Disney's best eats article on CNN

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by mike45248, Aug 17, 2011.

1. mike45248

mike45248 Mouseketeer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SusieBea

SusieBea DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that! :goodvibes

4. candielips

candielips DIS Veteran

thanks for the link although I notice they got the pricing wrong on the TH breakfast.

5. 2forMe

2forMe DIS Veteran

Yeah I think they got most of the buffet breakfasts wrong...$15 would be a steal:rotfl2:

6. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

Thanks!

7. DonnaDuck333

DonnaDuck333 Mouseketeer

Thankyou for the link, have to wonder though if these were the only restaurants they tryed because I see Captains Grill made there eatery list and the menu of theirs and the taste is very underwhelming in taste and best describe as average fare or less than.... The two new restaurants are a nice addition to some of the better eatries though.... Just was taken a back by the Captains Grill getting an honorable mention....:confused3

8. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

I don't think they were giving Captain's signature status. If you read the reviews of Captain's on Allearsnet you will find that most folks think Captain's Grill is a good place to eat.

9. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

I have to agree about Captains Grille, it's a glorified coffee shop type restaurant.if it was in a typical hotel people would be less than wowed. Not a destination meal IMO. Can't believe they left off artists point or one of the AKL places in favor of it.now Yachtsman I could see....

10. DonnaDuck333

DonnaDuck333 Mouseketeer

I am just going by the title best earteries in disney, I happen to disagree and was just honestly surprised, ate there a couple times and been to disney 20 years twice a year and tryed it at least every other trip to give it another go, we stay at beach club, last trip we all said, it is what it is and the dishes are still under whelming to us... In all fairness I am a caterer by profession and cook for a living so I am probably harder on reveiws than others, I strive for perfection in my dishes so my expectations are high... Just one gals opinion, and well that don't mean much really, sure other find it good or adequate there.. :thumbsup2

11. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

If you look at it they gave you 1 CS- La Cantina de San Angel, 2 newer TS restaurants- La Hacienda and Via Napoli, 1 signature- Narcoossee's, 1 character meal- TH and 1 non-signature resort restaurant. If they purposely broke it down that way, I can't argue Captain's Grille being on the list (are The Wave, Boatwright's, GFC, etc. really any better than it?).

However, Narcoossee's has no business being on this list. I have no idea the last time the writer has been there but it's been a while since it's had a "quiet interior" that "encourages you to slow down, cool off and enjoy some time with your friends and family." It's been going downhill from some time and in no way deserves to be mentioned before Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, Artist Point or CG.

12. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Six BEST eats??
    Oh well--it's their magazine.

13. DonnaDuck333

DonnaDuck333 Mouseketeer

I would of said The Wave over Captin Grill, their pairing of the sides with their entrees are very nice, the pork and the sweet potatos and the warm spinch and bacon was a nice marriage of flavors that complimented each other, it woke up my taste buds in a good way... Again everyones opinion is going to vary on here, makes it interesting...:wizard:

14. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

My thoughts exactly! I must be having trouble grasping their criteria for determining "the best."

15. Peter Pirate 2

Peter Pirate 2 <font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I

It's obviously just a paid for puff piece.

16. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Ugh, I hate what passes for journalism these days. Matters of opinion aside, even a travel piece should be factually correct. Narcoosees open for lunch? $15 to 36 per person? Puh-leeze! Is basic fact checking too much to ask of a major magazine or news outlet?

17. JACKNAG

JACKNAG DIS Veteran

I have to wonder about the paid puff piece also. You can always get into Captains Grill whether a walk-in or a reservation. I think this is Disney just trying to steer the free dining masses to a less crowded restaurant. I'm suprised Shutter's wasn't on the list also :lmao:

18. lizzyb

lizzyb DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!

19. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link.

I wouldn't describe Narcoossee's as quiet by a stretch! They also got it wrong about being open for lunch.

20. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

I personally completely agree with Captains Grille. It is a great one service resort restaurant. The menu options are unique and a great three course one price meal option. They just redid their dessert menu and I had an amazing chocolate giuanduja cake. I feel Captains Grille is a hidden gem. It is pretty fancy in there too for a one credit meal! I really like it there!

21. eliza61

eliza61 http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/images

:thumbsup2

the 15 dollar price tag was what made me realize the author had no idea.