Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hello everyone. Well, it's official. With the release of the Fall Discounts this morning, we were able to upgrade our Beach Club Garden View reservation to Boardwalk Club Level! We are SOOOOO excited. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Beach Club, and I know we'll be back there again one day, but since this IS our Anniversary trip, and we've never stayed Club Level, we just had to go for it! :yay:

So, we'll be there October 16 - 23, 2015, if you'd like to add us to your list. Looking forward to reading all your posts and tips about this "new to us" beautiful resort. Can't wait to stay there! (Except for the Clown...that thing just creeps me out!):scared:

Supposedly the clown only eats one guest a year. In not sure if he's eaten yet this year or not, but still your odds should be pretty good! :clown: :jester: :crazy: :rotfl2:

We stayed at BWI last two years during food and wine and never had a problem getting a discount. This year, we were unable to get free dining, or any other discount for our dates. We now are considering renting points at BWV. I have heard a standard or preferred view for a one bedroom varies depending if you rent from an owner or if you reserve through the Disney site. If we rent from an owner, and chose Standard view, does anyone know what that means for a one bedroom unit.

Yeah, it can be confusing. The standard view in DVC (so when renting) is the wing coming out from the lobby that faces the entryway (port cocheres) and the parking lot. Further down there's a fountain that doesn't look bad. But overall not great views.

When booking Villas by cash (reserve through Disney site), their "standard" view is the same as the "preferred non-Boardwalk view" when booking through DVC (renting). That's the clown pool, the canal going towards DHS, the Villas quiet pool, etc. All generally nice views.

Hope that helps!

We were moved from our "magical" deal at the WL to the BWI over Christmas. I am pretty excited as we stayed at the swan about 9 years ago and loved the location!

I was wondering if all the rooms at BWI have balconies? We have two young children and like to relax on our balcony after they go to bed. Also, it looks like from this thread some standard views get a view of illumninations, am I understanding that correctly? How likely is that to happen? Is there any special requests we can make to make it more possible?

I'm so excited we get to try this great resort out!

We stayed at BWI last two years during food and wine and never had a problem getting a discount. This year, we were unable to get free dining, or any other discount for our dates. We now are considering renting points at BWV. I have heard a standard or preferred view for a one bedroom varies depending if you rent from an owner or if you reserve through the Disney site. If we rent from an owner, and chose Standard view, does anyone know what that means for a one bedroom unit.

A standard view on DVC points usually is a view of the front parking lot. I've had a nice room near the tree in the front by the fountain. I prefer the cheaper points to the view.

Supposedly the clown only eats one guest a year. In not sure if he's eaten yet this year or not, but still your odds should be pretty good! :clown: :jester: :crazy: :rotfl2:

!

But the clown's eyes glow and it growls at many more guests. :lmao:

I am so excited! And I will get some pictures up. We are planning to relax during the heat of the day so I'll working on postings while DH naps!

I'm told the Inn is finished and just a refurb is going on at Villas. I'll find out Saturday!

Liz

Looking forward to hearing and seeing about it all!

LOVE the quiet pool at BWI. Stayed at BWI last month for a conference and was able to swim some mini-laps in the quiet pool. It's my favorite quiet pool on property and so relaxing. And the hot tub is probably the cleanest and most clear I've seen anywhere.

Thos is nice to hear...we enjoy some pool time mid day! And the quiet pool holds more appeal than the clown pool....lol..

Supposedly the clown only eats one guest a year. In not sure if he's eaten yet this year or not, but still your odds should be pretty good! :clown: :jester: :crazy:!

Too funny!!!

But the clown's eyes glow and it growls at many more guests. :lmao:

Yikes!!!

~Food question...cause its always about the food...lol...I was perusing the menus of the restaurants around the BW and the breakfast menu at Trattoria sl Forno looks wonderful. ..from frittatas with red peppers and prosciutto to apple caramel.crumb pancakes! Wow! Planning on making a breakfast ressie 4 sure ..was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience...love to get some feed back....

Liz and Mexi...It's just about trip time!!! :goodvibes

Last edited:

LoL U better get them Pics up....The leadup to my vacay always seems to crawl right about now, so these usually make the time go by quicker...At least in the head..LoL

It seems like the speed of time varies between light speed and turtle slow! I'll see if I can help pass it with some pictures soon though.

Very excited was able to get a standard room for our dates 12/7-12/12 with the fall discount.

Congratulations! Discounts seem scarce this year and I hope you'll enjoy it. This trip is our first although I've walked through it.

Hello everyone. Well, it's official. With the release of the Fall Discounts this morning, we were able to upgrade our Beach Club Garden View reservation to Boardwalk Club Level! We are SOOOOO excited. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Beach Club, and I know we'll be back there again one day, but since this IS our Anniversary trip, and we've never stayed Club Level, we just had to go for it! :yay:

So, we'll be there October 16 - 23, 2015, if you'd like to add us to your list. Looking forward to reading all your posts and tips about this "new to us" beautiful resort. Can't wait to stay there! (Except for the Clown...that thing just creeps me out!):scared:

Congratulations on the trip and Discount!

You will love the quiet pool at BWI. It's so relaxing, and the gardens nearby are very pretty! Enjoy!!:goodvibes

We are planning on spending time there every day, weather permitting. DH was commenting on the rain chance but I reminded him it is no different than here. It's summer in the south and it will rain almost every day at some point, but not ALL day!

Thanks, everyone! I have walked through the lobby of the BW, but we've never stayed there, so we're really looking forward to.

I know the BC pretty well, but not BW, so I do have some questions:

Firstly, when going to EPCOT from the Club Level rooms, do you have to go all the way back to the elevators and then out through the lobby? Or, like the Beach Club, is there a "secret entrance?" I have heard there is a shortcut to the path for DHS that goes by the Clown, but how about a shortcut to EPCOT?

Second, are all the club rooms on the 4th floor, and can you see the EPCOT Illuminations from the balcony of the rooms not facing the Boardwalk?

I know I'll have additional questions as we get closer, and hope I don't become too big of a pain to all you BWI-pros...

I saw that looked like stairs on the BWI side but I don't know if they go outside. I'll let you know Saturday!

LOVE the quiet pool at BWI. Stayed at BWI last month for a conference and was able to swim some mini-laps in the quiet pool. It's my favorite quiet pool on property and so relaxing. And the hot tub is probably the cleanest and most clear I've seen anywhere.

I'm hoping for some lap space! I've been swimming every day and whittled another 4 lbs off this last 6 weeks.

Hi everyone! :wave2:

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a couple of months, so excited for Food and Wine!! :yay:

This will be our first time at Boardwalk and we can't decide whether we should request a pool view or a Boardwalk view. Any big pros or cons to either view? We're requesting an upper floor too.
Thanks in advance for your help!! :thanks:

Congratulations on your upcoming stay!

We were moved from our "magical" deal at the WL to the BWI over Christmas. I am pretty excited as we stayed at the swan about 9 years ago and loved the location!

I was wondering if all the rooms at BWI have balconies? We have two young children and like to relax on our balcony after they go to bed. Also, it looks like from this thread some standard views get a view of illumninations, am I understanding that correctly? How likely is that to happen? Is there any special requests we can make to make it more possible?

This is my first stay at BWI so after Saturday I "might" be able to help. I'm directionally challenged though! Congratulations on your stay.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing about it all!

~Food question...cause its always about the food...lol...I was perusing the menus of the restaurants around the BW and the breakfast menu at Trattoria sl Forno looks wonderful. ..from frittatas with red peppers and prosciutto to apple caramel.crumb pancakes! Wow! Planning on making a breakfast ressie 4 sure ..was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience...love to get some feed back....

Liz and Mexi...It's just about trip time!!! :goodvibes

Hi Blue! We are thinking of trying breakfast there. I'll try to get a picture of the menu if we don't. So much food and so little time! Luckily my new "dressy" activity tracker arrived yesterday so hopefully I'll "work" off all the extra food.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like to find out about!

DH woke up this morning and said "Three more wakeups!" :hourglass

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Planning!

Liz

Liz, just a word of warning about the quiet pool - the laps are probably 10-12 yard lengths, so lots of turns! I wasn't in for a full training session (I'm training for a tri) but it was great to swim!

Liz, just a word of warning about the quiet pool - the laps are probably 10-12 yard lengths, so lots of turns! I wasn't in for a full training session (I'm training for a tri) but it was great to swim!
I used to do triathlons/run marathons. Every time I see your Run Disney avatar, I feel guilty! I developed a bone spur in my shoulder, so swimming is out for me now (because I'm not having surgery), but I could increase my running! I still run just enough to stay somewhat fit, but I've always wanted to run the Disney half:) DH and I always used to race together, but he works all the time now, so we haven't raced in years. Can men run in the Princess Half? That sounds so funny!

I used to do triathlons/run marathons. Every time I see your Run Disney avatar, I feel guilty! I developed a bone spur in my shoulder, so swimming is out for me now (because I'm not having surgery), but I could increase my running! I still run just enough to stay somewhat fit, but I've always wanted to run the Disney half:) DH and I always used to race together, but he works all the time now, so we haven't raced in years. Can men run in the Princess Half? That sounds so funny!

You and your husband should absolutely do a half at Disney - so fun! Yes, men can run the princess, just not in the first corrals. Our 16-year-old son is running the Princess with me this time. I'll have to drop back in corrals to run with him, but I think that will be good - I'm trying to relax a little and have more fun!

If not the princess, the half during marathon weekend would be great . . . Or I'd love to do wine and dine some year!

I'm hoping for some lap space! I've been swimming every day and whittled another 4 lbs off this last 6 weeks.

Bravo.

I used to do triathlons/run marathons. Every time I see your Run Disney avatar, I feel guilty! I developed a bone spur in my shoulder, so swimming is out for me now (because I'm not having surgery), but I could increase my running!

I know what you mean there. I have a partial tear in my meniscus (knee), and surgery is recommended. But, I can still play tennis. I'd rather spend the money on more Disney trips.

Hi Blue! We are thinking of trying breakfast there. I'll try to get a picture of the menu if we don't. So much food and so little time! Luckily my new "dressy" activity tracker arrived yesterday so hopefully I'll "work" off all the extra food.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like to find out about!

DH woke up this morning and said "Three more wakeups!" :hourglass

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Planning!

Liz

Thanks sooo much Liz! :goodvibes I am sure that you will work off any calories that you consume...this is called Disney math!! ::yes:: It can also be applied to room rates..and discount codes....:cool2: lol....And you are right sooo much food...and truly never enough time...enjoy every minute ...THREE more days!! :woohoo: ...We are relative BWI newbies with only a few stays under our belts....so I am interested in everything! :thumbsup2

Bravo.

I know what you mean there. I have a partial tear in my meniscus (knee), and surgery is recommended. But, I can still play tennis. I'd rather spend the money on more Disney trips.
Ouch! That sounds painful! Fortunately, I don't normally have any pain as long as I avoid anything above shoulder height. Is that you as Sulley at Laugh Floor? My DH was "that guy" once and another time I was the one who held up my fingers like antennas...fun times:) They had changed up the show a little the last time we saw it, which was nice.

You and your husband should absolutely do a half at Disney - so fun! Yes, men can run the princess, just not in the first corrals. Our 16-year-old son is running the Princess with me this time. I'll have to drop back in corrals to run with him, but I think that will be good - I'm trying to relax a little and have more fun!

If not the princess, the half during marathon weekend would be great . . . Or I'd love to do wine and dine some year!
I think my husband mentioned the wine and dine, but I must not have been listening! Is that during F&W? What distance is it? You must be pretty fast if you have to drop back to run with your 16 year old! I don't have any desire to do the speed work required to become fast again! Ok, maybe I do, a little:)

Yes all the rooms have balconies at least the ones we have stayed at. ( we do club level though) I have stayed in several regular rooms & they had balconies. Some are small but can sit out & enjoy ! We love the BWI and go there at least two times a year but this year only this coming September !pixiedust:

I think my husband mentioned the wine and dine, but I must not have been listening! Is that during F&W? What distance is it? You must be pretty fast if you have to drop back to run with your 16 year old! I don't have any desire to do the speed work required to become fast again! Ok, maybe I do, a little:)

The main wine and dine event is a half marathon, and it looks like so much fun! The great thing is that you can choose to mix in some speed work or not in your training - Disney races are so welcoming whatever your goals for a particular race!

Speaking of races, BWI is at the top of the list for Princess Half Marathon weekend. Stayed there for PHM in 2014 and this time need a room for six. The CL deluxe room fits our party and allows the non-runners to watch the 10K from the balcony!

Ouch! That sounds painful! Fortunately, I don't normally have any pain as long as I avoid anything above shoulder height. Is that you as Sulley at Laugh Floor? My DH was "that guy" once and another time I was the one who held up my fingers like antennas...fun times:) They had changed up the show a little the last time we saw it, which was nice.

Last trip I was called on during the geography lesson. Ella said I looked like Mr. Snuggle Bunnies... After the accident. And I had to sing the Staten Island national anthem. It was all really funny.

Yes, that was me as Sulley on the laugh floor in June. After the first shot, I handed oldest dd my cell phone to get the picture. I guess that was the scariest pose I could think of at the time. One year, I got to lead the elephant section in the Festival of the Lion King show, and both dds were able to do the parade in the same show. That was back when the camera still had film, so I don't even know if I have a picture of that one.

Last trip I was called on during the geography lesson. Ella said I looked like Mr. Snuggle Bunnies... After the accident. And I had to sing the Staten Island national anthem. It was all really funny.
I don't remember the geography lesson. Is that new? I think we skipped laugh floor in June. My DD16 had two friends killed in a car accident while we were there, so we spent a lot of time just lounging at the pool/hotel. We'll have to try it again in October!
Yes, that was me as Sulley on the laugh floor in June. After the first shot, I handed oldest dd my cell phone to get the picture. I guess that was the scariest pose I could think of at the time. One year, I got to lead the elephant section in the Festival of the Lion King show, and both dds were able to do the parade in the same show. That was back when the camera still had film, so I don't even know if I have a picture of that one.
I wouldn't trade all my Disney memories for anything! I'm glad to know other people are creating great memories too:) BTW, I think you look very scary- LOL!

I can tell you that not all the BWI rooms have a balcony, because I was in a room without. I had booked a standard view room, and when I did online check in, one of the request options was Boardwalk View. Just for fun, I selected it - to see what would happen. I had sort of a sideish view of the boardwalk (a nice view) but it was just a window - no balcony. If you are standing in the back courtyard facing the lobby and look up to the left, you will see two or three of these windows in between rooms with balconies. I don't know if there are any of these rooms anywhere else or not.

yes, it's not a very big pool. you are bound to run into people like me who love to float on their back and just enjoy looking around at the surroundings, or closing our eyes and enjoying the feel of the sun... I do look up and around from time to time, but enjoy lounging in the pool.. you'd probably have better luck with lap swimming in the early morning or later at night. (of course if I saw someone was already swimming laps, I would try to float in a corner)

the BWI pool is pretty quiet though, very few kids. kind of hidden away, which is why I like it. less chance of running into kids splashing while swimming laps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!