Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickyashley

mickyashley Earning My Ears

We will be on our first trip to stay at Disney in 10 Days!!
    We went last Dec. for the first time on a Make A Wish trip.
    We are staying at the Finding Nemo section and I was wondering if the $14 refillable mug is sold at AOA.
    If anyone knows , I appreciate it.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. heartpooh

heartpooh Earning My Ears

Yes it is...but I believe it is $15.99 now!!

4. Loodlow

Loodlow Mouseketeer

Help! I am packing and can only find the usb charger for my phone! I wasnt planning on bringing my laptop, do I need to run out and buy a charger, or are there USB ports in the suites? TIA!

5. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

You can probably find one of those plugs that goes in the wall that you can plug the usb in for cheap. I got mine on amazon cheap, but I am sure stores carry them too.

6. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

It is. I bought one in Oct.

7. Jacquie.1023

Jacquie.1023 Earning My Ears

How is the transportation for AOA? I remember staying at All Stars and the buses seemed to come less often than other hotels. On average how often were you guys standing in line waiting for buses?

Thank you!

8. raven0855

raven0855 Mouseketeer

1. a balloon. To help with the sensor. I said so I have to buy a balloon-No they provided me with a latex balloon that was deflated by morning.

2. a box fan. Not a lot of room for it.

3. to have engineering come to the room a 2nd time to look at the thermostat.

4. switch rooms.

I wasnt really satisfied as there was still no way to really cool it down. So I said yes to 1-3 and then went over to POP to see if a room was available there. When I spoke to one of the managers she said she would call AoA and see what she could do. What I think happened at that point is they had someone install the "medical" thermostat because when we came back to the room the temp was set to 65 degrees.

9. raven0855

raven0855 Mouseketeer

Yes you can. It will be tight.

10. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

Is the medical therm. Actually a different control box or something? Or they just do an override? I bet as time goes on they get more & more complaints so they eventually lower the minimum temp.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

11. raven0855

raven0855 Mouseketeer

Not 100% sure. I know there was some sort of tool involved because the engineer came back later to ask if he left it. We were not in the room when it was changed (ironically) so Im not sure how it worked.

I was told that the 68 degrees is a global initiative that all of the resorts adhere to. It started sometime last year. What I dont understand about that though is why AoA acted so surprised that I was complaining about the temp. I learned about it when I went to Pop to complain.

12. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure there is no wired connection.

13. sasquatch

sasquatch Mouseketeer

Hoping to have the same question answered. I'm considering AOA or Pop and will be using the internal bus system.

14. Mom2Luci

Mom2Luci Mouseketeer

When we were there in October, the busses ran fairly frequently. The only time we waited more than 10 mins was after MNSSHP. I DID overhear people complaining about the busses to the water parks, but we only hit the big 4, so I don't have first hand knowledge.

15. jimandami

jimandami DIS Veteran

We were at AoA in Sept and had very few problems with the busses. We never waited more than 10 minutes at the resort, and that was when we walked up when a bus had just pulled away. The worst thing I could say is that the busses were pretty crowded at night when we left the parks, but that will be true of any resort!

16. LaurieN

LaurieN DIS Veteran

We just spent 3 nights ( Thanksgiving weekend) and with the exception of 1 morning the busses were great!!! Only waited about 5 minutes for buses both to and from parks. That one morning we were headed to Animal Kingdom was crazy; the line was so long with 4 wheelchairs and 2 scooters. Had we not gotten out of line and taken a cab we would have had to wait for a third bus. I have to say that was the exception though, we were very impressed with the buses overall this trip!

17. disneyfan2kids

disneyfan2kids DIS Veteran

Never been to AoA... but the sq ft is 277 of those rooms. I have stayed at the All-Star resorts several times and they are only 260 sq ft and I could've had a pack-n-play in there if I wanted. Either in between the beds, in the vanity area (before bathroom) or over by the table/chairs if you push them against the wall.

So, my guess is "yes" you can fit a pack-n-play in there.

Word! :thumbsup2

18. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

I would say there's room for one also. we stayed at Sports last year and had no problem with one. We didn't use one at AoA this year but I think it could've easily fit it.

19. OnePrincessMom

OnePrincessMom Mouseketeer

Would they deliver that to our room? Thanks.

20. disneydreamfan14

disneydreamfan14 See Ya Real Soon!

Buses are not bad at all. We never waited more than 10 minutes (except one day for MK, we were near the back of the line and didn't make the first bus to come by, a 15 minute extra wait). They run fairly frequently.

From MK back to AoA, there were two buses for AoA loading at once, right after Wishes.I didn't see two buses loading at once for any other resorts, maybe it was an exception.

From AK, maybe 10 minute wait.

From EPCOT, maybe a 5 minute wait.

From HS, we waited 5 (for a TTC bus) but saw AoA buses going around.

Overall, they transport is great. However, if no AoA bus is in sight, and you don't mind walking a bit, hop on a POP bus if one is loading. Then walk across Hourglass Lake from POP back to AoA, probably take the same or less amount of time as waiting for the AoA bus.

21. disneydreamfan14

disneydreamfan14 See Ya Real Soon!

ALSO, one last transport tip:

The line for Hollywood Studios was ALWAYS very long whenever we were in line (around 8:30 AM) to leave AoA. Get to the AoA bus line a little earlier than regular if youre planning on going to HS in the morning. That was our experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.