Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Here's our plan....Let me know if you think I am cutting it too close or squashing too much in...
At about 5:45 (after 5:00 CP show), leave Epcot by walking through International Gateway and go to BW. Enjoy shopping time at BW (we'll have our kids and we're not big drinkers...DH diabetic...so we'll pass on what many others might find fun ;-), then head over to BC to see their carousel that I understand is not to be missed, then go to Yacht Club...if time, see tree and train in Yacht Club, if not head to dock to catch Illuminations Cruise at 9:30 (for Illuminations at 10:30).
How does that time frame sound to you....too much time allotted, not enough, or doable?
Thanks so much...I really appreciate the help!

Does the BC do a special carousel during the holidays? The only carousel I know of is the one at the BW.

(Terrible picture)image.jpg

You'll definitely want to check out the BW lobby even for a couple of minutes, and if you have time it's nice to watch one of the entertainers out on the BW, which could take 10-15 mins. Personally I think your timeframe sounds fine, but you can play things by ear depending on how the time is going.
Ps -- we're drinkers, but even with the margarita stand and the dueling piano bar, the BW is really not a big "party place" with lots of alcohol flowing. :) It's very family friendly. We've never bought a drink out on the BW. Sitting out at the pool may be a different story... :drinking1

Does the BC do a special carousel during the holidays? The only carousel I know of is the one at the BW.

(Terrible picture)View attachment 116925

You'll definitely want to check out the BW lobby even for a couple of minutes, and if you have time it's nice to watch one of the entertainers out on the BW, which could take 10-15 mins. Personally I think your timeframe sounds fine, but you can play things by ear depending on how the time is going.
Ps -- we're drinkers, but even with the margarita stand and the dueling piano bar, the BW is really not a big "party place" with lots of alcohol flowing. :) It's very family friendly. We've never bought a drink out on the BW. Sitting out at the pool may be a different story... :drinking1
Thanks for your info! On another post, someone told me that BC had a holiday carousel that was "not to be missed"....anyone else out there know for sure? I also read that Yacht Club has a tree and mini train that is just so-so. Anyone know anything about that? What do you mean by check out the BW lobby? Does the BW have a lobby, or do you mean the BC lobby? We've never been to that part of Disney before, and I just want to make sure I check everything out that everyone suggests seeing :-). My kids play piano (My photo is my son playing the Star Spangled Banner on the grand piano in GF!...the guy asked him if he wanted to play...in 2010...10 yrs old...what an AWESOME opportunity!)...so I thought the dueling piano thing sounded really cool to see, but I noticed it is only for 21 and over...so we'll have to wait on that one ;-).

(Terrible picture)View attachment 116925

Here are some photos of the BC Chocolate Carousel. THis is from a few years ago, but the last time we were there at Christmas time, it was the same design. It makes the whole lobby smell WONDERFUL!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1900.JPG
    DSCF1900.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1899.JPG
    DSCF1899.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1898.JPG
    DSCF1898.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1897.JPG
    DSCF1897.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1896.JPG
    DSCF1896.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1889.JPG
    DSCF1889.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 14

The display that really is a "can't miss" one at Christmas is in the Grand Floridian...its a whole Gingerbread House that CM sell cookies and other goodies from. You can even buy one of their "take home" Gingerbread Houses, but it's hard to get it on the plane if you fly.

Attachments

• DSCF2073.JPG
    DSCF2073.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2072.JPG
    DSCF2072.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF2071.JPG
    DSCF2071.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2069.JPG
    DSCF2069.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 9
The display that really is a "can't miss" one at Christmas is in the Grand Floridian...its a whole Gingerbread House that CM sell cookies and other goodies from. You can even buy one of their "take home" Gingerbread Houses, but it's hard to get it on the plane if you fly.
Thanks for sharing the pics! I can't wait to see (and smell!) that carousel! We did see the GF display when we were there at Christmas in 2013...That is really cool! In 2013, we rode the monorail around to check out those resort decorations. This time, we're heading to the BW area for something different. Can't wait!!!

Here's our plan....Let me know if you think I am cutting it too close or squashing too much in...
At about 5:45 (after 5:00 CP show), leave Epcot by walking through International Gateway and go to BW. Enjoy shopping time at BW (we'll have our kids and we're not big drinkers...DH diabetic...so we'll pass on what many others might find fun ;-), then head over to BC to see their carousel that I understand is not to be missed, then go to Yacht Club...if time, see tree and train in Yacht Club, if not head to dock to catch Illuminations Cruise at 9:30 (for Illuminations at 10:30).
How does that time frame sound to you....too much time allotted, not enough, or doable?
Thanks so much...I really appreciate the help!

I think that is plenty of time. Sounds like a great night!

Most rooms in the BW have full balconies. None have Juliet balconies like in the BC. There are a few rooms that have a small one chair balcony because of room angles, and there are literally one or two rooms with no balconies at all, but if I got one of those rooms, I would ask to switch immediately! We don't have kids, but from what other people have said, the slide at the clown pool is much more fun, and it's a lot easier to keep an eye on the kids than at Stormalong Bay. Enjoy! :)

Thanks. I think I may switch, it would be fun to try someplace new.

Hello everyone!

We have just booked for the week before Christmas 2016 in a water view room, and I am so excited!!

I have been to Disney World many times, but only in summer months, and I've only ever stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.
This is truly a trip of firsts! First time at an Epcot resort (even ever VISITING an Epcot resort! We have been to the MK resorts countless times, but I've never set foot in an Epcot resort), first time with holiday decorations, first time not in summer, first special party event...you get the idea!

Boardwalk has been on my radar for awhile now as a "must do eventually" resort, so I've gone over and over the first few pages of this thread off and on over the last year or so, and I am thrilled to finally know it is a reality!

This may be the longest 488 days of my life!!

Hello everyone!

We have just booked for the week before Christmas 2016 in a water view room, and I am so excited!!

I have been to Disney World many times, but only in summer months, and I've only ever stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.
This is truly a trip of firsts! First time at an Epcot resort (even ever VISITING an Epcot resort! We have been to the MK resorts countless times, but I've never set foot in an Epcot resort), first time with holiday decorations, first time not in summer, first special party event...you get the idea!

Boardwalk has been on my radar for awhile now as a "must do eventually" resort, so I've gone over and over the first few pages of this thread off and on over the last year or so, and I am thrilled to finally know it is a reality!

Although I have yet to stay at BW, I love staying in the Epcot area. Walking into a park is great, being able to walk out at night while everyone else has to plod off to wait to cram onto a bus is even better lol.

Here are some photos of the BC Chocolate Carousel. THis is from a few years ago, but the last time we were there at Christmas time, it was the same design. It makes the whole lobby smell WONDERFUL!!!

Thanks for all the pics! We'll be at the BW in Dec again this year, we'll have to travel over to the BC/YC to see those as well. And yes, the BW has their own holiday display as well in their lobby.
image.jpg

The whole little stand itself is made from gingerbread, but obviously not as elaborate as the GF one.

Back to work this morning, after my wonderful mother daughter trip. Missing my BWV already. But I did appreciate not having damp sheets/pillows etc when I got home last night. That has always been a problem for us in the summer at the Boardwalk, everything is always damp. The new room design in the one bedroom, while not particularly festive, was very nice looking.

Thanks for all the pics! We'll be at the BW in Dec again this year, we'll have to travel over to the BC/YC to see those as well. And yes, the BW has their own holiday display as well in their lobby.
View attachment 117833

The whole little stand itself is made from gingerbread, but obviously not as elaborate as the GF one.

That's very cool! We never made it over to BWI during our trip...thanks for posting!

Back to work this morning, after my wonderful mother daughter trip. Missing my BWV already. But I did appreciate not having damp sheets/pillows etc when I got home last night. That has always been a problem for us in the summer at the Boardwalk, everything is always damp. The new room design in the one bedroom, while not particularly festive, was very nice looking.

Damp?? We've never stayed during the summer, so we haven't experienced that.

Damp?? We've never stayed during the summer, so we haven't experienced that.
Yes, I have had that problem every time we stay in the summer. Had it at the YC also.
Oddly, I didn't have it at the Polynesian. I wonder if part of the reason is that the Poly has sliding doors and the BWV/YC have doors the open like a regular door? The doors in our room at BWV did not seal well at all when they closed, I could hear lot's of outside noise when they were locked. I could pull them shut tighter but they didn't stay when you let go.

Yes, I have had that problem every time we stay in the summer. Had it at the YC also.
Oddly, I didn't have it at the Polynesian. I wonder if part of the reason is that the Poly has sliding doors and the BWV/YC have doors the open like a regular door? The doors in our room at BWV did not seal well at all when they closed, I could hear lot's of outside noise when they were locked. I could pull them shut tighter but they didn't stay when you let go.
We always stay in the summer at BW and never have that happen. Do you keep your door open?

We always stay in the summer at BW and never have that happen. Do you keep your door open?
No, never. Maybe we always get rooms with doors that don't seal well. This isn't the first time we've had the issue.

Arriving at Poly in a couple of days:hyper:. We usually prefer walking back from DHS through Epcot which makes for a great photo op, so stay tuned;)

Offcially moved my April stay from BCV to BWV. It will be my first stay on the other side of Cresent Lake. Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast here I come!

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on booking BWV! Don't forget about Les Halles in Epcot. They have great breakfast options, too;)

Time is in the eye, or perhaps the foot of the walker.
:rotfl:

Just changed my daugther and I's December stay from Yacht club to Boardwalk Inn and am pretty psyched. Have never stayed at BWI so any tips would be appreciated.

I was thinking of changing to the Swan to sabe some $$ but then Orbitz released a non capped 15% discount and it brought BWI down to almost the same as the Swan (when you factor in that the Swan would mean getting cab to and from airport).

Booked a standard view room so any tips on what location I may want to request for room would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Congratulations on moving from YC and getting a good deal. The SV rooms are every view except a direct BWV. Many like to request a high floor with an Epcot view so they can see some of Illuminations.

I am thinking of switching from YC to BWI for our end of April '16 trip. We love the YC, but with the room refurb...lack of starting it...I am not sure I want to stay there. I've thought about BC but I want a full balcony, does the BWI have full Balconies? There is 7 of us, 4 Adults and 3 kids(12, 10, 6), my parents are coming with us. I am also a little nervous of the Clown pool, we love Stromalong Bay, but the Luna Park slide looks fun!

Any advise or suggestions would be great!
TIA

Welcome to the thread! We find BWI to be much more relaxed and less hectic feeling than over at YC/BC. But, SAB is a big draw for many.

We just left the Boardwalk and it was great! Room was ready before our plane landed! When we arrived the room smelled really bad (like mildew) but they transferred us to a new room within minutes! We had such a wonderful time!

Why do they think it's acceptable to put guests into a smelly room? UGH. Glad you were relocated and had a nice stay.

Thank you for all your fun resort Christmas photos. It's so much fun to visit at Christmastime.

Hello everyone!

Welcome! It's fun to cross resorts off your must-do list and you're going to love the cooler weather and less rain.

It's hard getting back to reality, but it's always fun to plan another trip;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter