Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I don't know about air mattresses, but the sofa and table are both double size beds (the bedroom is a queen). My DH and I shared a double the first few years of our marriage. Sharing a double is definitely do-able at least a few nights. With 6 people and 3 beds, I wouldn't bring an air mattress unless there was an instance of people not wanting to sleep with opposite sex. I would consider bringing one air mattress in that case.

Yes this is our problem as I mentioned- two families, (myself and my sister in law and 4 kids) so its tricky who will sleep with who ! I will sleep with one of my dd's and my sil "could" sleep with my niece but that isn't ideal for many reasons I don't want to share. That leaves my adult dd and my 14yo nephew needing their own bed so we need at least one airbed but two would be better.

Thanks!
This is encouraging my sil is driving so she can put two airbeds in the car just in case.
And we will keep trying for one/two more nights in a mermaid room in the meantime :)

The sofa bed and the table bed are the same size (or within a few inches).

My daughter used an air mattress in the suite. We put it next to the sofa bed, in front of the kitchenette. We had planned to use a second one for my other daughter (8yo at the time) but she found that she preferred sleeping on the cushions from the sofa. We laid them end-to-end on the other side of the sofa bed and they fit perfectly between the bed and the wall. I got extra sheets from Mousekeeping and covered them. However, we would have had room for an other air mattress somewhere in the suite. I'm sure one would fit in the bedroom but it might prevent you from fully opening the door to the main room and you might have to jump over it to get to the bathroom (not positive on that since we never actually tried the air mattress in that room -- though I know there's a lot of space between the bed and the wall of the bathroom). The other place you might be able to put it is either at the foot of the table bed or beside the table bed (this might partially block the path between the bedroom and the bathroom but there would be room to walk around it. There is space in the suite to maneuver 2 air mattresses but it will take up a lot of floor space -- but is certainly doable. During the day we would stand the air mattress up and lean it against the wall between the kitchenette and the sofa.

Thanks, Mo!! I kind of thought that was the case, but figured I would ask here, since it would be an easy way to meet up. Ha, my first thought when I saw your reply, was "wait, Mo's on this board too?" Then I remembered you are staying here and have stayed before too!

Have a great day! :flower1:

Im Everrrryyyyyyyyyywhereeeeeeeeee MUUUUUUUUUUUHA HA HA HA HA HA...

Just kidding. Just wanted you to hear that from me rather then the war which may ensue over it. :crazy2:

Does anyone know if they have fans available? POP Century has them upon request.

I believe all resorts have them -- you just have to request them and there are limited amounts available. My son got one for his Little Mermaid room last year.

Just wanted you to hear that from me rather then the war which may ensue over it. :crazy2:

So very much appreciated! It was funny, before I posted, part of me said, "I should probably scan through the thread before I post this in case it's been addressed like 17000 times already. But the other part of me said, "I feel lazy, there's no way I'm looking through 160 pages of posts." The lazy part won!
When you referred to it as a "hot topic".... I knew exactly what you meant... :tiptoe::grouphug:
I may only have 72 posts, but I do lots and lots of lurking.... They always say to look out for the quiet ones, right?!:ssst:

I know I've seen it on here recently, but I can't find it for the life of me... How late can I get real food at LoF? Meaning, something other than bakery/grab-and-go stuff? Do the kitchens shut down around 10pm, or 11pm? I can't remember! :confused3

I believe it is until midnight, but don't quote me on that. We didn't check in until around 11pm or so on our last trip, and it was still open. However, they close one of the stations down, so there are less options than earlier in the evening.

I believe it is until midnight, but don't quote me on that. We didn't check in until around 11pm or so on our last trip, and it was still open. However, they close one of the stations down, so there are less options than earlier in the evening.
That's fine if just one is closed, long as they aren't ALL closed. Mama's gonna need some hot food! :rotfl:

So very much appreciated! It was funny, before I posted, part of me said, "I should probably scan through the thread before I post this in case it's been addressed like 17000 times already. But the other part of me said, "I feel lazy, there's no way I'm looking through 160 pages of posts." The lazy part won!
When you referred to it as a "hot topic".... I knew exactly what you meant... :tiptoe::grouphug:
I may only have 72 posts, but I do lots and lots of lurking.... They always say to look out for the quiet ones, right?!:ssst:

ohhh I know your all trouble! :rotfl2:

I'm sorry if someone has already asked this question, but I didn't feel like reading 161 pages. What happened with the showers in the Nemo suites? I have seen videos/pictures with the showers in the other rooms and they all have cool themeing...but then when get to Nemo and it's just a shower. Do they have plans to redo those at any point?

I stayed at AOA monday night.

I have only one complaint: bring your earplugs. The soundproofing is bad and I could not sleep until 01:00 AM because of all the noise. (We were in a LK suite).

I also need to say something out loud: I have walked back and forth from the lobby to the LM section. It took us about 3-4 minutes at normal pace. I do not understand the complaints at all (I would be tempted to laugh about it as well).

I also need to say something out loud: I have walked back and forth from the lobby to the LM section. It took us about 3-4 minutes at normal pace. I do not understand the complaints at all (I would be tempted to laugh about it as well).

I've always felt the same way so at least we know we're not alone!

From the middle of the Triton building, I timed it at 5 minutes. And it's an easy walk. But at the end of the night, that may be too much for people with kids. I don't know because I don't have kids.
When I stayed at All-Star Sports a few months ago, the walk seemed worse.

24 more days till we get to AOA Little Mermaid rooms! I am not worried about the walk. I am just excited to check out this resort! Mom and Daughter trip so the room will fit us just perfectly!:fish:

I believe all resorts have them -- you just have to request them and there are limited amounts available. My son got one for his Little Mermaid room last year.

We are staying in a Nemo Suite next month. Just wondering why a fan would be needed? Is it to cover noise? TIA!! :)

Agreed! Everyone in our family loves white noise and I like the breeze as well. I never knew we could request a fan! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter