Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

When was the last time in snowed in Orlando?

January 1977 was the last snow with accumulation that I am aware of, but we have had flurries since then. I totally get the comparison. I had to park in that lot once and it's a looooooong walk, especially if suitcases are involved.

I check into the BWI in mid-January. I am just hanging around for a few days with no real agenda, so I upgraded to club level in exchange for no park admission fees (that's my logic anyway!).

I have read through the posts but it's very unclear to me where the Innkeeper Club and related rooms are located. I have looked on several maps and couldn't find it either. Can anyone provide a quick description regarding where the club is located on the property? Thanks!

Thank you!

I have read through the posts but it's very unclear to me where the Innkeeper Club and related rooms are located. I have looked on several maps and couldn't find it either. Can anyone provide a quick description regarding where the club is located on the property? Thanks!

Thank you!
The CL lounge and most of the CL rooms are on the 4th floor just down from the elevators in the direction toward Crescent Lake and toward Epcot's International Gateway. The elevators are right at the edge of the main building and the Village Green area and there are rooms that go toward the front of the main building ( driveway ) and the CL rooms go around to the ESPN Zone.

There are also 5 Deluxe CL rooms on the 3rd floor and also there are 14 CL rooms that are known the Garden suites on the outside of the building near the quite pool. Most of them have a mailbox and a little front yard.

Dave

So excited to be checking into BWI on Thursday for a long weekend! This will be our first stay at the BWI. I was just wondering what type of Christmas decorations they have? I am so excited for my first deluxe stay during the holiday season!

Only 2 more days!!!!! I am so very excited! My grandchildren cannot understand why we are going without them. Little do they know they are going the end of January, it is their Christmas present! So looking forward to seeing all my friends in the lounge and celebrating my birthday.

No gingerbread house this year?

No, no gingerbread house. Just tables where they sell gingerbread stuff and they have gingerbread activities. The other day they were doing decorate your own gingerbread man. They had a posted schedule, but I really didn't look at it. :)

Very rainy day today. They're doing construction on the villas side on the Boardwalk during the day. It looks like some of the rooms above the shop (right under the lit Boardwalk sign) are out of commission. Which is why they called us the day before we arrived and actually offered us a credit to move from our BW view booking to the Village Green area, which we did. It's actually a nice change of scenery, and the credit will pay for a few nice meals.

Speaking of which, we tried the new Flying Fish menu for the first time on Sunday. It was a very good meal, but I would still put Yachtsman's above it. (We have YS on Thursday.). It's VERY different from the old menu, and much more upscale. The pork belly appetizer I had will probably win the award for best app of the trip, because it was crazy good. The waygu filet I had for main course was very good, but not even close to one of the best steaks I've ever had, as some other reviews have said. My wife really liked her fish dishes, but they were very rich. (And even upset her tummy.) The desserts were really artistic, I don't think the pictures capture how pretty they were. Overall I would probably give it a 8.5 out of 10, and expect to pay over $100 pp. We always do a number of signatures, so we'll go back again next year.

IMG_5139.JPG IMG_5141.JPG

The G was broken.
IMG_5131.JPG

But they fixed it the next day.

IMG_5197.JPG

As a side note, Ample Hills doesn't open until 2. We wanted ice cream for (a nice healthy) lunch yesterday, but it wasn't open yet, so we went for the Bakery instead. The old Seashore Sweets was always open earlier, so we could do the ice cream lunch after an early park morning. Oh well. The bakery salad/sandwich were good as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter