Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

This thread is great! I came to find out about mini-fridges in the LM rooms and I'm assuming from what I've read there is one?

Also I'll say hello as I'm staying at AoA in a LM room in March and OH MY I CAN'T WAIT! It's been my dream to go to WDW for so long and I wasn't sure it would ever happen, and if it did I was sure it would be offsite. And now not only am I going but I'm staying onsite at the most "Disney-fied" themed resort of them all. We just booked today and it hasn't quite sunk in yet!!

Awww! Congrats on your first trip! Your excitement makes me excited. We are staying at Finding Nemo in September. This will be our first stay at AoA.

Awww! Congrats on your first trip! Your excitement makes me excited. We are staying at Finding Nemo in September. This will be our first stay at AoA.

The post your replying to was me, logged into my aunt's account, ooops! xD

How exciting! September isn't far at all! I don't know how I'm going to survive till March haha!

Staying in AoA is seriously like a dream for me, I never thought it would happen!

The post your replying to was me, logged into my aunt's account, ooops! xD

How exciting! September isn't far at all! I don't know how I'm going to survive till March haha!

Staying in AoA is seriously like a dream for me, I never thought it would happen!

Lol.. Is your aunt going with you? Dis is how I am surviving until our trip. It is like therapy, highly recommend. Have a magical vacation.

Thank you so much for this thread. We're staying in the LM room in August and this thread has answered so many questions.

One question though, we have an ADR at Akershus for breakfast at 8:20 a.m. What time would you recommend getting to the buses to make that, or would driving to Epcot be better that day?

Thanks!

Just thought of a few more questions!

1. Are the pools heated? What are the normal opening hours for these?
2. Can you refill your refillable mugs 24hrs or does that stop when the food court closes?
3. I know there's free WiFi, can you actually get it in your room?
4. Are there any payphones around the resort?

Thanks for any help guys! :goodvibes

SheriffWoodyHowdy said:
Thank you so much for this thread. We're staying in the LM room in August and this thread has answered so many questions.

One question though, we have an ADR at Akershus for breakfast at 8:20 a.m. What time would you recommend getting to the buses to make that, or would driving to Epcot be better that day?

Thanks!

I would be at the bus stop by 7:15.

Entertaining the idea of a finding nemo suite for our August trip...if so, what are good requests to make? Easy access to food court and bus. View of lake perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our LM room was in the Ursula building, I think that's building 8. Anyway we had a top floor, corner room. Our view was of the pool and in the distance the parking. It was a great room. To our surprise we could watch the fireworks perfectly from the room! It wasn't that far of a walk to the food court either.

Yes there is a mini fridge in the room!

What fireworks are you guys seeing from the rooms?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yeah the fireworks are from Epcot but I believe more can be seen than just those but I could be wrong. I thought I saw other fireworks off in the distance. Maybe I'm loosing it :crazy:

To answer some other questions floating around:
The pools are heated.

In a Nemo suite I would request close to the food court although there really isn't a bad spot in that section.

I didn't notice any payphones.

The WiFi was spotty. Sometimes it was good in the room and other times it was not.

For an 8:20 AM ADR at Epcot, I would be at the bus stop at 7AM. Leave yourself enough time for the bus to come, load, transport you and then getting through security check at the park, walking through to the WS and then checking into the restaurant.

2. Can you refill your refillable mugs 24hrs or does that stop when the food court closes?

Not 24 hrs for the food court, but the food court is open from 6am to midnight. There is also a refill station at the The Drop Off pool bar. I don't know the hours on that station -- it may be 24 hours, but I am not sure.

3. I know there's free WiFi, can you actually get it in your room?

Thanks for any help guys! :goodvibes

Great questions! I want to find out the answers also!

I'm pretty sure the refill station at the pool has the same metal window thingie that closes it off when the bar does.

I think I've read that the pools are heated but they didn't feel like it while we were there. Maybe it is seasonal?

We had wifi in the room and didn't have any trouble with it.

I'm not sure about payphones. If there are any I'm guessing they'd be in the lobby area.

Chavaleh said:
I'm pretty sure the refill station at the pool has the same metal window thingie that closes it off when the bar does.

I think I've read that the pools are heated but they didn't feel like it while we were there. Maybe it is seasonal?

We had wifi in the room and didn't have any trouble with it.

I'm not sure about payphones. If there are any I'm guessing they'd be in the lobby area.

Payphone? What's a payphone? Do you mean a pre - paid cell phone?

Ha ha. Just kidding! I'm well over 20 and remember those ;)

Rowanonfire said:

As far as heated pools go,it is supposed to be but when we stayed this past March the water was so cold both in morning and afternoon.

Thanks for any help guys!

There are pay phones in Animation Hall. Photos below from this easywdw.com report.

loiujhasjkad57.jpg

loiujhasjkad60.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys! Very helpful. =) Needed to know about the payphones especially as we're from the UK so the cost of calling home on the room phones would be extortionate! Good to know there is one. =)

Just our if curiosity, whereabouts in the LM rooms is the mini-fridge? How many bottles of water etc will it fit?

Rowanonfire said:
Thanks for the responses guys! Very helpful. =) Needed to know about the payphones especially as we're from the UK so the cost of calling home on the room phones would be extortionate! Good to know there is one. =)

Just our if curiosity, whereabouts in the LM rooms is the mini-fridge? How many bottles of water etc will it fit?

We use Skype to call home to Canada. Not always the clearest but it's free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter