Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

:)Ok Kook here is your update. We have checked in to the Polynesian. Love the resort itself so far....the best part.....we are in a Bungalow!!!!
It is beyond awesome!! We have watched the electric water pageant go right by our deck and now getting ready to watch the fireworks with the music piped into the deck!! If anyone has any questions let me know
Were you moved from a studio to a bungalow??? I am buying someone's points at a great price and we have a one night stay there in January pre-cruise. I AM BEYOND EXCITED!

:)Ok Kook here is your update. We have checked in to the Polynesian. Love the resort itself so far....the best part.....we are in a Bungalow!!!!
It is beyond awesome!! We have watched the electric water pageant go right by our deck and now getting ready to watch the fireworks with the music piped into the deck!! If anyone has any questions let me know

SCORE!!!! :jumping1:That's what I call an upgrade--why mess with those pesky suites in CL when you can have a Bungalow! Happy to hear you are enjoying my Polynesian. :flower1::dogdance:

VbChristy we started out in the bungalow. Was a nice gesture after booted from our Boardwalk lol

Tess it actually is a nice change. The Polynesian is very nice and very relaxing atmosphere

Leaving the day after tomorrow for a 10 night stay. Have never stayed Deluxe before so we are so excited!!! Will post photos soon!!
Hope you're having a magical vacation!

Finally think I got the answer for the CL construction question. I asked several and none were sharing. Had a conversation today with someone on CL that seemed to be a supervisor.

I mentioned the new Nespresso machine that arrived and was sitting behind the coffee urns at the entrance to the lounge. She was very excited by it and said it it was is in other CL on property.

She went on to say they have to make room for it so they are building another serving credenza. She motioned to the wall with windows to the left. She said they will be installing refrigerators as well.

She said the new machine would be operational tomorrow but did not mention when the credenza was going in but got the impression it would be soon.

She said the would still have traditional coffee options.

Thank you for the update:)

Recently booked an October trip and was excited to get a great discount at the Boardwalk Inn (we've never stayed there before). I've been researching the resort - and as best as I can figure, there don't seem to be that many rooms with king beds. Does anyone know @ how many king rooms are at the Inn? Also, any suggestions for a nice view for a king room - we are booked for a standard room, so I'm certainly prepared for a view of the parking lot, but was hoping that if we ask, we might have a chance for a nicer standard view. Thanks!
I asked a CM/concierge this question and she wouldn't give me an answer other than, "very few." I assume that most are HA rooms, which aren't desirable when you don't have physical need for one, but they will assign one to those who request a king when they aren't occupied. The remaining kings must be scattered throughout the resort.

We'll be there Oct 8-12th for our honeymoon! Can't wait!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Are you also getting married at WDW? I'll log your dates and Disneymoon.

Hi! Would you add us to the list? We are staying at BWV from 7/5 thru 7/11 :woohoo:

Also, how far along are the refurbs at BWV? We are staying in a studio and I was hoping to possibly get a refurbished studio :teeth:

I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin:). Someone posted where the rehab was maybe two weeks ago? I can't recall where it was at that point - maybe 3rd floor? so I'd have to go back and find the post...

Hey everyone! We just checked in yesterday for 6 nights at BWV. We got a newly renovated 1 br villa on the 5th floor. It is a long hike to the lobby and bus stop, but the beautiful room and view of the swan/dolphin/dhs makes up for it! When I get my pictures from the trip uploaded, I will post pics of the renovated room for you all! :) We had an awesome day at Epcot and MK and can't wait to see what memories are made the rest of the week!!
:yay:

I've never stayed at the BWI before, and I would like to ask a few questions.

1) Are all the regular CL rooms located on the same floor as the lounge (and in a key-coded area?)
2) Could we be placed really far from the lounge?
3) How far is it from the CL lounge to the clown slide pool? (Looking at the map, it seems far from the BWI rooms in general)
Just adding that there is no restricted access to the 4th floor - anyone can get onto the floor. There is a double set of doors you have to pass through and use your KTTW card or MB to get to most of the CL rooms and the lounge. In between the doubles doors is a concierge. There are a few BWV rooms outside of this room, half of the Deluxe rooms are on floor 3 and all of the Garden Cottages are on the ground level beneath CL.

My son and I are staying at BWI 9/11-9/15. It's my 45th birthday trip!! Can't think of a better place to spend it!!

This will be our second stay at BWI. I have a standard room book. Last time we did not like our location at all. What is the best way to put in room requests? At online check in or call? And who do I call? TIA

Congratulations and I'll add your dates to the log. A SV room can be of any view except a BWV. Just call the WDTC or contact your TA to have your requested view placed in your reservation. The Room Assignor sees both called-in and OCI room location requests. Just make sure they don't conflict.

WOWZA! I know I'm late with this but…congratulations!! I think they more than made-up for your being moved;) You may never be the same after this upgrade - amazing!!! Enjoy every minute. How many nights are you there?

Here now at BWI. Beautiful. Found a parking spot no problem. Lot was very full, but still had spaces left. They were rather thorough at making sure we had reservations before letting us in, which I appreciated.

I requested top floor, EPCOT view, close to elevator and pretty much got what I asked for (except on 4th floor instead of 5th). Didn't think it was a big deal until we got to the room and saw our view. One of the largest tress in the courtyard smack dab in front of our balcony :confused:. 5th floor would have cleared it. Tried switching rooms, but they had nothing. Pretty bummed since we really wanted to watch Illuminations from the balcony, and worse, we practically have NO view since the tree is so close. Beware of 4298 if you want any type of a view.

Some other minor issues: room is damp and musty. Shower only has lukewarm water coming out. Will prob call in the am to have it fixed. Can't stand the mauve couch and hunter green carpet color combo (was hoping for a room in the lighter color scheme). Small balcony.

BUT, we are really loving it here. Other than what I mentioned, the room is great. Very clean, quiet, and a nice size for my family of four. We even scored a microwave the day we arrived. Towels are nice and thick, room is in good shape, housekeeping has been good, upon arrival bell services unloaded and held all of our stuff then delivered to our room when we got back from the park (so easy). Bus experience to MK two days in a row was the best we've ever had in 6 trips at other resorts. It was unbelievable actually. The Boardwalk has been really fun with all of the performers and different food/drink options (the pizza window is our friend). And the best part, of course is the proximity to EPCOT and DHS. What a game changer when you can so easily come back to the room for a mid day break. Love it.:flower1:

Kook. We are here a total of 10 nights. We have already visited the boardwalk twice though. Can't stay away lol

We are staying at the BWI for the first time in July! I have read through all the dining options, but I am wondering if I am missing something. Is there a place to get a quick service breakfast that is more substantial than a muffin or danish? We are used to the MP over at the BC and usually get things like a bowl of oatmeal or scrambled eggs, mickey waffles, etc. Any options like that at the BWI? With four teen boys in two, a muffin won't cut it lol so I'm trying to plan what we will do for breakfast. Thanks!

We're checking-in at BWV on Thursday and received an email which says we 'may be able to skip the front desk' when we arrive, but the on-line check-in site says "Your online check-in is complete. Your reservation has Streamlined Check-in, just show your ID at the designated location in the resort lobby. Look for the logo. If your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will send you a notification to XXXX as soon as your room is ready."

Anyone use on-line check-in recently at BWV and if so, did you have to stop at the lobby prior to going to your room? We would definitely prefer not to stop at the lobby since we'll be arriving after midnight, already have our Magic Bands and a CC on-file, and presumably will have received a text with our room number.

Last edited:
We're checking-in at BWV on Thursday and received an email which says we 'may be able to skip the front desk' when we arrive, but the on-line check-in site says "Your online check-in is complete. Your reservation has Streamlined Check-in, just show your ID at the designated location in the resort lobby. Look for the logo. If your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will send you a notification to XXXX as soon as your room is ready."

Anyone use on-line check-in recently at BWV and if so, did you have to stop at the lobby prior to going to your room? We would definitely prefer not to stop at the lobby since we'll be arriving after midnight, already have our Magic Bands, and presumably will have received a text with our room number.

We have not yet stayed at the BW, but we have had this option on our past two trips. The first time (February - the first week of the program) there ended up being a problem when they tried to link my son's MB so we got an updated text letting us know we needed to go to the front desk. On our trip last month it worked perfectly. We ended up needing assistance with something else, so wound up at the front desk anyway, but the direct to room check-in worked fine. I'm looking forward to the day when it really works lol, but since we are arriving early in July, I don't think we'll have the option.

Excited not to be last on the visitor's list...........Jan 2016 can't get here fast enough!

Doug :goofy:

Here now at BWI. Beautiful. Found a parking spot no problem. Lot was very full, but still had spaces left. They were rather thorough at making sure we had reservations before letting us in, which I appreciated.

I requested top floor, EPCOT view, close to elevator and pretty much got what I asked for (except on 4th floor instead of 5th). Didn't think it was a big deal until we got to the room and saw our view. One of the largest tress in the courtyard smack dab in front of our balcony :confused:. 5th floor would have cleared it. Tried switching rooms, but they had nothing. Pretty bummed since we really wanted to watch Illuminations from the balcony, and worse, we practically have NO view since the tree is so close. Beware of 4298 if you want any type of a view.

Some other minor issues: room is damp and musty. Shower only has lukewarm water coming out. Will prob call in the am to have it fixed. Can't stand the mauve couch and hunter green carpet color combo (was hoping for a room in the lighter color scheme). Small balcony.

BUT, we are really loving it here. Other than what I mentioned, the room is great. Very clean, quiet, and a nice size for my family of four. We even scored a microwave the day we arrived. Towels are nice and thick, room is in good shape, housekeeping has been good, upon arrival bell services unloaded and held all of our stuff then delivered to our room when we got back from the park (so easy). Bus experience to MK two days in a row was the best we've ever had in 6 trips at other resorts. It was unbelievable actually. The Boardwalk has been really fun with all of the performers and different food/drink options (the pizza window is our friend). And the best part, of course is the proximity to EPCOT and DHS. What a game changer when you can so easily come back to the room for a mid day break. Love it.:flower1:

UGH - the dreaded tree view and damp and musty - sorry. Thank you for posting about your room and your stay thus far.

Kook. We are here a total of 10 nights. We have already visited the boardwalk twice though. Can't stay away lol

Ten nights in a Bungalow - you could really get used to that fast. I've read that the electronics (TV, music…) are really state of the art. Have you been playing around with it all?

We are staying at the BWI for the first time in July! I have read through all the dining options, but I am wondering if I am missing something. Is there a place to get a quick service breakfast that is more substantial than a muffin or danish? We are used to the MP over at the BC and usually get things like a bowl of oatmeal or scrambled eggs, mickey waffles, etc. Any options like that at the BWI? With four teen boys in two, a muffin won't cut it lol so I'm trying to plan what we will do for breakfast. Thanks!

BWI doesn't have a QS breakfast location within the property, but the BWB, which is almost next door, has some hot breakfast items such as a bread bowl that comes with scrambled eggs, etc…They also have a hot breakfast sandwich and biscuits and gravy. You already know about BCMP and they have oatmeal, but I think that the BWB actually has more substantial hot items. A wonderful QS for breakfast is Les Halles in Epcot, but they may not open until 0900.

Excited not to be last on the visitor's list...........Jan 2016 can't get here fast enough!

Doug :goofy:

WOOHOO! It'll be here before you know it.

Kook-yes it has all kinds of new electronics lights etc. there is even a tv in the mirror in the master bath.

BWI doesn't have a QS breakfast location within the property, but the BWB, which is almost next door, has some hot breakfast items such as a bread bowl that comes with scrambled eggs, etc…They also have a hot breakfast sandwich and biscuits and gravy. You already know about BCMP and they have oatmeal, but I think that the BWB actually has more substantial hot items. A wonderful QS for breakfast is Les Halles in Epcot, but they may not open until 0900.

Thanks for the info! We walked over to the BWB from the BC one morning, and it took a long time to be served - is the line always very long? I think that will probably be our go to thoug, and at the end of the day, it's WDW - we certainly aren't going to starve! lol.

Just like to add some info from my previous post. Tonight was the first time we were in the room during Illuminations and my horrible view in rm 4298 wasn't so horrible after all. Claustrophobic with that fat tree yes, but to the right of that tree we had a really decent view of the fireworks :banana:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! We walked over to the BWB from the BC one morning, and it took a long time to be served - is the line always very long? I think that will probably be our go to thoug, and at the end of the day, it's WDW - we certainly aren't going to starve! lol.

Have you considered upgrading to CL? CL is probably the answer to all your breakfast problems. Just steps away from your room is a lounge full of breakfast goodies (although none are hot except oatmeal). There's nothing more convenient than going into the lounge whenever your boys want a snack or beverage. It saves so much time and everything is unlimited. You can even take items back to your room and store items in your fridge. They even have hot appetizers from 5-7 and desserts from 8-10 and alcohol is included (all day if you ask.) With 3 boys, CL might actually save you some money and will definitely save you time and worry.

Just like to add some info from my previous post. Tonight was the first time we were in the room during Illuminations and my horrible view in rm 4298 wasn't so horrible after all. Claustrophobic with that fat tree yes, but to the right of that tree we had a really decent view of the fireworks :banana:

Phew. I felt bad recommending the Epcot view to you since you ended up with a Tree view instead. I'm glad you were able to see Illuminations:)

I just realized that I never had our dates added. We will be in BWI Deluxe CL from 7/11/15 to 7/16/15. 20 Days to go and it's getting much harder to contain my excitement!!!

I tried to search for an answer to this but I didn't find one.

We are staying in a studio at BWV in a few weeks. If we bring a case of water with us, is there is freezer in the refrigerator in the studios that are cold enough and will freeze two bottles of water for us to take to the parks in the morning?

I tried to search for an answer to this but I didn't find one.

We are staying in a studio at BWV in a few weeks. If we bring a case of water with us, is there is freezer in the refrigerator in the studios that are cold enough and will freeze two bottles of water for us to take to the parks in the morning?
They have started to replace the undercounter refrigerators in the studios with refrigerators without freezers. So, if you have an older one, you should have a freezer. If it has been replaced recently, no freezer.

Have you considered upgrading to CL? CL is probably the answer to all your breakfast problems. Just steps away from your room is a lounge full of breakfast goodies (although none are hot except oatmeal). There's nothing more convenient than going into the lounge whenever your boys want a snack or beverage. It saves so much time and everything is unlimited. You can even take items back to your room and store items in your fridge. They even have hot appetizers from 5-7 and desserts from 8-10 and alcohol is included (all day if you ask.) With 3 boys, CL might actually save you some money and will definitely save you time and worry.

Club level would be great, but we have such a deal on these two rooms that it would be about triple the price to upgrade. I'll probably just end up doing a GG order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter