Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Is there an added charge per adult in the AoA suites or is that included in the price of the suite?

We were not charged anything extra when we had 3 adults in our suite. I asked my Travel Agent about it (because I was expecting to be charged) and she said that they didn't seem to be adding extra adult charges for the suites.

That's great and helps with the decision as any other room adds $15 per extra adult, so this brings the suite more in line. Thanks

Is there an added charge per adult in the AoA suites or is that included in the price of the suite?

None of the Family Suites charge the nightly extra adult fee.

EDIT - I didn't mean to be redundant. I didn't see the other 2 replies when I posted mine.

First time posting so not sure if I am doing this correct...but can anyone tell me how many TVs are in the family suites? Is there one in the bedroom as well as the main room?

First time posting so not sure if I am doing this correct...but can anyone tell me how many TVs are in the family suites? Is there one in the bedroom as well as the main room?

Yes, that's correct -- there are 2. One in the bedroom and one in the main room.

Welcome to the boards!

How crowded is LoF around 8:00PM? We're only staying at AoA on arrival night but we can't wait to have the opportunity to check out this resort and have dinner at LoF. Should be sometime around 8:00PM when we'll be walking over there from the LM section.

Pool question - I know the pool area is secured and you need your magic band to access, right? I'm wondering though - can you bring a guest who is not staying at the resort with you into the pool area? I have a friend that lives in Orlando and I'd love to have her meet up with us while we are there. (We have tried getting together on previous trips and it just hasn't worked out.) I was thinking maybe she could join us to hang out by the pool on our non-park day. If it's not allowed, I'll plan something else with her, but thought this might be a good option! Thanks!

I'm wondering though - can you bring a guest who is not staying at the resort with you into the pool area?

This is a hot topic around here..

No people who are not resort guest cannot or should not use the resort pools. Might want to check out the water parks?

This is a hot topic around here..

No people who are not resort guest cannot or should not use the resort pools. Might want to check out the water parks?

Thanks, Mo!! I kind of thought that was the case, but figured I would ask here, since it would be an easy way to meet up. Ha, my first thought when I saw your reply, was "wait, Mo's on this board too?" Then I remembered you are staying here and have stayed before too!

Have a great day! :flower1:

How crowded is LoF around 8:00PM? We're only staying at AoA on arrival night but we can't wait to have the opportunity to check out this resort and have dinner at LoF. Should be sometime around 8:00PM when we'll be walking over there from the LM section.

Shouldn't be too crowded at 8pm. When I've been there at off times it wasn't crowded at all.

I know I've seen it on here recently, but I can't find it for the life of me... How late can I get real food at LoF? Meaning, something other than bakery/grab-and-go stuff? Do the kitchens shut down around 10pm, or 11pm? I can't remember! :confused3

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't seem to find the answer in previous posts. Do the AoA suites have doors that one to exterior hallways, motel-style? Or is that just the LM rooms?

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't seem to find the answer in previous posts. Do the AoA suites have doors that one to exterior hallways, motel-style? Or is that just the LM rooms?
That's just the Little Mermaid rooms. The family suites are all in buildings with interior corridors. :cutie:

2 Air Beds ??

Booked Lion King Suite for August, first time at this resort.

Yes- due to the nature of our party, myself, my 2 over 18 "kids" my sister and my niece and nephew, 6 of us but we will be short two beds! Can we fit one small airbed in the bedroom and one in with the sofa bed perhaps? If not I think my youngest daughter and my niece could share which brings us down to one air bed - and if so which is bigger the sofa or the table?

It will only be for 2 nights then they are moving to their own room but for now we can't get a little mermaid room for the entire stay so we are all going to camp out in the suite :)

Thanks !

2 Air Beds ??

Yes- due to the nature of our party, myself, my 2 over 18 "kids" my sister and my niece and nephew, 6 of us but we will be short two beds! Can we fit one small airbed in the bedroom and one in with the sofa bed perhaps? If not I think my youngest daughter and my niece could share which brings us down to one air bed - and if so which is bigger the sofa or the table?

It will only be for 2 nights then they are moving to their own room but for now we can't get a little mermaid room for the entire stay so we are all going to camp out in the suite :)

Thanks !

The sofa bed and the table bed are the same size (or within a few inches).

My daughter used an air mattress in the suite. We put it next to the sofa bed, in front of the kitchenette. We had planned to use a second one for my other daughter (8yo at the time) but she found that she preferred sleeping on the cushions from the sofa. We laid them end-to-end on the other side of the sofa bed and they fit perfectly between the bed and the wall. I got extra sheets from Mousekeeping and covered them. However, we would have had room for an other air mattress somewhere in the suite. I'm sure one would fit in the bedroom but it might prevent you from fully opening the door to the main room and you might have to jump over it to get to the bathroom (not positive on that since we never actually tried the air mattress in that room -- though I know there's a lot of space between the bed and the wall of the bathroom). The other place you might be able to put it is either at the foot of the table bed or beside the table bed (this might partially block the path between the bedroom and the bathroom but there would be room to walk around it. There is space in the suite to maneuver 2 air mattresses but it will take up a lot of floor space -- but is certainly doable. During the day we would stand the air mattress up and lean it against the wall between the kitchenette and the sofa.

2 Air Beds ??

Thanks !
I don't know about air mattresses, but the sofa and table are both double size beds (the bedroom is a queen). My DH and I shared a double the first few years of our marriage. Sharing a double is definitely do-able at least a few nights. With 6 people and 3 beds, I wouldn't bring an air mattress unless there was an instance of people not wanting to sleep with opposite sex. I would consider bringing one air mattress in that case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter