Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMcCP

KMcCP DIS Veteran

We've done both in the past - used the bus or rented a car - and we're renting a car again this year when we go in December. In pricing it out it's less than $200. Which may seem like a lot, but I know I will worry constantly about getting to ADRs etc on time. I like being able to come and go as I please - and since we've planned some "off time" during our stay we'll be able to drive off site if wanted.

As for clothes and what to wear from a PP - I'm going with layers this time around. When we went in Dec two years ago - it was nice during the days (I wore jean and a fleece all week) and very cold at night. Some days were warmer than others. I'm a new englander and usually wear flip flops until it snows so my cold tolerance is very high. So pack a little of everything!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kbarrett

kbarrett Mouseketeer

If anyone has done online check in for AoA could u tell me if you can make requests such as close to transportation or ground floor?????

4. TempusFugit

TempusFugit Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Thanks for the tip. We're Disney Visa card holders so we're already on it. Can always use more though!

5. penni520

penni520 Mouseketeer

You need to call Disney and put your request in before you do on-line check in. Because when you do on-line check in you CAN"T put in a request.

6. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Online check-in does allow a limited set of requests depending on the resort options. "Ground floor" and "Near transportation" are choices available during online check-in for other resorts such as Pop Century. Pop also now allows you to request specific sections during online check-in, which isn't usually applicable to AoA because of how rooms are booked there.

I don't know the specific choices available for AoA but yes there are request options available during online check-in for AoA.

7. stephie1012

stephie1012 DIS Veteran

The only option for AoA online check in was to request a pack n play. We called with our requests about 2 weeks ahead of time.

8. delilah18

delilah18 DIS Veteran

We stayed from September 29th and left October 7th, we had a third floor room Building 7 facing the lake, Ursula building.
    What a great room, very quiet room was bigger then I expected it to be, the CM's were great they really went out of their way to help us. Got a lot of Pixie Dust this trip. It was our kids first trip and we both have not been in over 15years so it was great, very very hot. Found the walk to the food court ok, not too bad but not too short. Mousekeeping was great they gave us lots of soaps and shampoos, we had our own car, so we drove to all the parks. Long drive from Canada, I think next time we will fly. Over all I loved this resort, but I think next time I will pay to be closer to Magic Kingdom because that was were we spend most of our time, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

9. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

So excited we are checking in tonight!

10. candielips

candielips DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me the layout of the wheelchair accessible Little Mermaid Rooms?

11. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

Have fun! And post updates for those of us that are still 42 days from leaving! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

12. kim3339

kim3339 DIS Veteran

Thanks! Usually I'm ok w/ the regular diet coke while at the parks, but I'm going Marathon weekend and know I'll have a hard enough time falling asleep race eve w/ nerves and I can imagine what the caffine will do. :rotfl2: I'll just order online. Thanks again!

13. sixkristy6

sixkristy6 DIS Veteran

We're staying in LM and I know it will be quite a walk to get drink refills. Can we refill our refillable mugs, dump it into a separate container, then refill the mug and again dump it into another container to leave in the fridge?

Or would that be tacky? I don't see a problem with it but what do you think? I was going to bring a small rubbermaid container for beverages for that purpose.

14. NE Goofy

NE Goofy Earning My Ears

What discount?

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

16. Jays2013

Jays2013 Mouseketeer

Those who have stayed: Finding Nemo or Lion King? We're waffling. :) Anyone in the FN suites, did you find them to be affected by the pool noise?

17. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

I'm wondering the same thing and have been going back and forth for months. I have Nemo booked but I keep looking at the LK section closest to AH........

18. jimandami

jimandami DIS Veteran

We switched to LK because we were worried about pool noise and wanted to be close to AH. We were very close but we didn't realize they would be playing the nightly movie right outside our room!!! Talk about loud.

19. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

If this were the refillable mug thread we'd call this "debate." :-)

My opinion is....yeah, it's tacky.

20. KapBoy77

KapBoy77 Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

We originally had LK and I decided to switch to FN with a pool side view lol. I'm not worried about noise and wanted to be close to everything.

Strategically the FN seemed to be the best building for access to everything.

21. myneverland

myneverland Mouseketeer

Yup. Free parking for those staying on property. I can't stand to wait around. I vacation on my own schedule. But, sometimes if our family/group splits up, some of us will take a bus here or there. Nice to have the option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.