Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

That's my understanding. It has to be that week, or they would be using hotel rooms over Thanksgiving weekend and no way would Disney go for that.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. katiegirl

katiegirl Earning My Ears

:sad: BOO snow/rain day here but in just 9 days we'll be in t-shirts checking in to the Cars section!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: pixiedust: SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

4. heycher

heycher Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a good picture or description of the coffee pot in the family suites?

I want to bring our own coffee and need to know what supplies and type of coffee to bring (grounds, pods, etc..)

Anyone have a pic?

5. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

Google Images for Senseo Pods. Except I don't think the machines are actual Senseo but that same type of machine.

They are small flat disks (coffee filter material) that look like mini uncrustables.

You want the small individual disks.

6. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

7. mommykds

mommykds All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,

We usually have AP's but this is the first time in a long time that we are just buying a 5 day ticket for pur upcoming trip. Can you purchase park tickets at the AoA lobby desk? Thank you!

8. cheezNE1

cheezNE1 member since 2006

Anyone know what the bus route is for Animation resort. Does it share with the All-Stars or other resorts?

9. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

It doesn't share with any other resort.

10. H20DogsNDisney

H20DogsNDisney DIS Veteran

Couple questions sorry if some have asked this already.

In the rooms/suites
    Do they have Paper Products, Paper towls and napkins?
    Do they have Forkes, spoons ect.
    I'd like to know so If I need to buy anything thanks.
    Trying to plan AoA trip.

11. heycher

heycher Mouseketeer

12. heycher

heycher Mouseketeer

Hi!

Travelling to AoA March 1-8 with a senior and an infant. Being close to Animation Hall is quite important for us. I think we are in Lion King. Can you kind experts please give me tips as to which rooms are closest? I looked at the map, and see that there is a certain part of the lion king buildings that appear closest, but are there exits and sidewalks at the ends of those buildings? Or do we have to go to the building's center to exit and enter?

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

13. kordoyne

kordoyne Earning My Ears

Do they still do "Movies Under the Stars" at AoA? If so, where do they have it and is there a site to see what movies are playing?

14. cheezNE1

cheezNE1 member since 2006

That's great. looking to try it out on Xmas week. :cool1:

15. lynypixie

lynypixie Mouseketeer

In 6 days I will be sleeping with Zazu over my head!

16. ZoeisMommy

ZoeisMommy ºoº Earning My Ears

Watch this site for the new dates....

http://www.popwarnersb.com/12superbowl/pop.asp

I'd assume that's correct though....although it could always be something different

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

17. mom2cgj

mom2cgj Mouseketeer

Here now and loving it! We are in the LK suites. Bldg 10 would be closest, as long As you are on the end closest to AH. We are on the 3rd floor and have used the stairs on the end most of the time instead of the elevator. I assume there is a door on the first floor there but haven't paid attention. I can look tomorrow if I remember!

18. mom2cgj

mom2cgj Mouseketeer

Yes they do. It's shown in the LK courtyard at 7:00 (at least right now). Tonight was Tinkerbell. I know we got a list when we checked in, but you can google art of animation movies and there is a sight that lists them (sorry I can't temember what it was!). That site listed them as being by the pool though, and that is incorrect.

19. jenhum

jenhum Earning My Ears

Did you have a courtyard view? If so, were the movies loud enough to bother you? I'm afraid they might do the movies later when we are there (April) and didn't know if noise would be an issue for the courtyard facing rooms in LK.

20. becfehr

becfehr DIS Veteran

Ok. How cool is this? While not being able to sleep in the middle of the night because it just wasn't cool enough, I was bored and so, I decide to just send Disney world an email through their "contact us" link on their website, just so they were aware of the well known AC issue. Well... We got back from the park today, had a voicemail on our room phone saying that our AC system had been reset! It was showing 68 as lowest before, now on 65 and very comfy!!
    THANK YOU DISNEY!

Also, after a second look this morning about the Murphy beds and I'm going to change my answer to: yes, 2 average size adults could sleep in it.

21. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Pop Warner is ALWAYS 9 days after Thanksgiving day. You can count on it. So in 2013 it is December 7-14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.