Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Is the entertainment (games, street performers, etc...) on the boardwalk offered nightly during the summer months? Or select/random nights?
When we were there in August, it was every night. It was rainy a couple of nights and the performers moved inside -- one was in the main lobby and another was in the area off the Belle Vue Lounge. When we went back in December, I think they were out every night, too. I just remember the summer better.

Hi! We're staying at BWV for the first time this February and were planning on grabbing breakfast at the bakery 1 or 2 mornings. I've been checking the menu on MDE and it looks like all the hot offerings are gone- only muffins, etc now. Has anyone eaten here recently and had or remember seeing any egg dishes? I know the menus on MDE can sometimes be glitchy so wanted to check. Thanks so much! :D

Was there in October and they had breakfast Sandwhiches and cones...

Hi there, I'm so happy to join this thread again. After spending 9 glorious nights at BWV 2 years ago, we'll be staying for another 9 nights, this time at the BWI from 6/2 - 6/11. We were at the GF a couple of months ago and CBR last June, so I am beyond excited to get back "home" to the Epcot resorts area.

Welcome back home to Crescent Lake:). I'll log your dates.

First ever stay for us Feb 22-25!!!

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on booking your first-ever stay at BWI. I'll add you dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.

Afternoon tea sandwiches offer in the CL lounge..they were delicious!

And here are a few of the there afternoon offerings...

There were also an assortment of gummies and gold fish, m&ms pretzels..along with little snack bags for them...which I thought was a nice touch!

The tea sandwiches were delicious. ..cucumber and butter...who would have thought!!

It's always about the food! !

Yum and thank you for the photos! I'll have to move them over to the CL chapter soon. The bolded is so true with CL and WDW in general - so much food, so little time.

We did too.....so bummed.....taking our family for their first trip to DW and wondering how it will impact their first impression and vacation and whether we should switch resorts?

We received the letter today as well for our Feb. 26-March3 trip. I'm hoping that it won't be that much of a problem for the Inn side. I remember seeing a picture on the boards a few months back showing the cherry picker machines in front of the Inn side painting so I'm really hoping they are done painting that side. As far as the work on the Flying Fish and other stores along the boardwalk I hope that they are doing mostly interior work as we will be in the CL rooms above them. I did think the letters went out a little late since we booked this months ago and we are under a month to go so even if I wanted to switch resorts my choices would be limited. Thinking positive but my mind keeps seeing tarps all along the balconies and my view being large green tarps!:)

Really is kind of late notification. ..we will be there soon...so will be happy to report back on our experience. ..and what if any renovation actives are going on...

Btw...page two rescue!!! :tilt:

Thanks for your offer to report the status after your trip. That would certainly help ease my worries with a hands-on report!!! :)

Last edited:
Hi Just watched someone streaming live from The Boardwalk. You could see as they were around the village green the whole area was walled off. Is this for the construction of Flying Fish?

Hi Just watched someone streaming live from The Boardwalk. You could see as they were around the village green the whole area was walled off. Is this for the construction of Flying Fish?
Would you have a link to this? I swear whenever I go to Disney walls follow me. When my husband and I went two years ago we only lasted about an hour at Disney Springs due to the walls. I don't know what I was expecting but we felt like cattle being herded down chutes! We will be at the BWI CL in about three weeks and I fear the walls again. This is somewhat joking and I feel like I'm being childish but ugh walls!

Would you have a link to this? I swear whenever I go to Disney walls follow me. When my husband and I went two years ago we only lasted about an hour at Disney Springs due to the walls. I don't know what I was expecting but we felt like cattle being herded down chutes! We will be at the BWI CL in about three weeks and I fear the walls again. This is somewhat joking and I feel like I'm being childish but ugh walls!

Here's the archive of the live stream from earlier today... I thoroughly enjoyed all 68 minutes of it (the majority of it is the BW, but the last part covers the BC/YC). My 8 year old did comment that there were "too many workers", LOL. Hopefully, there'll be a lot less by the time our June trip rolls around.

http://***************.com/

I received my letter about the construction as well. We're not going until late June or early July. It doesn't seem like I should be concerned but the letter was a little unnerving. I don't want to switch or rather I don't think I can because we've rented DVC points to stay at BWV! What do you think? non event?

We're doing a split stay in April, with the last half being at the Inn. I didn't get a letter yet- hope the construction isn't too intrusive.

I received my letter about the construction as well. We're not going until late June or early July. It doesn't seem like I should be concerned but the letter was a little unnerving. I don't want to switch or rather I don't think I can because we've rented DVC points to stay at BWV! What do you think? non event?

I know that everyone has a different opinion about this...but we have stayed at the GF and Poly both during construction...and really have not had our general experience impacted...I guess there are some variables that would make a difference...as we stayed at the Poly during the winter..so pool construction made no difference....Room was still lovely...dining and shopping options still available...Disney does tend to do a good job on trying not to let refurbs be too intrustive ...so I would say..if its a resort that you really enjoy...you might want to just stay put...

I know that everyone has a different opinion about this...but we have stayed at the GF and Poly both during construction...and really have not had our general experience impacted...I guess there are some variables that would make a difference...as we stayed at the Poly during the winter..so pool construction made no difference....Room was still lovely...dining and shopping options still available...Disney does tend to do a good job on trying not to let refurbs be too intrustive ...so I would say..if its a resort that you really enjoy...you might want to just stay put...
We love the Boardwalk and I am so thankful for your feedback. I didn't want to switch. The only time we did switch resorts was when we were staying at the BC over Spring Break and SAB was having major work. We happily switched to BWI! My husband agreed to this 8 day trip only if we could spend time at the Boardwalk! Except for Seashore Sweets we weren't planning on stopping at any of the places that are closed. We'll be heading over to Beaches and Cream for our ice cream fix. Tough life :D
Thanks again!

I just saw a link of what the BWI looks like right now on the Rumor board! Not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this, so now I'm hoping that they get done with that before we arrive at the end of the month. The whole main entrance is encased in scaffolding and walls are all along the village green area. Knowing my luck with walls I will probably be put in one of the "new" CL rooms that overlook the village green and the walls. I will just keep thinking happy thoughts for the next three weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter