Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Here are the possible configurations for rooms at the Boardwalk Inn:

2 Queens and 1 daybed
2 Queens
1 King and 1 daybed
1 King
I believe the villas are different. I think they have one queen bed and one full sleeper. I hadn't heard of them having pull down beds but it looks like they do in the above pictures.

I believe the villas are different. I think they have one queen bed and one full sleeper. I hadn't heard of them having pull down beds but it looks like they do in the above pictures.

Correct. That's why I specified the Boardwalk Inn. The Studios in the Villas have 1 queen bed and 1 double sleeper sofa.

Hello,
We are staying at BWV in a deluxe studio with pool or garden views. What requests should I put in? I would like a large balcony with some nice views

Thanks!

Wife made our FP+ selections for our December BWV trip. Each step makes it feel closer. Woo hoo!

We also booked an Alaskan cruise in June on the DCL Wonder when we were on the Fantasy two weeks ago, and we booked a five day trip at the Poly villas for March, but those are just side notes. Hehehehehe. 2016 is the Year of the Mouse for us!

Just FYI the pics posted are of a villas studio. Yes, they have a queen bed, sofa bed and a fold down from the TV. The 1 bedrooms do NOT have the fold down bed so they actually sleep less than the studios.

I loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing. We have never stayed there and plan on doing so next year. It's nice to see what the rooms will look like. I was wondering if your room had a murphy bed? It looks like one under the tv, but I haven't heard of them there so didn't know for sure.

Yes, that is a Murphy bed under the television. While we had no use for it, we did pull it out to take a peek--looked quite comfortable. I would note that with the addition of the bed, the table provided is fairly useless for anything but holding items. It isn't a convenient location to dine and watch TV because of the angle. When we would bring food back to the room; we utilized the sofa and coffee table in order to view the TV. Further, the white chest doesn't have a great deal of storage. Once we removed all of the extra bedding from it (storing the bedding on top of the closet), there was only enough room for the two of us to unpack. I can't imagine how 3-4 people will be able to unpack. This wasn't a problem in the old configuration.

Yes, that is a Murphy bed under the television. While we had no use for it, we did pull it out to take a peek--looked quite comfortable. I would note that with the addition of the bed, the table provided is fairly useless for anything but holding items. It isn't a convenient location to dine and watch TV because of the angle. When we would bring food back to the room; we utilized the sofa and coffee table in order to view the TV. Further, the white chest doesn't have a great deal of storage. Once we removed all of the extra bedding from it (storing the bedding on top of the closet), there was only enough room for the two of us to unpack. I can't imagine how 3-4 people will be able to unpack. This wasn't a problem in the old configuration.
Thanks again for all this info. I can give up storage for an extra bed. My daughter slept on a murphy bed at CBR last month and it was awesome. Nobody in our family likes to sleep with her because she moves around so much. I'm even more excited to stay here now because of the extra bed.

Page 2 rescue! I've been remiss in my itinerary planning for my December trip. I am 99% sure it is because of my GF trip with DH and I in 19 days :) I've been totally picking my must eat & drink list from F&W. In unrelated news, a few years ago my DH and I booked the same room I have now for GF and GF overbooked it and moved us to a YC suite. Weeeeelll, I dropped my vacuum on my big toe this morning and OUCH....wouldn't it be funny if GF overbooked us again and DH and I ended up in a BWI suite :)

And no, that would not be funny and I would not be happy BUUUT I wouldn't cry if we were in walking distance to Grey Goose Slushies. Happy planning BWI peeps!

Just FYI the pics posted are of a villas studio. Yes, they have a queen bed, sofa bed and a fold down from the TV. The 1 bedrooms do NOT have the fold down bed so they actually sleep less than the studios.

Which makes no sense. I always thought that if I was using more points, then I should get more people in the room and more bathrooms. The washer/dryer is nice with the 1 BR, but I could do without the others.

Page 2 rescue! I've been remiss in my itinerary planning for my December trip. I am 99% sure it is because of my GF trip with DH and I in 19 days :) I've been totally picking my must eat & drink list from F&W. In unrelated news, a few years ago my DH and I booked the same room I have now for GF and GF overbooked it and moved us to a YC suite. Weeeeelll, I dropped my vacuum on my big toe this morning and OUCH....wouldn't it be funny if GF overbooked us again and DH and I ended up in a BWI suite :)
!

Hope your toe is ok. Those vacuum cleaners can be trouble. :lmao:

I need to make my room location requests for my upcoming trip to our no kids allowed weekend at BWI CL room. Are there king bed rooms? What else should we request. I'd love a view of the Eiffel Tower - I think that's possible right? What else do I need to know. Are the CL rooms on different floors Sometimes than the lounge? What floor is the lounge on? I lacked doing the proper research because life got on the way and we had a week long trip at the end of sept/early October that I spent all my time getting ready for...

We were wondering if the amenities in the shower are still H2O+? DW likes the Sea Marine collection on DCL, but I think that's only available at GF. I've only seen the Bath Aquatics line at the resorts we've stayed at.

Thanks again for all this info. I can give up storage for an extra bed. My daughter slept on a murphy bed at CBR last month and it was awesome. Nobody in our family likes to sleep with her because she moves around so much. I'm even more excited to stay here now because of the extra bed.
The Murphy bed is being added with the current renovation. Not all rooms are done yet.

Which makes no sense. I always thought that if I was using more points, then I should get more people in the room and more bathrooms. The washer/dryer is nice with the 1 BR, but I could do without the others

From what I read, there's not enough room in the 1 bedroom because of the kitchen counter and chairs, plus the connecting door.

From what I read, there's not enough room in the 1 bedroom because of the kitchen counter and chairs, plus the connecting door.

That's what I hear as well. Although, I can't imagine there isn't a task Disney imagineering couldn't do if they allocated their resources. It just hasn't been as big of an issue for DVC until recently, when VGF & Poly studios were designed to sleep more since that was what this new set of buyers wanted. I liked the 1 BR and we've stayed in one at SSR and one at OKW. I imagine we will probably just be studio dwellers for the next 27 years.

We were wondering if the amenities in the shower are still H2O+? DW likes the Sea Marine collection on DCL, but I think that's only available at GF. I've only seen the Bath Aquatics line at the resorts we've stayed at.

It seems to be the grapefruit bergamot Disney-specific H2O items at the Boardwalk. I agree the DCL items are better, even for my guy hair I noticed a difference!! :)

I need to make my room location requests for my upcoming trip to our no kids allowed weekend at BWI CL room. Are there king bed rooms? What else should we request. I'd love a view of the Eiffel Tower - I think that's possible right? What else do I need to know. Are the CL rooms on different floors Sometimes than the lounge? What floor is the lounge on? I lacked doing the proper research because life got on the way and we had a week long trip at the end of sept/early October that I spent all my time getting ready for...
There are king bed rooms :) I don't know much else regarding requests. The CL lounge is 4th floor. I'd definitely reach out to IPO to at least request the king.

Our trip is down to 80 days away :D. This trip was booked about a year in advance so its been on the board for a long time o_O. We're staying in a studio at BWV. Heard they've been refurbed...........does anyone have any photo's they could share..........I've heard they're beautiful but would like a preview.:yay:

Thanks,

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!