Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome! #2

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by yellowfish78, May 12, 2013.

1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Once on the bus, travel time to the parks is something like this:

HS 5-10 minutes
    EP 10-15 minutes
    AK 15-20 minutes
    MK 20-25 minutes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. estherhead

estherhead DIS Veteran

4. hglenn

hglenn Earning My Ears

We also stayed in bldg 1 and said we would request that bldg next time. Very convenient just as you mentioned!

5. Jenmia

Jenmia Earning My Ears

We are here now at the AOA Cars Suite Building 2 4th floor. So far everything has been great. Rooms are nice and clean. Beds are comfy. Rooms are very cold. My only compliant would be the noise in the halls. Really I think it's just people letting their young children run and scream down the hall at any hour of the day. And i mean some of them are screaming down the hall. I heard a child at 630am and have been hearing kids till at least 1130pm. Also the door is kind of loud when it closes so that can be heard too. If noise is an issue I would bring a sound machine or ear plugs.

6. Becca0711

Becca0711 Earning My Ears

Mater!

7. KanataDad

KanataDad Mouseketeer

Anyone just recently visited AoA Little Mermaid room. We just wanted to know if they replaced all their fridges with new working one?
    Thanks.

8. CaraMiaBelle

CaraMiaBelle DIS Veteran

Any particular reason?

9. KaLyn

KaLyn DIS Veteran

I heard (perhaps somewhere on here?) that they have finished replacing them. I want to say the job was completed around the first week of the month but I haven't seen anything "official".

10. KaLyn

KaLyn DIS Veteran

11. KanataDad

KanataDad Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the link.:yay:

12. marym821

marym821 Earning My Ears

Has anyone seen any decorated windows at AOA this fall? We are going in three weeks and were thinking about decorating them.

13. hglenn

hglenn Earning My Ears

I was there Labor Day week and didn't see any. Saw a few at Pop, but nothing at AoA. And we did walk around the resort to the other areas, too.

14. hglenn

hglenn Earning My Ears

I was there Labor Day week and didn't see anything. Saw a few at Pop but nothing at AoA. And we walked to the various areas, too.

15. Blessed_wth_Triplets

Blessed_wth_Triplets DIS Veteran

I just went to do online checking for our AoA suite and the only special request option was for a pack n play?? Is this normal?

16. Jenmia

Jenmia Earning My Ears

Anyone here at AOA right now?? We are leaving today and have half a case of water.

17. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes, the options during online check in have always been very limited. It is always best to call and have any requests added to your reservation.

18. magictam2

magictam2 Mouseketeer

The thread dropped to page 4. We can't have that. I'm at 64 days till we leave for sunny Florida. Weather here is cold with a small chance of snow on the benches. I'm already dreading winter!

Has anyone here experienced fastpass+ and magicbands? Rumors are November is now open for both. I arrive 11/30 but nothing for me.....yet, I hope.

Have a great day.

19. CaraMiaBelle

CaraMiaBelle DIS Veteran

Yes, I was able to get both last night. You have to be 60 out though, so check back then! :)

20. kalee45

kalee45 Mouseketeer

We wont be arriving until late May. Do you think the Magic Bands and FP+ will all be fully out by then?

21. gorkt

gorkt Mouseketeer

Anyone care to share the best room locations for the finding Nemo area? I was thinking a water view might be nice, but is it far from the food court and buses?