Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countdown to AoA Cars Suite...96 days! So close!

Going to start making some trip tshirts this week for the family.

Just posting to see my ticker since I think we'll be there around the same time!! Woot Woot! :banana:

ETA: Nope! One week later, ha! :) Still Woot Woot!!

I like online check in - I feel like they know when to expect us and when we're going to leave (generally early in the morning). Often we arrive way before the 'official' check in time and they have our room ready (which I love!)

As for overbooking I have my heart set on a LM room - however if they offered me a Royal room (whatever it's actually called) at POR or any room at AKL I'd take those in a heartbeat!

We cannot wait until May 2013 when our family will be back for our second Disney trip. We are staying in a Nemo suite, my kids have no idea but they are going to be very excited!

I've only been to WDW one other time and I didn't do online check in. What's the advantage? Guaranteeing a room? That would make sense

The main advantage for online check-in is that your room packet and keys are waiting for you when you arrive. There is also a special online check-in queue or desk (although I have not seen the photo of it at AoA yet with those new open desks).

I know I will have a room somewhere. I know they won't leave me without a place to go. I just want a LM room. Not to be bussed to AS Sports or something. This is our last trip to WDW for 6 years and I just really want to be at AoA!

If you think the online checking could help my worries then that's what I'll do.

I guess my real question is how often does something like overbooking happen? Perhaps I should start a new thread to ask

If you haven't already, yes, a main thread in the resorts forum area may help you to get experienced answered on overbooking.

But, unless I'm just not seeing or reading those threads, I don't get the sense that Disney does overbooking routinely, or that it's even something to worry about.

Online check in isn't going to hurt your room assignment at all, but it's not in place to make sure you're not moved or upgraded. I like online check-in...plus I can't help but do it within 10 days of arrival because it's exciting to do.

I suspect a "worst case" at AoA would be that they may offer you an AoA suite instead, and even in that case, you could likely have them move you to LM as soon as something opened up.

I have so many LM questions and I know some of you do as well! I started to keep a list so I do not forget. I am so anxious for 9/15 so I can find out more! 70 days for us! That means around 41 days for LM (I don't know the exact number of days)

Checking in Sept 22 for 5 nights in a LM room. We're driving down from NC and won't arrive until at least 9pm. I've read stories about hotels overbooking their rooms. Anyone know if Disney does this? I'm worried that since we're arriving late for a popular room they won't have one left for us. I don't want to move to another value resort. Anyone know if I'm guaranteed to get my room no matter how late I check in?

You would probably still be in AoA, just maybe in a suite since they seem not to be filling up; that's not a bad upgrade at all! :thumbsup2

Subbing :).

Sorry, not meaning to sound stupid (sure feel like it though), but what does it mean when a post just says 'subbing'? Thanks.

Subbing means that they've subscribed to the thread to get email updates when people post to this thread. At the top right there's a menu for Thread Tools and you can subscribe to the thread there.

I am nervous about the walk from the LM section to the buses and the food court though. Hopefully it won't be too bad of a walk.

I was curious also, so I went on Google Earth and used its measuring tool. From the farthest room in the farthest building to bus stop was .35 of a mile. Wow!

From the same spot to the back entrance of the main hall is .3 of a mile. Wow again.

I sure hope they put in drink stations at LM. That's going to be quite a haul...

Here is a picture of the drink station at The Drop Off pool bar, which is next to the pool in the Nemo section. So far this is the only non food court drink station at AoA.

The picture is from this easywdw report on Art of Animation.

loiujhasjkad179.jpg

How do they keep people from using regular cups on it? Are the mugs RFID like the ones at All Star Sports?

How do they keep people from using regular cups on it? Are the mugs RFID like the ones at All Star Sports?

No worries, the cost of all that extra soda is figured into the price of the suites. :rotfl2:
Seriously, as of now, it appears to be an honor system. A previous poster who has already been to AoA said that she was filling her cups at an unmanned drink station and a security CM walked towards her. When he saw that she was using her Disney mugs, he smiled and walked away.

Can anyone give me an idea of the walking times from the Cars and Lion King Bldgs to Animation Hall? Also, are the Nemo rooms close to a parking lot?

Thinking of booking for April :cool1: but would like something convenient to Animation Hall as well as to a parking lot. The one Cars bldg looks way out there and I am envisioning dragging 3 tired kids to our room at night...not fun!

Thanks.

There are no RFID chips in the AoA refillable mugs, or anywhere else on property at the moment. The bar and the refill station are inside the pool fence, and if that gate is working with the key cards, you need to be an AoA guest to enter. Not a system to lock down the refills, but there is some barrier to entry. An AoA guest could still break the rules though.

Can anyone give me an idea of the walking times from the Cars and Lion King Bldgs to Animation Hall? Also, are the Nemo rooms close to a parking lot?

The walk from Cars and Lion King will be 3-5 minutes tops. Unless you're strolling even 5 minutes may be a stretch. Like at Pop Century, the actual buildings are really closer to the main hall than it would seem when you look at a map.

If you will have a car, the Nemo buildings won't be as convenient to parking as the Cars and Lion King sections will be. In particular, building 10 LK and building 1 Cars will be both close to Animation Hall and close to parking.

We will be headed to AoA in three weeks with 5 adults and 2 babies. I know crazy! I have a question for the bed situation. Which bed is better for two adults, the couch bed or inova table bed? Can anyone speak from experience?
Thanks for the help in advance!

Joining in! DH, DD and I are going to be at POR in November but my parents just announced they want us all to go back in January so.... I just booked AoA Little Mermaid rooms! So excited!!!! :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter