Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I'm really nervous about learning this new resort layout! it seems so complicated! Although the walks can't be any worse than some of the AKL walks, LOL :) hopefully once I'm there, it'll make sense and I won't find navigating the resort too hard!
This might help you to better visualize where everything is. The CL lounge is where the E/X is, across from the Quiet Pool (below the word INN). Standard CL rooms are in the I - X area. The lobby is marked with an A. The bus stop is near the front/right of the Convention Center:
ccfeb718-2274-4f9c-a535-3decdbe78ef5.jpg

Hey everyone! We are currently booked at BC for June 21st-26th and are thinking about switching to BWI-standard view! We have never stayed here before and had a few questions. Do all the rooms have a daybed? I have read conflicting posts and descriptions about the rooms at BWI in regards to daybeds. We would love to have a daybed for my step-daughter, so we need to know if we would have to request it or not. Any room request suggestions? Does the boardwalk get really loud in the late evening? I have also heard the bus service is sub-par. We will have a car and will drive to AK, but will definitely take the bus to MK. And lastly, what is your favorite thing about BWI?

Where are your favorite places to eat in the BW/BC/YC area? I think we are wanting to at least try out Beaches & Cream.

Where are your favorite places to eat in the BW/BC/YC area? I think we are wanting to at least try out Beaches & Cream.

Depends what kinda food you like.....Plenty just around the 2 resorts, but remember you have a few at the Swan & Dolphin, and EPCOT is walking distance....There's soo much to choose from

Hey everyone! We are currently booked at BC for June 21st-26th and are thinking about switching to BWI-standard view! We have never stayed here before and had a few questions. Do all the rooms have a daybed? I have read conflicting posts and descriptions about the rooms at BWI in regards to daybeds. We would love to have a daybed for my step-daughter, so we need to know if we would have to request it or not. Any room request suggestions? Does the boardwalk get really loud in the late evening? I have also heard the bus service is sub-par. We will have a car and will drive to AK, but will definitely take the bus to MK. And lastly, what is your favorite thing about BWI?

I can't speak about the daybeds. For a standard room, you likely wouldn't be on the BW, so you wouldn't have to worry about the sound. We've found it varies, sometimes loud, sometimes fine. You definitely can't hear it from any rooms that don't face the BW! The busses have gotten better. The worse is downtown Disney, but that's bad from every resort! To the parks, they usually share with the Swan and Dolphin, but recently they've had dedicated busses to some of the parks at prime time mornings, which makes a big difference. My favorite thing is this. :)

Beaches and Cream is more about the fun experience than the food for us. The food is certainly good, not bad at all, but not great. The No Way Jose is a yummy sundae though. :)

If your budget can take signatures, our favorite restaurant in the area is Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Over the last 3 or 4 trips we've had fantastic meals there, and it's been the best meal on every trip.

Our next favorite is BlueZoo at the Dolphin. Great food and really strong drinks!
For non-signature, we really liked the new Italian restaurant that just opened, Trattorio Del Forno.

For a treat, Seashore Sweets has great ice cream. It's very off the radar. Really huge portions if you get two scoops, definitely for sharing!
Enjoy!

So I'm staying here 4/24-4/26 hoping to add the 23rd. First ever stay.

I have standard room right now but am thinking of adding BW view. Is the noise level bad? I just would love to wake up to a view like the pic above

Hello! I am thinking of booking a 1-bedroom villa for an 8-night stay for me, DH and DD. The whole BW area, pool, restaurants and proximity to parks is what has drawn me to the BWI/BWV.

I am a little confused about the BWI vs. BWV...are the villas located in a separate area from the main inn? What are our choices for location when booking a 1-bedroom villa? We would like a quiet room that is convenient to the pool and exits to theme park paths. Is there a good link/map that shows the various locations of the villas?

Thank you! This thread is amazing!

I have standard room right now but am thinking of adding BW view. Is the noise level bad? I just would love to wake up to a view like the pic above

I've stayed in a BWV room many times, but always on the 5th floor, and never really had any problems with noise.

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/VWL_Granny/media/BWVRoomViews.jpg.html

The lobby is the white 'square/rectangle' piece in the middle of the whole shebang. The rooms on the left side, as you can see, are the DVC (timeshare) Boardwalk Villas. To the right of the lobby is the Boardwalk Inn (regular hotel). There's a conference center way to the right, the white rectangle with some green trim, just above the parking lot. And to the left of it, that (relatively) tiny rectangle is where you'd get picked up by the bus to go to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney. (You walk or take the boat -- the dock is immediately behind the lobby -- to Epcot or the Studios.)

The Inn is a regular hotel with, I believe, a small fridge in every room. I've never stayed there, so don't know the details. The Villas are a timeshare and there are different categories of rooms. The studio is similar to the regular hotel room, with a small fridge and a microwave. The 1-bedroom you're speaking of would have a full kitchen (including oven, range, dishwasher, etc.) as well as a separate bedroom, jetted tub, living room with DVD player, and a stacked washer/dryer. A 2-bedroom puts those two types of rooms together with a connecting door between.

I know on the DVC side and assume on the Inn side as well there are various exits from stairwells on the non Boardwalk side of the resort. If you're going to the pool or walking to the Studios (at least from the DVC side) those are often handier than going to the elevator which is located by the lobby. You can ask to be close to the lobby, which would put you close to the elevators but also closer to potential noise sources (deliveries are often made at the service entrance next to the lobby entrance.) You can ask to be far from the lobby/elevators, which usually results in a 'quieter' room but the distance from the elevator to your room may seem endless. :-)

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/VWL_Granny/media/BWVRoomViews.jpg.html

The lobby is the white 'square/rectangle' piece in the middle of the whole shebang. The rooms on the left side, as you can see, are the DVC (timeshare) Boardwalk Villas. To the right of the lobby is the Boardwalk Inn (regular hotel). There's a conference center way to the right, the white rectangle with some green trim, just above the parking lot. And to the left of it, that (relatively) tiny rectangle is where you'd get picked up by the bus to go to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney. (You walk or take the boat -- the dock is immediately behind the lobby -- to Epcot or the Studios.)

The Inn is a regular hotel with, I believe, a small fridge in every room. I've never stayed there, so don't know the details. The Villas are a timeshare and there are different categories of rooms. The studio is similar to the regular hotel room, with a small fridge and a microwave. The 1-bedroom you're speaking of would have a full kitchen (including oven, range, dishwasher, etc.) as well as a separate bedroom, jetted tub, living room with DVD player, and a stacked washer/dryer. A 2-bedroom puts those two types of rooms together with a connecting door between.

I know on the DVC side and assume on the Inn side as well there are various exits from stairwells on the non Boardwalk side of the resort. If you're going to the pool or walking to the Studios (at least from the DVC side) those are often handier than going to the elevator which is located by the lobby. You can ask to be close to the lobby, which would put you close to the elevators but also closer to potential noise sources (deliveries are often made at the service entrance next to the lobby entrance.) You can ask to be far from the lobby/elevators, which usually results in a 'quieter' room but the distance from the elevator to your room may seem endless. :-)

Thank you! Are all of the villas (whether booking through DVC or WDW website) the same? I think we will book directly with WDW website because for a $400 savings, I don't feel comfortable with the DVC no cancellation policy. But I want to be sure that I'm getting the same type of 1-bedroom villa.

Yes, when you reserve a villa it would be one of the same rooms that a DVC member could book, no difference.

Hi! DH and I booked a Standard Studio at BWV through Orbitz. I did online check in and MDE says, "KCW-room only." I assume that's some code for being booked thru another agency, but does someone know for sure?? Also, I read that when you make a regular booking for DVC (not as a DVC member or points etc) the views you get for standard are actually better than the DVC standard view. My choices for the online check in were: Ground Floor, Upper Floor, or Lower floor, Near Lobby or Near Elevator, and Pool View. Does this confirm that it might be a better view than the DVC standard? I didn't even make a request since this is our first time there and I really don't know if I have a preference, but I'm just curious about possible rooms/views.
Also, I'd love to be added to the list of guests. We'll be staying 4/28 to 5/1 for our first time at F&G Festival.

I believe you are correct and the 'standard' room you've booked is actually a Preferred-Water/Garden view which you can get an idea of by the picture I linked to, above. I am also pretty sure that the "KCW - room only" is, like you say, a 'room only' reservation booked via agency KCW. A 'room only' reservation is simply one which is not a package deal, with tickets and possibly dining included, just the room. So you'll need to buy any theme park tickets and/or dining plans yourself. (You'll get a small fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and paper/plastic plates, silverware and drinkware in the Studio, fyi.)

I agree with psac about B&C. It's fun and now that you can make an ADR, it's worth trying. We enjoyed lunch there last summer. The grilled cheese was tasty and I loved the fat-free milkshake. And, YS is probably our favorite Signature Dining venue. Can't wait to eat there again in just under 3 weeks. Epcot is full of great choices and we love the Brown Derby at DHS. It's our first ADR on arrival day:hyper:

My favorite thing is this. :)

Never tire of that shot.

We had a CL room that was right above the buskers and right next to the Flying Fish sign. The view was gorgeous, but when the buskers are performing right beneath you, the music is loud and you can hear it from your room. Most don't mind though, but we're noise sensitive I guess you could say. And, although I love the boat horns, you are VERY close to the boats with a BWV. There were some nights we heard the horns well after midnight and very early in the morning. I'm a very early riser so that's not a problem for me, but I really didn't like hearing them so loudly late at night. You can request a box fan which would help add some white noise.

Hello! I am thinking of booking a 1-bedroom villa for an 8-night stay for me, DH and DD. The whole BW area, pool, restaurants and proximity to parks is what has drawn me to the BWI/BWV.

I am a little confused about the BWI vs. BWV...are the villas located in a separate area from the main inn? What are our choices for location when booking a 1-bedroom villa? We would like a quiet room that is convenient to the pool and exits to theme park paths. Is there a good link/map that shows the various locations of the villas?

Thank you! This thread is amazing!
The BWI/BWV map I posted at the top of this page shows the locations of everything.

Thank you! Are all of the villas (whether booking through DVC or WDW website) the same? I think we will book directly with WDW website because for a $400 savings, I don't feel comfortable with the DVC no cancellation policy. But I want to be sure that I'm getting the same type of 1-bedroom villa.
Booking a villa via the Walt Disney Travel Company is called a "cash reservation." The advantages are that you can apply applicable discounts, you'll receive daily housekeeping and you have a generous cancelation policy. The inventory pool is exactly the same as if you were an owner or renter using "points."

Hi! DH and I booked a Standard Studio at BWV through Orbitz. I did online check in and MDE says, "KCW-room only." I assume that's some code for being booked thru another agency, but does someone know for sure?? Also, I read that when you make a regular booking for DVC (not as a DVC member or points etc) the views you get for standard are actually better than the DVC standard view. My choices for the online check in were: Ground Floor, Upper Floor, or Lower floor, Near Lobby or Near Elevator, and Pool View. Does this confirm that it might be a better view than the DVC standard? I didn't even make a request since this is our first time there and I really don't know if I have a preference, but I'm just curious about possible rooms/views.
Also, I'd love to be added to the list of guests. We'll be staying 4/28 to 5/1 for our first time at F&G Festival.
I'd be happy to add your dates. I've seen many posting about the KCW code when using Orbitz, so I concluded that it's an Orbitz booking code from responses other posters have gotten.

I believe you are correct and the 'standard' room you've booked is actually a Preferred-Water/Garden view which you can get an idea of by the picture I linked to, above. I am also pretty sure that the "KCW - room only" is, like you say, a 'room only' reservation booked via agency KCW. A 'room only' reservation is simply one which is not a package deal, with tickets and possibly dining included, just the room. So you'll need to buy any theme park tickets and/or dining plans yourself. (You'll get a small fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and paper/plastic plates, silverware and drinkware in the Studio, fyi.)
:thumbsup2

Beaches n Cream is good. The tables are small, and just a few booths. There are not many tables, and an ADR helps.

I like ESPN club. It is bar food, pitchers of beer, and tvs everywhere, even in the bathrooms.

Both ESPN and B&C are not very expensive.

I also enjoy getting a lobster roll from the Boardwalk Bakery and eating outside while watching the Boardwalk nighttime entertainment.

I agree with psac about B&C. It's fun and now that you can make an ADR, it's worth trying. We enjoyed lunch there last summer. The grilled cheese was tasty and I loved the fat-free milkshake. And, YS is probably our favorite Signature Dining venue. Can't wait to eat there again in just under 3 weeks. Epcot is full of great choices and we love the Brown Derby at DHS. It's our first ADR on arrival day:hyper:

Never tire of that shot.

We had a CL room that was right above the buskers and right next to the Flying Fish sign. The view was gorgeous, but when the buskers are performing right beneath you, the music is loud and you can hear it from your room. Most don't mind though, but we're noise sensitive I guess you could say. And, although I love the boat horns, you are VERY close to the boats with a BWV. There were some nights we heard the horns well after midnight and very early in the morning. I'm a very early riser so that's not a problem for me, but I really didn't like hearing them so loudly late at night. You can request a box fan which would help add some white noise.

The BWI/BWV map I posted at the top of this page shows the locations of everything.

Booking a villa via the Walt Disney Travel Company is called a "cash reservation." The advantages are that you can apply applicable discounts, you'll receive daily housekeeping and you have a generous cancelation policy. The inventory pool is exactly the same as if you were an owner or renter using "points."

I'd be happy to add your dates. I've seen many posting about the KCW code when using Orbitz, so I concluded that it's an Orbitz booking code from responses other posters have gotten.

:thumbsup2

Three weeks?? I'm jealous! Enjoy!
(That's probably the same week we'll be in Vegas. Hmmm, I was going to say not the same, but both are a lot of fun and have plenty of ways to take your money. :) )

Could you please add my fiancé and I to the list of those travelling. We will be staying at BWI from 08/07 until 08/16. Our wedding will be at SeaBreeze Point on 08/13. Thanks!

:cool1:
I can't speak about the daybeds. For a standard room, you likely wouldn't be on the BW, so you wouldn't have to worry about the sound. We've found it varies, sometimes loud, sometimes fine. You definitely can't hear it from any rooms that don't face the BW! The busses have gotten better. The worse is downtown Disney, but that's bad from every resort! To the parks, they usually share with the Swan and Dolphin, but recently they've had dedicated busses to some of the parks at prime time mornings, which makes a big difference. My favorite thing is this. :)

Thank you for the input! We are excited to switch to BWI. I will request a daybed regardless! :) That view is amazing. That is exactly why I love the EPCOT resort area. It is so quiet and serene but yet close to everything!! :) Can't wait til June!! Only 108 more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter