Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

In the lobby area of Animation Hall there is a drawing lesson activity held throughout the day.

Yes, there should be room enough for you to keep your folded stroller in the room. With a single stroller in a value standard room, we tend to keep it parked in front of the window.

Yes, the master bedrooms have a TV in addition to the TV in the main sitting area.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. schmeve

schmeve Disney Nerd :-)

Thank You!

4. sammielynn

sammielynn DIS Veteran

There are plenty of towels (no towels at pool)and they leave bar soap and combination shampoo and conditioner.

5. jpessa

jpessa Addicted to Disney

Just to clarify, they don't have the towels at the pool like the moderates? First time staying at a Value, have a LM room booked for September 29th, can't wait!!! My DD (3) is OBSESSED with Ariel. She's going to LOSE HER MIND when we walk in!

6. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

I thought someone had written on a previous thread that towels WERE available at the pools? If not, would you all bring your room towels down there? I hate to do that but I also dread filling suitcases with 5 beach towels if I really don't need to....

7. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

I just read both yes and no to my own question on Disney parks mom panel..... Anyone been recently who can verify???

8. mnmhouston

mnmhouston Mouseketeer

No towels provided at any of the values. Must bring your own or use the room towels.

9. Chavaleh

Chavaleh Mouseketeer

44 more days!!!! :banana: Would love to hear some recent reports or see some new pictures to help feed my anticipation.

10. schmeve

schmeve Disney Nerd :-)

I have 44 more days too!

11. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Sometimes at Pop Century there will be a rack of extra towels in the elevator areas for those who need some for the pool or whatever. They may do this at Art of Animation too.

But the main point is that there are no towel dispensers at the value resorts pools, so you need to plan to use your room towels. Asking for more should not be an issue.

12. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

No they do not unfortunately. :)

13. Chavaleh

Chavaleh Mouseketeer

Eh? Everything I've seen and heard indicates that there is a tv in the bedroom with the door and a tv in the main room?

14. kandlsutton5

kandlsutton5 Earning My Ears

Yes there are two TVs. One in the living room and one in the master bedroom.

15. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

Has anyone had any luck getting LM rooms when they are sold out? My trip is over 4 mos. out and I was only able to get a few nights there so I will be spending a lot of time on the wdw website looking for those nights to open up. I'm so worried b/c I need 2 rooms and did not anticipate them being filled this far out.

16. Steph2527

Steph2527 DIS Veteran

I'm nervous ,we have 3 nights booked at AOA LM in 2 weeks and they are sold out, a little worried about crowds while at the resort.

17. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

We're going in 2 weeks and its a pretty low-moderate crowd week. The LM rooms are always sold out, they are in high demand. I dont think any other sections are sold as i just booked one for a client the other day

18. michigandergirl

michigandergirl Earning My Ears

Hello! This is my very first post, although I've been lurking for awhile. We have reserved a Finding Nemo suite for Thanksgiving week. We are so excited! This will be my 4th time to DW and our 2nd family trip. I love Disney planning and these boards are great! :thumbsup2

19. Jays2013

Jays2013 Mouseketeer

Yes, they do! It was a big plus for DH.

20. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

You should be there after Spring Break, so it should die down. But from what I have been hearing, this whole year has been more crowded than previous years, even the slow weeks. That being said, the LM rooms are just selling out fast because they are new and not many of them. I think in the next year or so, they will be open more. The distance is very far for most people. I know other resorts have rooms just as far out, but these seem even further as you have to walk outside.
    I don't mind walking, but the inconvenience to the food court for the refillable mug kind of annoyed me. This really did seem further to me than others and I stayed REALLY far out at AKL. But walking inside made it feel better or shorter.

21. 2009CAN

2009CAN Mouseketeer

Can you get an adjoining standard room with a family suite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.