Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anyone seen any African wine or other in either gift shop lately that wants to share any info? I'd love to pick some up to enjoy in the room, as we did years ago there.

Also, is the Mara a long walk from Kidani? My DD doesn't want to do any TS meals at AKL (she cannot eat a lot at once due to her health, and we're going to get Garden Grocer to deliver a bunch anyway).

So, anyone seen any African wine or other in either gift shop lately that wants to share any info? I'd love to pick some up to enjoy in the room, as we did years ago there.

Also, is the Mara a long walk from Kidani? My DD doesn't want to do any TS meals at AKL (she cannot eat a lot at once due to her health, and we're going to get Garden Grocer to deliver a bunch anyway).

To piggyback off of this question, are there African wines in the club level?

To piggyback off of this question, are there African wines in the club level?

It's been a few years, but yes they did have them! Nice reds, which were so relaxing in the cool weather! Plus, they'll bring you a glass even if it's not put out yet (or a beer).

I remember them selling some in the gift shop as well, and they weren't bad priced (to enjoy in the room). We're staying first time at Kidani, so if we "run out" of wine (gasp!) I'll enjoy picking some up to try.

It's been a few years, but yes they did have them! Nice reds, which were so relaxing in the cool weather! Plus, they'll bring you a glass even if it's not put out yet (or a beer).

I remember them selling some in the gift shop as well, and they weren't bad priced (to enjoy in the room). We're staying first time at Kidani, so if we "run out" of wine (gasp!) I'll enjoy picking some up to try.

Oh, that's awesome! I hope they still have them. What a great way to give them a try! :)

I've been browsing through the thread, and found most of my questions answered (may come up with other question to ask though). You can add us to the May 2016 list.

DW and I will be driving from Texas to WDW with DD3 and DD2 for a split stay May 2016. We will be arriving at VB May 15th, checking out May 17th, driving to AKL-Jambo House for check-in, and finally check out of AKL May 21st. The reservations at AKL are for a Jambo House-Deluxe Studio-Standard View.

We are planning for 1-2 days in the parks, and the other two days doing some non-park activities. I'm the WDW freak in the family, so I am the only one getting excited already. The girls really don't have much of a clue at this point, but they do love their Disney movies. I know the girls will love watching the animals from the overlook locations, the playgrounds, the water play area at Kidani, the pools, and many of the other activities.

Some things I was wondering about:
1. Getting around with two little ones can be hectic. I was thinking of calling in a room request for near lobby and near elevators (in that order of preference). Will this really make a difference getting around the resort and to transportation?
2. I've checked on the activities available, and found a few the girls may enjoy (cookie decorating, stories, pool games, etc). Any experience with the different kid activities within our age range (2-4 years lets say).
3. I thought of taking some basic binoculars, and was wondering if they are even needed?

Thanks for all the helpful information posted.

I am also interested in the January activities calendar for AKV. We will be at Kidani in 38 days!

Where do you find these? Is there a website they are on? I'm going to be looking for January at Kidani and Contemporary soon.

I received an email from Disney giving me the link, because we have a reservation there next week. So you should receive one for your stays. I received the email about two weeks before our arrival.

I'm not sure if this has been said somewhere above or not...

We will be at AKL on Christmas day and plan to just enjoy the AKL and not venture into the parks. Will all the activities listed on the recreation sheet still be going on on Christmas Day (culinary tours, drums, kids activities)? There's a "Happy Holidays" section with specific holiday related info, but I wasn't sure if the standard activities will be offered that day too.

I've been browsing through the thread, and found most of my questions answered (may come up with other question to ask though). You can add us to the May 2016 list.

DW and I will be driving from Texas to WDW with DD3 and DD2 for a split stay May 2016. We will be arriving at VB May 15th, checking out May 17th, driving to AKL-Jambo House for check-in, and finally check out of AKL May 21st. The reservations at AKL are for a Jambo House-Deluxe Studio-Standard View.

We are planning for 1-2 days in the parks, and the other two days doing some non-park activities. I'm the WDW freak in the family, so I am the only one getting excited already. The girls really don't have much of a clue at this point, but they do love their Disney movies. I know the girls will love watching the animals from the overlook locations, the playgrounds, the water play area at Kidani, the pools, and many of the other activities.

Some things I was wondering about:
1. Getting around with two little ones can be hectic. I was thinking of calling in a room request for near lobby and near elevators (in that order of preference). Will this really make a difference getting around the resort and to transportation?
2. I've checked on the activities available, and found a few the girls may enjoy (cookie decorating, stories, pool games, etc). Any experience with the different kid activities within our age range (2-4 years lets say).
3. I thought of taking some basic binoculars, and was wondering if they are even needed?

Thanks for all the helpful information posted.
May

Karlius, Apr 26th - 10th, AKL

Hokieinpa, 1st - 8th, Jambo House

Hibiscus, 8th - 12th, AKL

Mster425, 7th - 16th, AKL

Rer1972, 15th - 17th, VB

Rer1972, 17th - 21st, AKL

Pixie36, 30th -Jun 11th, Jambo House

We'll be at AKL 1/5-1/12 - Super excited!! :)
January

Taythecray, 4th - 9th, Kidani

Abbey1, 31st - Feb 6th, AKL

TStacieRae, 5th - 12th, AKL

eeter Tota, 8th - 11th, AKL

Dwheaton, 14th - 18th, AKL

Ariane37, 15th - 18th, AKL

Snowitt, 18th - 22nd AKL

Marinejjh, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Where do you find these? Is there a website they are on? I'm going to be looking for January at Kidani and Contemporary soon.

This is where I always go. Each resort has a hyper link to their Activities Calendar.

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/resort-hotels/movies-under-stars/

I am also interested in the January activities calendar for AKV. We will be at Kidani in 38 days!

In the link I posted above, on the 2nd or 3rd of each month they update the Activities Calendars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter