Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi all! We just booked a 6 night stay at Boardwalk Villas Studio in May, using the new passholder discount. There will be myself, my husband and our two children (14 & 9). We have been to WDW numerous times, and have stayed at BWI once, but never the villas. Are there any major differences between the two that we need to be aware of? Are check in procedures and check in location the same? Any info appreciated!

Inn rooms have two queen beds. Villa Studios have a Queen bed and a sofa bed (and some have a Murphy style twin drop down bed in the TV cabinet - not sure if all of them have this now). Bathroom facilities are very similar, with the tub and shower in a small room, and the vanity outside. The studio will have a kitchenette with an under-counter size fridge instead of the smaller dorm size fridge, and it will have a microwave and toaster.

Check in procedures and location are the same for both - they share a common lobby.

Hello new friends, we just booked for a 4/1-4/9 stay for our first BWI stay! The past couple of summers we've stayed at the YC and are very excited to come across the lake to experience the Boardwalk! Needless to say I will be following this thread closely for tips and other BWI vacationers' experiences.

Hi all! We just booked a 6 night stay at Boardwalk Villas Studio in May, using the new passholder discount. There will be myself, my husband and our two children (14 & 9). We have been to WDW numerous times, and have stayed at BWI once, but never the villas. Are there any major differences between the two that we need to be aware of? Are check in procedures and check in location the same? Any info appreciated!
You check in at the same place, and your room will likely not be ready prior to 4:00. If you booked on cash, you'll still get housekeeping every day. You will just be on the other side of the resort and close to the Luna pool.

Hello everyone,

My husband and I will be returning to the Boardwalk Villas in November. But I'm excited this will be our first trip to the BWV as owners. Kook, please add us to "the List." 11/10-11/15/17 BWV Studio

Thanks!

Has anyone stayed there recently and had an Amazon Prime Now order delivered? I was curious if they were charging that $5 per package fee on Prime Now deliveries. I looked into Garden Grocer, but honestly with the DDP we really aren't going to need very many snacks.

The $5 per package service charge is currently being run as a test and only at the Values. And at the Values grocery services, Prime Pantry and Prime Now are not incurring the charge.

They are very close to the Inn side quiet pool. If you go from the lobby towards the elevators on the inn side, there is a little sitting area and outside of that are some stone steps that go down towards a little courtyard, and beyond that, the quiet pool. Once you go down those stone steps, the suites are on your left hand side.

Okay, now I know where they are, thanks. When I heard cottages I was thinking of stand alone edifices.

I just booked a last minute trip for March for my family of 5. We usually stay at the Grand Floridian. But I thought we'd change it up this time! How long is the boat ride to HS? My kids love Epcot so this will be perfect. If I was going to request a room location-where would you request? Either close to the big pool, or close to transportation, I'd say. I'm reading away at your thread as I know NOTHING about the resorts in this area! I'm intrigued about the boardwalk though!

We will be staying at BWI for the first time Mar. 29-April 3 after 7 nights at the French Quarter. We have stayed at the Yacht and Beach Club before, but we are looking forward to something new!! Any recommendations for standard rooms?

I just booked a last minute trip for March for my family of 5. We usually stay at the Grand Floridian. But I thought we'd change it up this time! How long is the boat ride to HS? My kids love Epcot so this will be perfect. If I was going to request a room location-where would you request? Either close to the big pool, or close to transportation, I'd say. I'm reading away at your thread as I know NOTHING about the resorts in this area! I'm intrigued about the boardwalk though!

The boat ride to HS depends on if you just missed a boat, but can be 15-30 minutes. Walking is 15-20 mimutes; varies with your pace. For me, I love the walk early in the morning, and I find I'm there before the boat when I've noticed th boat leave my at the same time. And unless there is a very small line for the boat when leaving, the walk back is quicker too. I only ride the boat if I'm really tired. Enjoy you vacation!

Happy to say I just booked BoardWalk for Wine & Dine weekend. Thinking I will make it a mother/daughter trip. When I stay it will check off the last deluxe on my list (after I stay at GF next month). I love the BoardWalk area and am excited to finally be staying there! Look forward to reading this thread until then :)

We booked 2 boardwalk view studios and 1 standard view 2 bedroom for October. I had to use 3 years worth of points, but we are traveling with my sisters family and my dad and his wife.

In the past we have only booked 1 or 2 rooms at a time. When we book 2 they always put us really close together. Even when we didn't request it. Even at Animal Kingdom when one was standard view and one savanna view they put us across the hall.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it seems like there is no possibility of us getting the 2 bedroom standard anywhere near the boardwalk view studios. Is that correct. I was trying to look at maps. I'm just not great at directions. :) It really isn't a huge deal. I was just planning on letting my family members use the washer and dryer and the kitchen in our 2 bedroom. I guess they will need to walk!

For people who are interested in upgrade stories, my 3 sons recently got back from a stay at BWI. They booked a standard room. About 2-3 days prior, they got a call asking if they wanted to upgrade to CL for $75 per day. We weren't expecting the offer and had to make a quick decision so turned it down as they are not in the room that much. Looking back, though, it was a super offer (std to CL for that amount). They ended up getting a smaller surprise upgrade, to water view (room 3267) which has a really nice balcony.

For people who are interested in upgrade stories, my 3 sons recently got back from a stay at BWI. They booked a standard room. About 2-3 days prior, they got a call asking if they wanted to upgrade to CL for $75 per day. We weren't expecting the offer and had to make a quick decision so turned it down as they are not in the room that much. Looking back, though, it was a super offer (std to CL for that amount). They ended up getting a smaller surprise upgrade, to water view (room 3267) which has a really nice balcony.

We got the same offer. Took it and loved it.

I hope you don't mind my question. I know it's been answered. I should have been keeping notes as I read! We are booked in a standard room at BWI. Can I get recommendations for room requests? Also, is it best to do online check in or check in upon arrival? Are there things I need to know about online check in? And lastly (sorry so many questions), we don't plan on checking in until late in the day (after supper), however we could check in first thing in the morning if you think there's an advantage to that. Open to any and all suggestions. (I guess this turned into several questions.)

I hope you don't mind my question. I know it's been answered. I should have been keeping notes as I read! We are booked in a standard room at BWI. Can I get recommendations for room requests? Also, is it best to do online check in or check in upon arrival? Are there things I need to know about online check in? And lastly (sorry so many questions), we don't plan on checking in until late in the day (after supper), however we could check in first thing in the morning if you think there's an advantage to that. Open to any and all suggestions. (I guess this turned into several questions.)

We had a standard view and requested the following: BLDG 1 Floor 4 or 5 East facing room. I specified that I was looking for a view of Illuminations. I think we were in room 5270. We had a great view of Spaceship Earth and the Eiffel Tower and could see Illuminations form our balcony

Edited to add we faxed this request 5 days prior to arrival and did online check in. Room number was texted to us while on Magical Express around 1pm. I probably specified upper floor on the online check in boxes if anything.

We had a standard view and requested the following: BLDG 1 Floor 4 or 5 East facing room. I specified that I was looking for a view of Illuminations. I think we were in room 5270. We had a great view of Spaceship Earth and the Eiffel Tower and could see Illuminations form our balcony

Edited to add we faxed this request 5 days prior to arrival and did online check in. Room number was texted to us while on Magical Express around 1pm. I probably specified upper floor on the online check in boxes if anything.
Thanks so much for the info!

As my trip gets closer, I'm in full planning mode. Question regarding surprise upgrades. Are my odds of a surprise upgrade better if I don't do online check in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter