Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We will be in a Cars suite! Can't wait for Dec 2015! Can't wait!

We stayed in Cars suite last Oct. Loved it! My DS used to be obsessed with Cars but grew out of it, but still loved it. The detailing is really cool, and of course having two separate rooms (and washrooms) is great. Have a great trip!

Question for my 1st trip to Little Marmaid at A & A

Planing a trip for June 2016. Have stayed at CB the last two time.

Does the area of Little Marmaid have laundromat and it is?
Do this room have a mini-refrigerator?
How is the distance from this room area to the main building and bus stop in distance and time?

Thank you in advance for the info.

Question for my 1st trip to Little Marmaid at A & A

Planing a trip for June 2016. Have stayed at CB the last two time.

Does the area of Little Marmaid have laundromat and it is?

Yes, next to the Flippin' Fins Pool.

Do this room have a mini-refrigerator?

Yup.

How is the distance from this room area to the main building and bus stop in distance and time?

About 7-9 minutes depending on your pace.

First Post! Just wanted to say that I will be Disney- AOA Finding Nemo suite bound in 26 days for a complete family surprise. No one knows but me and the surprise (1.5 years in the making) is about to kill me. The wife, 3 kids and mother in law have no idea, they only think we are going to the beach! SOOOO ready to let this outta the bag! First trip in adulthood for me, complete first trip for everyone else.

Last edited:
Just booked our 1st stay at AOA!!! We will only be there for 2 nights prior to a Disney Cruise so we are staying in a LM room. It will be DH and I and our 3 kids (ages 11, 9 and 1 at time of travel!!) So excited to check out AOA, one of the resorts we haven't stayed at yet!

So, just returned from a week in a Cars suite. Very nice. Had read through this thread before going and got some useful info. But something that wasn't mentioned was exhaust fans in bathrooms. Appear to activated by motion sensors. I would prefer a simple on/off switch but I guess it's green technology to put them on sensors. So, here's a tip that maybe everybody else figured out for themselves and were just too polite to mention. If you're sitting on a toilet and just sitting there, the exhaust fan will turn off after just a couple of minutes. But if you wave your arms vigorously over your head, you can get it started again. Assume this is the case with all suite bathrooms. Don't know about Little Mermaid. Never pooped in a Little Mermaid room. TMI? Only my third post to forums, and possibly third inappropriate post.

So, just returned from a week in a Cars suite. Very nice. Had read through this thread before going and got some useful info. But something that wasn't mentioned was exhaust fans in bathrooms. Appear to activated by motion sensors. I would prefer a simple on/off switch but I guess it's green technology to put them on sensors. So, here's a tip that maybe everybody else figured out for themselves and were just too polite to mention. If you're sitting on a toilet and just sitting there, the exhaust fan will turn off after just a couple of minutes. But if you wave your arms vigorously over your head, you can get it started again. Assume this is the case with all suite bathrooms. Don't know about Little Mermaid. Never pooped in a Little Mermaid room. TMI? Only my third post to forums, and possibly third inappropriate post.

Oh you had me totally laughing out loud, and then I needed to read your post to my niece so she could laugh too. I have stayed in a Little Mermaid room and the fans are the same. I find it especially annoying when in the shower and the exhaust fan turns off. I would wave my hand outside of the shower curtain to turn it back on. :)

I'm staying in a Little Mermaid Room in December, and this just might be the single most helpful thing I've read in this entire thread. :cutie: :thumbsup2 :laughing:

AoA is cute but I would never pass up the chance to stay at AKL! No comparison there IMO.

We love AoA, and stay there primarily for the family suites, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to stay at AKL either. That is a totally different league and experience from AoA!

How far are the bus stops for AOA from the entrance to the parks?

In my experience they have always been one of the furthest bus stops at all the theme parks. They were the furthest out at MK and 2nd only to Pop at Epcot and DAK. Similar at DHS as well, although memory isn't serving me to well, and it's only been a month since we were last there.

I read in another thread that the resort gift shops have started carrying cases of water. Can anyone tell me if AoA is? Traveling in September with our 6 month old and need water to mix w/his formula to make his bottles. Thanks!

First Post! Just wanted to say that I will be Disney- AOA Finding Nemo suite bound in 26 days for a complete family surprise. No one knows but me and the surprise (1.5 years in the making) is about to kill me. The wife, 3 kids and mother in law have no idea, they only think we are going to the beach! SOOOO ready to let this outta the bag! First trip in adulthood for me, complete first trip for everyone else.

So happy for you!!!! Have a great trip!

I read in another thread that the resort gift shops have started carrying cases of water. Can anyone tell me if AoA is? Traveling in September with our 6 month old and need water to mix w/his formula to make his bottles. Thanks!

They had the cases of water in the coolers at Landscape of Flavors when we were there 3 weeks ago. It was $16 for twenty-four 12oz bottles of Dasani. Still not as cheap as buying them at home, but not too bad in the scheme of things.

Questions for those who have ordered through Amazon Pantry or Garden Grocer and delivered to AoA:

1. How far ahead did you order and was the package there when you checked in?
2. Were the items in your room or were they in a holding area at the front desk?

First time having stuff ordered/shipped directly to a resort and I'm worried that something will go wrong...any helpful tips are appreciated!

In the process of booking a LM room at AOA for the Princess Half Marathon weekend! So looking forward to staying at a new resort, and can't wait to check out the incredible theming that AOA has!

We did garden grocer last year and everything was in holding. You just
Go tell holding or call them to deliver it, ours was delivered within minutes of checking in

Hi everyone! I hope this is the right place to ask this question...

I booked a family suite at AoA using a offer code sent in the mail. The only rooms left were the Cars suites (for that particular discount). Now, I'm sure the rooms are awesome, but it wouldn't be my first choice theme. Has anyone had any experience with switching themes before or upon check-in? Like if I send/fax a request? Or are you pretty much locked into your theme?

Thank you!

Hi everyone! I hope this is the right place to ask this question...

I booked a family suite at AoA using a offer code sent in the mail. The only rooms left were the Cars suites (for that particular discount). Now, I'm sure the rooms are awesome, but it wouldn't be my first choice theme. Has anyone had any experience with switching themes before or upon check-in? Like if I send/fax a request? Or are you pretty much locked into your theme?

Thank you!

I can't help with your question, because I've only stayed in the Little Mermaid Standard room, but I did take a walk around the whole resort and I loved the cars section. It is so much fun and it's the only pool on property with FREE areas to protect you from the sun. The cones are fun. :) I hope you get what you want, but you may enjoy the Cars section as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter