• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Please share that recipe! I ment to get it last year and forgot. It's very similar to AKL jungle juice but I think one is guava and one is passion fruit. I would love to fix "juice from the lounge!"

Liz
You are correct. Equal parts guava, passion fruit, and orange juice. I've had to substitute mango for passion fruit and it's still very yummy.

Thanks! It's getting so close now! We check in at BWI in 38 days! It's almost been a year for you! I hope it was a magical one!

I love countdowns! Congratulations on the Disney wedding too!

You are correct. Equal parts guava, passion fruit, and orange juice. I've had to substitute mango for passion fruit and it's still very yummy.

Thanks Mexi! I will be making myself some today. DS is being transferred and left for California today so I'm feeling a bit sad. A little bit of Disney might just be the pick-me-up I need! I might make a few little tea sandwiches to go with it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and happy planning!

Liz

I love countdowns! Congratulations on the Disney wedding too!

Thanks Mexi! I will be making myself some today. DS is being transferred and left for California today so I'm feeling a bit sad. A little bit of Disney might just be the pick-me-up I need! I might make a few little tea sandwiches to go with it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and happy planning!

Liz
:grouphug: And your welcome. Enjoy!

Just realized this whole time I didn't ask you , Kook to add us to the Bulletin....If it's not too much trouble we're heading to BWV 8/15th-26th, and then to HHR 26th-28th. Thanks...
No trouble at all - just late getting back to the thread:flower3:

That is the plan :woohoo:or take the boat :boat: Regardless I am very excited! And thank you for all you do for this thread. The information is wonderful and very thorough :thumbsup2
Awww, thank you so much, @ChosenBelle.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]We checked into our 1 bedroom villa last Sunday and checked out yesterday (we are now at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a week, our first time off site, Eeeeek!). We loved our villa, we had an amazing view, housekeeping was amazing, in fact every cast member at The Boardwalk Inn and Villas was amazing. We will definitely be back. We only wish there were a few more food options but we loved walking to Epcot in the evening for dinner.

I hope you get to book another stay at BWV soon.

Stayed at BWI for the first time from 6/16-6/26. It is now our all-time favorite resort. Beautiful grounds, fantastic CMs and just wonderful all the way around. We had room 2296, my in-laws had 2298 and my parents had 2304. It was so nice to hop over to Big River Grill and Brew Works for dinner and a beer when it rained so hard, you couldn't even see Yacht Club anymore. BellVue Lounge was awesome. Had some fantastic drinks at Leaping Horse Libations.

All three rooms had a view of the courtyard and were very close to the lobby, the quiet pool and vending machines and ice machines. We couldn't have asked for a better location. Let me know if you have any questions :)
Sounds like all of you had a terrific vacation:)

We just got back from an AMAZING first stay at BWI. The resort was overbooked so we were magically upgraded to the Sonora Suite! We originally had a deluxe CL room booked and when we went past the desk by the door to CL the gentleman mentioned something about a surprise in the room. I thought maybe he didn't know that I already knew the room had a view of the boardwalk or something, but when the bellhop stopped at the door to the suite I literally screamed and started jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas. There were quite a few mousekeepers in the hallway and they all came over to congratulate us and told us to enjoy the suite and let them know if they could get us anything. They were all so sweet! I could not stop crying and hugging them all lol. It was the most magical thing that's ever happened to us on a Disney vacation! The suite itself is gorgeous. The CL staff were all so kind and accommodating during our stay. My parents (who were not staying at the resort) stayed with our kids one evening so my husband and I could go out on a date and they were invited to go the lounge with our kids and told to eat and drink anything they wanted. It only took us four minutes (we timed it) to get from our room to the lobby, and another minute to the bus stop and another two minutes to the pool. I was really worried about all the long hallways people talk about, but they are really not long at all, especially when you consider we were traveling with four kids and strollers and my Dad, who has hip problems and doesn't walk very fast. MBs worked flawlessly to get in the room. My only room request was an early check-in, and MBs worked for parking at MK at 7:30am and our dining credits were available at 12 for lunch. Overall BWI is just beautiful. No issues with self parking and there were plenty of spots available. The bus service was fantastic, although we only went to DTD once and MK twice, but both times a cast member was at the bus stop with an iPad and was able to tell us almost exactly when the next bus would be arriving. We can't wait to go back!

WOW! Congratulations! I would have been jumping up and down and teary-eyed, too (while my family stared at me). How many nights were you in the suite? Do you have photos you can post?

It has been very magical, but time has really flown by! I really can't believe it's been almost a year. Enjoy every moment of your special day! It flies by so fast!

You're going to have a magical anniversary and I hope you'll post some photos. I remember when you stayed at CR with DGM. Do you think she'll go again someday with you?

You're going to have a magical anniversary and I hope you'll post some photos. I remember when you stayed at CR with DGM. Do you think she'll go again someday with you?
I sure hope so! She had a great time during our trip in 2011 and this past October. If that does happen anytime soon, we'd definitely stay at BWI. It's on my bucket list! :goodvibes

I'm glad the CM staff is great. We have been lucky enough to have awesome CMs during all our stays. I'm guessing if I kept calling back I would eventually be able to get a monorail resort, but we decided to try something new! I think BWI is the perfect choice for that.

OK, Liz. I want a full review with pictures when you get back:) BWI will be new for me too... I just told my TA to book it for December 3-6. DH wanted me to check on CR, but we will already be in the monorail loop in October and February, so I want to try something new too! But DH is very nervous. He knows he likes BC, but we don't know anything about BWI. Do you know if all the standard CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge? If so, what floor is that? I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of BWI!!

OK, Liz. I want a full review with pictures when you get back:) BWI will be new for me too... I just told my TA to book it for December 3-6. DH wanted me to check on CR, but we will already be in the monorail loop in October and February, so I want to try something new too! But DH is very nervous. He knows he likes BC, but we don't know anything about BWI. Do you know if all the standard CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge? If so, what floor is that? I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of BWI!!
I hope you don't mind me answering your question.

Yes all the standard CL rooms are on the 4th floor where the lounge is located. I hope you enjoy the BWI as much as I do.

I posted this in the CL thread, but I hope it's ok to post it here, too, since some of you may have more current info...

My family is considering a stay at the BWI for the first time. Can anyone tell me what food they have up in the lounge (mostly interested in the afternoon snacks and dinner apps) or post some pics if you have them? Any info would be appreciated. We've stayed CL at many other WDW resorts, and while we like to stick to old favorites, I think it might be time to try something new.

Yes all the standard CL rooms are on the 4th floor where the lounge is located. I hope you enjoy the BWI as much as I do.

Thanks Mexi! I also used Touring Plans Room finder. This is the link!

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-inn

And yes I'll take pictures of everything. I did speak with IPO who called over to BWI. Plenty of parking for guests and they changed up CL offerings just last week! I just hope they still have those tea sandwiches.

If there is something specific you'd like, I'm sure between Mexi and I (or others going before us) can find out about it!

24 days! Got my welcome booklet today. One day I'll need to watch the Incredibles movie.

Liz

I posted this in the CL thread, but I hope it's ok to post it here, too, since some of you may have more current info...

My family is considering a stay at the BWI for the first time. Can anyone tell me what food they have up in the lounge (mostly interested in the afternoon snacks and dinner apps) or post some pics if you have them? Any info would be appreciated. We've stayed CL at many other WDW resorts, and while we like to stick to old favorites, I think it might be time to try something new.

IPO told me things were changed up last week. I think someone just returned and can provide more info. If not, I'll give details in 24 days!

Liz

Yay! I'm really excited! Thanks for answering...I think we all answer each other's questions...at least, I do all the time:)

Please post updates/pictures to the BW villa studio rooms
We are highly considering to rent one within 2 years
We heard some refurbishment plans are underway at the BW villas.
Thank you

Returned from a conference/girls' weekend at BWI and have lots to report! It was a great stay and I'm so glad we chose BWI. This was my 4th stay at BWI, but the first time staying non-CL. A few thoughts:

Location for Conference. BWI is perfect when attending conferences at Swan or Dolphin. Includes Magical Express, no extra fees (like at S/D) very "Disney," and feels far less "conferencey" than Swan/Dolphin. It's close enough to make the conference convenient, but provides a little extra space away from the conference during breaks and in the evening. Perfect. :)

Upgrade. We booked standard view and were prepared to see the parking lot. Against all conventional wisdom, and since I didn't have any strong preferences for location/view among the standard options, I checked "boardwalk view" during online check-in. Typically, I'd consider that a waste of a request. But in this case, I had no real requests so it was worth a shot. Turns out our room was not standard. We had an amazing Boardwalk view and a huge balcony. :) Yay!

Boardwalk View. I still prefer the Boardwalk view over garden. It's not particularly quiet, but not loud either. The noise from the boardwalk never kept us awake, but with just adults and no kids this time, we were up late anyway. Smokers next door - not happy about that. But when we called the "front desk" or wherever that call goes, the smoking stopped. We planned to stop by the real front desk, but the call always worked.

Check In. Direct-to-room works again! Got the text with the room number when we were at the airport. Went direct to room and opened it with magic bands. So convenient - just love it.

Quick Service. Quick service options are fine. I did miss something like Captain Cook's when we needed post-11pm quick food and didn't feel like walking back to Dolphin for Picabu. (Picabu, by the way, is looking sort of sad. Not kept up as well as it was a few years ago.) Quick service wouldn't be a problem if I were casually dressed - I love to walk. But in heels for the conference - different story. On the other hand, Belle Vue lounge is wonderful. Loved getting coffee and later, soda/water in the refill mugs without going down to the Boardwalk. Always relaxing and quiet in there at any time of day. It's my single favorite location on property to fill mugs. Other places we filled mugs: Boardwalk Bakery, the clown pool and the pizza window. Note regarding pizza window - they only refill mugs after 11pm when Boardwalk Bakery is closed.

Pools. Quiet pool is wonderful as always. Was able to swim something like laps there and it was peaceful and serene. Clown pool is still hopping - not quiet, lots of games, etc. But that's to be expected. Plenty of chairs to go around. Not my favorite main pool, but they are all getting so crowded and crazy these days.

Room. The decor is SO much better in person than in the photos. Love the bathroom area - very clean and nicely updated. The carpets are in great condition. Beds are super comfy.

Weather. Wow - I forgot how hot the Boardwalk can be in the summer. Really hot.

Happy to answer any questions!

Returned from a conference/girls' weekend at BWI and have lots to report! It was a great stay and I'm so glad we chose BWI. This was my 4th stay at BWI, but the first time staying non-CL. A few thoughts:

Location for Conference. BWI is perfect when attending conferences at Swan or Dolphin. Includes Magical Express, no extra fees (like at S/D) very "Disney," and feels far less "conferencey" than Swan/Dolphin. It's close enough to make the conference convenient, but provides a little extra space away from the conference during breaks and in the evening. Perfect. :)

Upgrade. We booked standard view and were prepared to see the parking lot. Against all conventional wisdom, and since I didn't have any strong preferences for location/view among the standard options, I checked "boardwalk view" during online check-in. Typically, I'd consider that a waste of a request. But in this case, I had no real requests so it was worth a shot. Turns out our room was not standard. We had an amazing Boardwalk view and a huge balcony. :) Yay!

Boardwalk View. I still prefer the Boardwalk view over garden. It's not particularly quiet, but not loud either. The noise from the boardwalk never kept us awake, but with just adults and no kids this time, we were up late anyway. Smokers next door - not happy about that. But when we called the "front desk" or wherever that call goes, the smoking stopped. We planned to stop by the real front desk, but the call always worked.

Check In. Direct-to-room works again! Got the text with the room number when we were at the airport. Went direct to room and opened it with magic bands. So convenient - just love it.

Quick Service. Quick service options are fine. I did miss something like Captain Cook's when we needed post-11pm quick food and didn't feel like walking back to Dolphin for Picabu. (Picabu, by the way, is looking sort of sad. Not kept up as well as it was a few years ago.) Quick service wouldn't be a problem if I were casually dressed - I love to walk. But in heels for the conference - different story. On the other hand, Belle Vue lounge is wonderful. Loved getting coffee and later, soda/water in the refill mugs without going down to the Boardwalk. Always relaxing and quiet in there at any time of day. It's my single favorite location on property to fill mugs. Other places we filled mugs: Boardwalk Bakery, the clown pool and the pizza window. Note regarding pizza window - they only refill mugs after 11pm when Boardwalk Bakery is closed.

Pools. Quiet pool is wonderful as always. Was able to swim something like laps there and it was peaceful and serene. Clown pool is still hopping - not quiet, lots of games, etc. But that's to be expected. Plenty of chairs to go around. Not my favorite main pool, but they are all getting so crowded and crazy these days.

Room. The decor is SO much better in person than in the photos. Love the bathroom area - very clean and nicely updated. The carpets are in great condition. Beds are super comfy.

That's a nice upgrade! I'm glad you had a great stay. Thanks for the heads up on the refills after bakery is closed.

I can't wait until I'm back!

The only other CL lounge I have to compare it to is BC (pre-refurb) and BWI felt larger. The high ceilings probably make it feel a little larger than it actually is, but it's still a nice size. We never had a problem getting a table. The food was great but the two things that stood out most to me were the little tea sandwiches they had in the afternoon and all the toppings for the bagels for breakfast. Those tea sammies were perfection. I've had them so often where the bread is slightly stale or too soggy, but these were perfect! The staff was really on top of keeping everything fully stocked and refilling things way before they were even close to empty. The oatmeal raisin cookies and make-your-own trail mix were my kid's favorites. I hope you love BWI! :-)

Hopefully there will be more info posted soon, and I'll look for your posts in a few weeks! Thank you!

I'm quoting Sally from a couple pages back. Her family was upgraded to the Suite! I believe she was there until 6/26. I love when Disney sprinkles pixie dust! pixiedust:

Hopefully we will get more reports soon! I'm a sponge for information when I'm trying something new.

Congrats on the pixie dust upgrade and thank you for the nice breakdown of amenities. It seems everyone who has stayed at BWI has really enjoyed it!

Weather (heat) is my main concern and I'm hoping its not TOO far to get to the quiet pool. It's also one reason I'm not planning much during the day. I think our plan so far is sleep in, swim, nap until evening apps then head out after dark. If we get a boardwalk view, we will probably people watch a lot!

Happy 4th of July!

Liz

I'm quoting Sally from a couple pages back. Her family was upgraded to the Suite! I believe she was there until 6/26. I love when Disney sprinkles pixie dust! pixiedust:

Hopefully we will get more reports soon! I'm a sponge for information when I'm trying something new.

Congrats on the pixie dust upgrade and thank you for the nice breakdown of amenities. It seems everyone who has stayed at BWI has really enjoyed it!

Weather (heat) is my main concern and I'm hoping its not TOO far to get to the quiet pool. It's also one reason I'm not planning much during the day. I think our plan so far is sleep in, swim, nap until evening apps then head out after dark. If we get a boardwalk view, we will probably people watch a lot!

Happy 4th of July!

Liz
Hi Liz... The quiet pool isn't too far at all. You can use one of the stairwells to exit right out to the quiet pool area.

You can look out the balcony from the lounge and see the pool so you can get a feel for where it's located.

The courtyard is very cozy and not too big IMO. It's very nice and relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter