Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

all the pool son disney property are getting fences.. kind of annoying. if you
re carrying a lot of stuff. or your room is right by the pool, but you have to walk down to the gate.
the most annoying to me at pop century was, at the hippy dippy pool, all but one of the tables with umbrellas were outside the fence! we like to camp out at a table with a couple loungers.... lie in the sun a bit, jump in the water to cool off, lie in the sun,sit at the table in the shade for a bit. put out snacks and drinks on the table,, go to a lounger to read the paper,, go to the table and exchange the newspaper for my book, etc etc.

What kind of fence? Could you post a picture?

Look back a page or so for my review--I have a picture or two of the quiet pool on the Inn side--the fence and gates are the same on all three pools.

florida-2016-1-13-jpg.201499

Here is the main gate with fence around the quiet pool. BC, BCV pools have the same thing--didn't venture back to the YC quiet pool and it appears the fence is getting ready to go up around Stormalong Bay--Florida law apparently requires the fences. MBs are not needed to open the gates at this point.

Look back a page or so for my review--I have a picture or two of the quiet pool on the Inn side--the fence and gates are the same on all three pools.

florida-2016-1-13-jpg.201499

Here is the main gate with fence around the quiet pool. BC, BCV pools have the same thing--didn't venture back to the YC quiet pool and it appears the fence is getting ready to go up around Stormalong Bay--Florida law apparently requires the fences. MBs are not needed to open the gates at this point.

Thanks! I saw your 2nd post, but missed the first one.

So excited! I was able to apply the new Passholders discount to my marathon stay at BWV! I wasn't able to use the GP discount a few weeks ago and was afraid I would be stuck paying rack rate. Now I can start working on the NEXT trip at the end of January . . .

We stayed in a studio at BWV and loved it, our room faced the clown pool. The room was clean, quiet, and great location. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, you really can't beat the location. The bus transportation was so good here, never really crowded and the resort and parks were very crowded and the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS was so awesome. The staff was wonderful and helpful so this was a plus as well. The Boardwalk atmosphere was so fun as well, very lively and the ability to see fireworks from two parks was also a plus. Here is a picture of our room view, we were in 2060.
IMG_0585.JPG

EPCOT was nuts today. I knew weekends were bad, but Wynn they have to close the EPCOT lot and use Magic Kingdom as an overflow, it's really bad. We went in only four an 11:00 fastpass at Soarin' and the crowds are already building. I heard wait times of an hour at the Canada booth late in the afternoon. And don't forget, there are two queues!

Magic Kingdom was also pretty busy. What's going on? October used to be such a good month to go. I heard many states changed their school calendars which might have had an effect?

Magic Kingdom was also pretty busy. What's going on? October used to be such a good month to go. I heard many states changed their school calendars which might have had an effect?

Food and Wine is a big draw, as are the Halloween parties. I think Hurricane Matthew also had an effect, because anyone who could push their trip back a week very likely did so. I know the schools in our area don't get a week off in October. They usually have one day for Columbus Day and that's it. So it's not one big thing causing higher than normal crowds, but a lot of little things.

Food and Wine is a big draw, as are the Halloween parties. I think Hurricane Matthew also had an effect, because anyone who could push their trip back a week very likely did so. I know the schools in our area don't get a week off in October. They usually have one day for Columbus Day and that's it. So it's not one big thing causing higher than normal crowds, but a lot of little things.

The only saving grace is that the weather has been glorious.

Hey everyone. First want to say thanks to all who post it helps so much getting information. So here is my question. My wife and I are thinking about going mid January. We have been to Disney World several times and fell in love with the Boardwalk. We stay in the Garden Cottage club level. However, the last time we were there we called about the construction and was told not to worry it is no where near our room. (Mid July) They either lied or the CM was miss informed. We still had a good time and loved the room but it is was a little noisy outside by the pool, and there was construction material all around the outside of out room. Can someone tell me is the construction over? The website still has a notice. Thank you everyone.

For the folks who have stayed at BW in the last few months, does anyone know if the the Bakery is still making egg sandwiches for breakfast? Menu does not seem to offer anything hot. I know they did in the past, and hoping they still do!

For the folks who have stayed at BW in the last few months, does anyone know if the the Bakery is still making egg sandwiches for breakfast? Menu does not seem to offer anything hot. I know they did in the past, and hoping they still do!

We are here now and they do have the breakfast sandwich with eggs or egg whites served on a water roll, croissant, or bagel.

I have reservations at Boardwalk Villas for 12/10 to 12/14, 1 Bedroom Villa - Standard View. Any recommendations regarding room requests? (I do that when I click 'online check-in' right?)

Also, a question about campfire (smores?), as well as movies. Do those happen every night and if so, where can I find the schedule for them? (in fact, schedule for any other resort specific activities?)

I have reservations at Boardwalk Villas for 12/10 to 12/14, 1 Bedroom Villa - Standard View. Any recommendations regarding room requests? (I do that when I click 'online check-in' right?)

Personally, I would request a room close to the elevators. I didn't request that on my current vacation and we are the farthest room from the elevators and it takes forever to get anywhere. Who needs to walk even more to just get to your room after a day at the parks? o_O

Hi everyone joining in we just switched our March trip from the YC to the BWI with the Disney Visa promotion and saved some money. So excited to be staying at the BWI again.
Could you please add us to the list :goodvibes

We are still a long way away, but we will at BWV in a 1 Bedroom suite from September 13-23, 2017 :)

It'll be my wife, 3 boys (5,3,1) and myself! I'm looking forward to being within walking distance to Epcot and HS!

Personally, I would request a room close to the elevators. I didn't request that on my current vacation and we are the farthest room from the elevators and it takes forever to get anywhere. Who needs to walk even more to just get to your room after a day at the parks? o_O
My husband, daughter, and I will be at Boardwalk Villas in December in a 2 bedroom and we have also heard to request a room near the elevators. Let me ask one question, though. Since they allow you to give two requests, do you know if they give your first request top priority? We would love to have a room near an elevator and that is definitely a top priority. It would also be nice to have a top floor room, but that's not nearly as important. If we request a room near an elevator first, if that is absolutely the most important, should we leave our second request blank or go ahead and request a top floor. I would hate for them to say, "Well, we don't have a top floor near an elevator. We have a second floor kind of near an elevator, but not really close enough to be considered "near" and a top floor far from the elevator. Let's give her the top floor." I'd rather be as close to an elevator as possible. Does that make sense?

One thing that I'm getting 'conflicting' recommendations from reading various posts. (reminder - I have a standard view 1 bedroom). I've heard 'near elevators', but I've also heard 'front of bus area' (which my understanding is that it's not near elevators.. it's far down the hall but you have a quick out to the buses). Undecided what to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter