Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disneyfans95

disneyfans95 DIS Veteran

What does this have to do with the resort? Sorry but hit the parks forum for that stuff.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. smidgy

smidgy dimples

what time is the flight home? maybe you could squeeze something in in the morning. (although that wouldn't be very good use of a ticket)

the safari ride is cool. we LOVE the "Finding Nemo, the musical " show, and the Festival of the Lion King show. I might split a day between AK and epcot.

thing is you can only squeeze so much into a little time.. you don't want to drive yourselves nutz!

4. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

We only have three days. I am going to do AK in the morning for two of our days. My kids love AK.

5. Steph2527

Steph2527 DIS Veteran

So excited!! We are going for a short trip April 10-th-13th to look at wedding venues, and planned on staying at POP b/c AOA wasn't available at all (rack rate obviously)...and i happened to look today, and it was available now!! So excited, i booked it immediately!! I can't wait!!

6. 1tufgt

1tufgt DIS Veteran

Planning to stay in the mermaid section this fall. Our girls will love it. Can't wait.

7. Jimbo352

Jimbo352 Earning My Ears

I am looking to stay at AoA in August with my twins, they will be 2 1/2 yrs old. Is this the right resort to stay at. And any other suggestions on going there with 2.5 yr olds I would love some feedback! Like should I bring my stroller or rent? Thanks again!

8. 3Rouselings

3Rouselings Counting down to our third trip May 2015!

I am heading down to AoA the first week of May and we are SO excited! I am just wondering if anyone saw any door decorations? When we stayed at All Star Music a lot of people decorated their windows which I thought was super cute and we would like to do our door but don't want to be the only family!

9. DISvirgin1

DISvirgin1 Mouseketeer

We didn't want to deal with a stroller at the airport so we rented from a company and had one delivered to our hotel. BUT the double stroller we own is more for younger kids (our girls are 6 & 7) anyway. If you have a decent double stroller you can save a lot of money bringing it. I don't know what rooms you want to stay in, but the Cars suites and the LM rooms are far from the main building - we were very glad to have a stroller after a long day at the parks to go back to the room.
    I would think your kids would love the splash pad at the main pool area. Even my kids thought it was cool and they can swim.

10. Marblies

Marblies DIS Veteran

The pool is perfect for little ones with the zero entry. I saw lots of young families toddling around the edges and having a blast!

I bought about 10 colourful paper fish from a party store and put magnets on the back. Then put them on the front door. It was actually fun watching the fish migrate their way down the corridor onto other doors. I think they looked so much like the little mermaid decor that other people assumed they were part of the resort. At the end of our stay we shared them around.
    We also made an extensive window display with an Ursula cave and treasures. Not sure if anyone saw it, but we LOVED coming home to it and our mousekeeper had fun with our stuff too! Do it for yourselves!

11. MyTwoPrincesses

MyTwoPrincesses DIS Veteran

(Disclaimer: I am a resort switch-a-holic)

I just switched my reservation from May 9-15 to the Art of Animation. Right now I'm reserved for a Lion King Suite. My 2 year old is OBSESSED with "King Lion." I was planning on 2 rooms at Coronado Springs (and before that, 2 rooms at Pop but I don't really like the decor at Pop, and before that an AsMu suite, but I don't care for AsMu's decor or the fact that the rooms look kind of tired). But, I am drawn to the pool and splash area at AoA and I know my kids will LOVE the theming. I am worried that the theming may be a bit "much" for the grown-ups as we have only stayed at Mods before, but I decided to give AoA a try!

12. squirrel4569

squirrel4569 DIS Veteran

Your girls will LOVE AoA and you probably will too. We stayed there for Thanksgiving in the LM rooms and the decor is awesome. Each area really makes you feel like you are in the movie from top to bottom. Since we were in the LM area we walked through the LK area a lot and it's very cool. You're also in between two pools, which is nice. The Nemo pool is cool because they play music under the water.

Have a great trip!

13. cmsb

cmsb Earning My Ears

We had 4 adults and 2 kids and everyone loved the resort! Some of us were in the Cars section and some in LM and the theming of the resort was one of the highlights of the trip. The resort overall was great and I'm sure your family will love it!

14. catra121

catra121 DIS Veteran

I am very excited to say that I have decided that my upcoming trip in September will be a stay in a Lion King suite at AoA!!

I am very excited. This is a special trip with my brother and our cousin (who will be joining us half way through the stay...and yes we will put him on the reservation for length of stay so everything is on the up and up). We are all in our 20s and this will be my cousin's first trip ever to Disney World! That probably has me more excited than anything...I wish he could stay all week but we will make do with three full days plus arrival and departure day for him. Anyway...Lion King is his favorite Disney movie and I just thought this resort would be perfect.

So that will be two boys plus me (a girl) and I am looking forward to all the space, three beds, having my own bathroom, a kitchenette for easy snacks and stuff, and a new resort to add to my list of places I have stayed at. I seriously considered the LM rooms for my solo trip in April but they are more expensive than the rooms at Pop where I ended up booking instead. I can't wait to skip across the bridge (figuratively speaking) to visit AoA while I am at Pop in April though.

This is going to be so fun to stay there with my cousin for his first trip to Disney. I know some people are kind of "meh" about the over the top Disney decorations at the values but I am so pumped to share that side of Disney with a newbie. Oh...and my brother has never gone on a trip without the parents to Disney so I am looking forward to sharing this new experience with him as well. He's not as over the top Disney crazy as me but I think we will have a blast at AoA.

15. mickeyfan0805

mickeyfan0805 Mouseketeer

Just checked in for our April trip. It never provided me with an option to provide a preferred room location or request for bed rails. Do I have to call to place these requests? I thought I was able to do it online, and would rather not sit n hold calling if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

16. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

um how did you check in on an April trip. It's only March 1.

17. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

You can check in 60 days prior. It was recently changed.

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes. The new and "improved":rotfl2: website was supposed to allow you to enter requests, both predetermined and free form, upon online check-in. But as with many other "features", this has not gone as planned. Until they get all the kinks worked out, it is still recommended to call and have any requests added to your reservation.

19. smidgy

smidgy dimples

we have "changitis" too. hubby calls it "I tink, therefore I am" he loves to tinker with a trip.

but you should STOP!!! now. you will love AOA!

we will me at pop for 2 nights, april 15 and 16, then LM roos at AOA for 6 nights after. (we grew up in Chicago, but live in the fox valley area now).

I will be watching for a lone girl skipping along the bridge!!! and I will join you!!!:hippie:

20. LikeSeriously

LikeSeriously Mouseketeer

I have a question about parking at AoA. I know we can handle the walk from LM in the mornings but I'm not sure how my 7 year old will handle the walk back at night. We won't have a stroller and neither of us can carry her very far.

Since we are driving, not flying, is there parking located closer to the Bus Stop? Like can we drive from LM to the Bus and leave our car there so we can drive back at night? I know if there's parking, it wouldn't be guaranteed availability. I just can't picture the layout and wondering if there's a parking area there or not.

21. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, you will see there is parking in front of the bus stops.:thumbsup2

Although, depending on how close you end up parking to the bus stops in the AM and how close you can park to your room at night you may end up walking further than if you skipped the car altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.