Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Just back from a 7 night stay in cars suite. We were DH, DD7, DS5, and myself. We were in building 3 and faced the lake. We had a blast! The resort is beautiful. The beds were comfy and having 2 bathrooms made mornings a cinch (wish we had 2 at home!) I heard very little noise from other rooms or hallways (we were on first floor at far end from main building.) I had been very concerned about ac. But we kept it at lowest setting and we were fine. We did notice one night that shutting the bedroom door made it seem stuffy, but we opened it and we were fine.

The pool is amazing! My son decided to try underwater swimming thanks to the sounds. He is so proud of himself and told us it was his favorite part of the trip. On the one day we couldnt swim (storms) they had games and crafts for the kids inside. I was surprised at this and my kids had such a good time my DD said she was glad it rained!

Bus service was good for us. We had no problems and didnt wait more than 15 or 20 minutes at max. Many times we walked up and right onto a bus. We came back to resort almost every afternoon with no problems. Once we were the only people on the bus (which my kids thought was cool.) No long lines, except for end of night - which is to be expected. They sent 2 busses that time, so all in all good transportation.

My only con is Landscape of Flavors. We ate 2 meals here and stopped in every day multiple times for mug refills. While I didnt experience the chaos some have mentioned what I did experience was not quite warm food and very dirty eating areas. I am not a perfectionist and I do expect some mess in such a heavily used area, but it was - more times than not - filthy. Definately not the Disney standard I am used to. I wonder if the enironmentally friendly floor is difficult to clean? That is a small blemish on what truly was a wonderful stay. We met many CMs who were friendly and pleasant and a couple who made our stay extra special.

I would reccommend AofA to any family. My kids flipped over the decorations. My son took pics of all the cars and wants to hang them in his room. A great resort for families for sure!

Just back from a 7 night stay in cars suite. We were DH, DD7, DS5, and myself. We were in building 3 and faced the lake. We had a blast! The resort is beautiful. The beds were comfy and having 2 bathrooms made mornings a cinch (wish we had 2 at home!) I heard very little noise from other rooms or hallways (we were on first floor at far end from main building.) I had been very concerned about ac. But we kept it at lowest setting and we were fine. We did notice one night that shutting the bedroom door made it seem stuffy, but we opened it and we were fine.

The pool is amazing! My son decided to try underwater swimming thanks to the sounds. He is so proud of himself and told us it was his favorite part of the trip. On the one day we couldnt swim (storms) they had games and crafts for the kids inside. I was surprised at this and my kids had such a good time my DD said she was glad it rained!

Bus service was good for us. We had no problems and didnt wait more than 15 or 20 minutes at max. Many times we walked up and right onto a bus. We came back to resort almost every afternoon with no problems. Once we were the only people on the bus (which my kids thought was cool.) No long lines, except for end of night - which is to be expected. They sent 2 busses that time, so all in all good transportation.

My only con is Landscape of Flavors. We ate 2 meals here and stopped in every day multiple times for mug refills. While I didnt experience the chaos some have mentioned what I did experience was not quite warm food and very dirty eating areas. I am not a perfectionist and I do expect some mess in such a heavily used area, but it was - more times than not - filthy. Definately not the Disney standard I am used to. I wonder if the enironmentally friendly floor is difficult to clean? That is a small blemish on what truly was a wonderful stay. We met many CMs who were friendly and pleasant and a couple who made our stay extra special.

I would reccommend AofA to any family. My kids flipped over the decorations. My son took pics of all the cars and wants to hang them in his room. A great resort for families for sure!

Sounds great...can't wait to go in November!!! About the food area.... We stayed at Pop twice before, and mornings were always a mad house! I'm so happy that we have the mini kitchen in the suites. I plan to order groceries and get easy breakfast food. It should make things a lot easier.

:welcome: I just wanted to give you a link to Abbreviations we use here that you might find helpful! :thumbsup2

It hasn't been updated in several years, but most of what you might wonder about should be listed! :)

Thank you sooooooooo much, I felt very simple after reading some of the acronyms while others gave me the light bulb affect!

Sounds great...can't wait to go in November!!! About the food area.... We stayed at Pop twice before, and mornings were always a mad house! I'm so happy that we have the mini kitchen in the suites. I plan to order groceries and get easy breakfast food. It should make things a lot easier.

I was unaware that you could order groceries...how can I make this possible? Can I order them so that they're there when my family arrives? Is there a particular offsite store that offers this service? Sorry for the million questions...

I was unaware that you could order groceries...how can I make this possible? Can I order them so that they're there when my family arrives? Is there a particular offsite store that offers this service? Sorry for the million questions...

Alot of people use garden grocer to order there stuff. There prices are a bit high and there is a delivery fee I believe. They deliver right to your resort.

On the one day we couldnt swim (storms) they had games and crafts for the kids inside. I was surprised at this and my kids had such a good time my DD said she was glad it rained!

Your trip sounds great.
I'm curious where they did this?

HHMcG said:
Your trip sounds great.
I'm curious where they did this?

The trip was amazing! Ive been to WDW before, but our kids were the perfect age to make it magical.

The rainy day activities were in Animation Hall in the airline check-in room.

Has anyone decorated their resort room door with magnets in the family suites? I thought I had heard that the doors were metal but I also thought I heard that someone had a hard time getting their magnets to stick. I was just wondering if I could get some input before I spend time and money making magnets for our door. Thanks in advance!! :)

Can anyone post what the outdoor movies at Pop and AoA for August will be? Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Couple things:

1. We are staying in a LM room next week for 1 night. It will be me, my mom, my 2.5y DD and my 10m DD. Will we have a problem fitting a crib in either a king or doubles room? Is it a crib or a pack n play that the hotel provides? I can bring my own PNP if it will be an easier fit.

2. Where can I see the movie list for July?

Thanks!

Couple things:

1. We are staying in a LM room next week for 1 night. It will be me, my mom, my 2.5y DD and my 10m DD. Will we have a problem fitting a crib in either a king or doubles room? Is it a crib or a pack n play that the hotel provides? I can bring my own PNP if it will be an easier fit.

2. Where can I see the movie list for July?

Thanks!

You shouldn't have a problem fitting the hotel-supplied pack-n-play in the room. With your party size they will assign you to a room with two double beds.

The July movies for AoA are:

Sunday: Toy Story
Monday: A Goofy Movie
Tuesday: High School Musical
Wednesday: Mulan
Thursday: Oliver & Company
Friday: The Princess & the Frog
Saturday: Monsters, Inc.

Hi All!

I'm planning on booking 4 or 5 nights for my family in a LM room for May 2014. I am over-the-top excited to surprise my 2 girls with this trip for their birthdays! YAY!

Just one question (so far!), can anyone tell me about how long the bus rides are to each park?

Thanks so much!

DisneyMomChristine said:
Hi All!

I'm planning on booking 4 or 5 nights for my family in a LM room for May 2014. I am over-the-top excited to surprise my 2 girls with this trip for their birthdays! YAY!

Just one question (so far!), can anyone tell me about how long the bus rides are to each park?

Thanks so much!

Hi! We were in AoA for a post cruise stay from 6/20-25, and based on our experience it took about 20-30 mins each time, and maybe add a bit more as some buses make stops at other parks before you get to your destination.
Also, be ready to do a bit of walking as AoA, being a value resort AND the newest addition has the farthest bus stops in the parks. BUT we loved our stay in AoA :)

Hi All!

Thanks so much!

It depends on traffic/time of day, but our experience a few weeks ago was:

MK - 20-25 minutes
EP - 10-15 minutes
DHS - 10-15 minutes
DAK - 5-10 minutes

We went to each park at least twice, so those times are kind of the average. That's simply the time you'll spend on the bus. You'll need to factor in waiting and loading time. In general, we were always at our destination within an hour of leaving our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter