Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chavaleh

Chavaleh Mouseketeer

Great! Sounds a lot better than Pop was (for us).

Yup! We already have one but I'm thinking I should pick up another. It was definitely useful last time.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney2013

Disney2013 Earning My Ears

We just got home from a 10 day stay at AoA. We fell in love with the resort, it was great!!!!!! My DH and I visited WDW 17 years ago, so when we started planning this trip I knew I needed to do ALOT of research because so much had changed. I'm so thankful for all of the posts regarding AoA, it helped me to plan an absolute amazing trip. The things that I was worried about, like the distance from the buses to the rooms, or to refill mugs, not having enough space in our suite for 6 of us-it all turned out fabulous. The walks really were not bad at all, and we had plenty of room with myself, DH, DD18, DS13, DS9 and DS7. Our 2 married daughters and there kids stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and they loved them!!!!! Also, the buses ran very conveniently as well!!!!! We really have no complaints, and will be planning another stay at AoA!!!

4. mickeyfan0805

mickeyfan0805 Mouseketeer

Do they have life vests available at the pool(s)? If so, are they available at all of the pools or just the main?

5. disney-akj

disney-akj DIS Veteran

Any idea if there is a hair wrap station by the pool? One poster believed there was. Anyone else remember seeing one?

6. Marblies

Marblies DIS Veteran

I don't recall seeing one. You can walk over to POP for hair wrapping.

7. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Yes, you can expect to find life vests at all three of the pools.

8. Ivonne

Ivonne Mouseketeer

Staying at the lion king section. What kind of toiletries do they leave??? Towels??? Really excited to stay at AOA.........

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. disney-akj

disney-akj DIS Veteran

Thanks! That won't work though. My DD13 wants a wrap. I was hoping she would be able to get one close to the pool while my DD11 and DS7 were swimming. That way I could monitor all 3 children at once. I trust DD13 to be close by getting a hair wrap by herself. Sending her to POP by herself isn't going to happen :rotfl:

10. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

You could walk over to Pop and use the pool there (though technically you aren't supposed to) and have her get her hair wrapped. It wouldn't take too long. I do think they have them in the parks at a few spots too.

11. mickeyfan0805

mickeyfan0805 Mouseketeer

Thx!

12. happywifeandmom

happywifeandmom Earning My Ears

this might not help much, but we've stayed several times at the POFQ and POR and each time I've seen hair wrapping being done at the boat dock at POR (just outside the door to Boatwrights Restaurant). if you have the time to get there, you could have her hair done, take a ride on the canopy bikes (i forget what they're called) and/or take a boat ride to Downtown Disney and back. ;)

13. JM1226

JM1226 Mouseketeer

Do the suites have an iron & ironing board in them?

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

The suites and the standard rooms have them.

15. SpectroMagic*o*

SpectroMagic*o* Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Ive never been to AoA yet, first trip there next month..anyone know if they do the movie nights like Pop and a lot of other resorts do?

16. 2Pirates2Princesses

2Pirates2Princesses DIS Veteran

I read that they do the nightly big screen movies over in the Lion King area of the resort.

17. SpectroMagic*o*

SpectroMagic*o* Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Great! Thank you! :thumbsup2

18. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 <font color=green>I love it! Bad football team, go

We will be at a Nemo suite 4/7-4/15. I am soooo excited!:cool1:

Thanks so much for this thread. I have not read all of it (wish I could, but apparently, I am expected to work for some of the day, lol), but I had a lot of questions answered from what I did read!

19. pixxi

pixxi Mouseketeer

Since it is AOA, do they have any special animation classes, people drawing or special section to buy art supplies? My daughter has been into drawing Disney characters the last few years.

20. schmeve

schmeve Disney Nerd :-)

I can't WAIT to stay in a LM room!! I'm so excited, its my all time favorite Disney princess movie. It was my first movie in a theater lol.

Anyway, I've tried to read through the entire thread but my two kids keep needing stuff (the nerve!) hahaha. We are renting a double city mini and it just dawned on me....will this fit in our room folded or should we keep it in our car (We're driving from the Philly area) when we get back from the parks?

21. JM1226

JM1226 Mouseketeer

Does the Suites have TV's in the bedrooms?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.