view does come up. I checked the box once just to see what would happen. I got a room with a fair view of the villa half of the boardwalk, but it was a room without a balcony. So be aware that you could end up with that type of room (there aren't many, but I'm sure most people try to avoid them).

Well, when you do online check in, even if you have booked a standard view, the option to select Boardwalk view does come up. I checked the box once just to see what would happen. I got a room with a fair view of the villa half of the boardwalk, but it was a room without a balcony. So be aware that you could end up with that type of room (there aren't many, but I'm sure most people try to avoid them).
Thanks for the reply!
I wonder if I should call in and ask for a boardwalk view and a balcony? Haha.
Or an Epcot view and a balcony... If that's even possible.

Thanks for the reply!
I wonder if I should call in and ask for a boardwalk view and a balcony? Haha.
Or an Epcot view and a balcony... If that's even possible.

For Standard on the Inn side, yes, you could get a view of the courtyard where you can see Epcot (and the top of Illuminations) above the other buildings! Good luck! :)

My 20 year old DD and I just returned yesterday from a 6 night stay at BWI. We were surprised with some heavy pixie dust when we arrived. We disembarked from the DME bus and were met by a CM who told us we'd been upgraded to the Club level. I was shocked and made sure that he had the correct spelling of my name and that it really was us they intended to upgrade. DD just laughed at me. We were in room 4204 and, while it was a hike to the room, it was well worth the extra steps (incidentally, I killed my Fitbit on this trip!). It was a truly magical stay and we had a fabulous time.

We've been going to WDW about twice a year for the last 15 years and have never been upgraded (not complaining because I think it's best to reserve what you want and to keep your expectations low). This was truly unexpected and we are so grateful.

My 20 year old DD and I just returned yesterday from a 6 night stay at BWI. We were surprised with some heavy pixie dust when we arrived. We disembarked from the DME bus and were met by a CM who told us we'd been upgraded to the Club level. I was shocked and made sure that he had the correct spelling of my name and that it really was us they intended to upgrade. DD just laughed at me. We were in room 4204 and, while it was a hike to the room, it was well worth the extra steps (incidentally, I killed my Fitbit on this trip!). It was a truly magical stay and we had a fabulous time.

We've been going to WDW about twice a year for the last 15 years and have never been upgraded (not complaining because I think it's best to reserve what you want and to keep your expectations low). This was truly unexpected and we are so grateful.
That's so awesome! :)

Sounds fantastic! We've never been ungraded in 15 visits, we just consider it pixie dust when we get the best (requested) rooms in the category we've booked, like our recent BLT stay, when we got the perfect Lake View room.

It's easy to get spoiled with Club level, isn't it?

Sounds fantastic! We've never been ungraded in 15 visits, we just consider it pixie dust when we get the best (requested) rooms in the category we've booked, like our recent BLT stay, when we got the perfect Lake View room.

It's easy to get spoiled with Club level, isn't it?

More true words were never spoke!

Ok, finally, after toying with the idea for ages, we booked a night at BWI. We are staying the night of 10/15.
We adjusted our arrival for our F&W trip. Instead of arriving late in the evening and staying at CSR we are arriving in the morning and staying at BWI. We switch over to BC for the rest of the trip (neither resort had rooms for the entire trip).
We got a water view room. Trying to do my online check in and not sure quite what to request. Any suggestions for us.
It's just DH and I. We'll be there just the one night and going to Epcot for F&W that day. We'll likely plan a break, depends on what time we get in.
Is there a difference in waterview and boardwalk view? Do all water view rooms have a view of the boardwalk too? We'd love a King bed but in looking at the Touring Plans room locator it doesn't appear they have many water view King beds. Is that accurate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter