Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Ahhh...finally, the thread I've been looking for! :)

We're staying at Sports next April and I keep hearing different things about it. I've stayed at CBR before (and thought it was lovely!) so I was panicking about me liking this resort, but from the pics and reviews I've read my mind is at ease now, esp. with the talk of renovations going on about the place too!

Now I'll just sit back and enjoy the next 6 months wait...:rotfl:

We stayed last November and are going again this November. Both times, we picked this resort because of the codes. This was our first stay at a value resort and I wasn't expecting much last year, but I was pleasantly surprised. Our rooms were clean and attractive, albeit small. The food court was much better than I expected. It's not just burgers and pizza. For example, one evening I had a salad with grilled salmon. It was fresh and delicious. I have no interest in sports, but I found the resort theming to be charming, not overwhelming. Even though we had a car, we used the bus a few times and found it very convenient and reliable. I am hoping for a similar positive experience this November. :)

HI!! We are thinking about going November 14th-20th of 2008. When did you go in November and how did you find the crowds and weather???

If anyone has more pictures of Sports I would love to see them.
It seems like Sports is the least popular hotel and I'm not sure why????
It's the first on and first off for the buses so I would think that would draw people in. It seems like on the DIS it is not mentioned as much as the other resorts and there are not as many pictures. I'm just confused as to why this is :confused3

Even among the people who love the values it does not seem to be as popular!!

Here are a few more pictures from last week. I've stayed at Sports twice, but Pop is our preferred home place. We've stayed there twice for all-family trips, we always visit (gotta get our tie-dyed cheesecake fix) even when we stay elsewhere, and we're already booked for next summer.

P1100221.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney005.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney001.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney003.jpg

I don't know if Sports gets a bad rap sometimes because of having all the large groups that stay there, and sometimes that can be intimidating.

On our first trip, we were there when AAU basketball was going on, and they were a little rowdy in the gift shop and food court. Nothing against the kids. That was just our experience that one trip. This time, we were on the buses a few times with soccer and cross country teams, and they weren't a bit rowdy at all.

HI!! We are thinking about going November 14th-20th of 2008. When did you go in November and how did you find the crowds and weather???

Hi blue_eyes! My family and I went for Thanksgiving week last year and loved it! It was the perfect time to go, although a little windy, not too cold. The Christmas decorations were all up and this was a wonderful way to start out the Christmas holidays. Make sure you visit the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights in MGM studios, it's amazing and they also have snow!!

ASSPORTS--What more can I say about this resort that hasn't already been said. We are all sports fans in my house and we loved this resort. Why pay all the money for Deluxe or even Moderates when you are barely in the rooms except to sleep. We loved it soooo much we are going back again next year.

I'll try to go through my pics and post a few for all to see. If anyone has any questions just let me know I'll be happy to try to answer them for you.

We went the week leading up to Thanksgiving. The crowds light at first and then terrible on Wednesday at AK. Surprisingly, Thanksgiving Day wasn't too bad at all. The weather was odd, very, very cold. There was even a bit of snow! I don't that is at all typical.

We are going Dec 8 -13 and are very excited about staying at All Star Sports. I always thought if you are a sports fan you would love staying at this resort.

I will post some pics when we get back of the Holiday decorations.:santa:

The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights in MGM studios is not to be missed.

MeMom how did you get pics with nobody in the background? Now that is amazing!!!!!

We are going Dec 8 -13 and are very excited about staying at All Star Sports. I always thought if you are a sports fan you would love staying at this resort.

MeMom how did you get pics with nobody in the background? Now that is amazing!!!!!

MickMan...I will be at the AsSp the same dates as you :cool1: :yay:

ckret01 that is awesome. Maybe we will see you there. I will be the one with Mickey ears on.:thumbsup2

MickMan...I will be at the AsSp the same dates as you :cool1: :yay:

Us too!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! We will be there November 30th - December 13th!! Hoping for beautiful weather and quite cheerleaders. :rotfl: I don't think they will bother me at all, I will be at Disney after all! :cool1:

Not much longer to go now guys!! So excited...

I guess I got lucky. There weren't too many people around at the times we were in and out. There were a few passersby, and I just waited for them to go by until I snapped the picture. We had a pleasant experience at Sports overall. There were groups of soccer and cross country kids, but they were very cordial, fine on the buses, quiet when working out/joggging around the premises. This was during the 4th to the 7th of October.

All of you who are headed there for Christmas, have fun! We'll be right next door at Music beginning Christmas Day! I'm looking forward to seeing all the holiday decorations at many of the resorts, and I'll probably take a gazillion pictures.

ckret01 that is awesome. Maybe we will see you there. I will be the one with Mickey ears on.:thumbsup2

Ya us two. I So cannot wait. We have like 45 days left.:santa: For me thats like 65:laundy: My kids still don't know.:cool2:

Us too!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! We will be there November 30th - December 13th!! Hoping for beautiful weather and quite cheerleaders. :rotfl: I don't think they will bother me at all, I will be at Disney after all! :cool1:

Not much longer to go now guys!! So excited...

YAYYYYYYYYY One of those days I will be wearing my gray "Dis" shirt so look for me too :yay: I would love to meet a Disser in real life:cool1:

Sports has always been at the bottom of my hotel choices (because the theming at other hotels appeals to me more). Like others have said, we didn't have much choice when codes came out, and we will be going there in Dec. After reading this thread, I am getting excited about going!

I have two questions:

1) Are there for sure hair dryers in the rooms? I have read that they don't, that they do, that they might.

2) Are the Christmas decorations all sports themed? The one pic of a tree was so I'm wondering if that is throughout the resort, or if they do the same decorations for all 3 All Star resorts? I hope so because I like it when it's themed to the specific hotel.

Thanks for starting this thread Mickman!

pirate:

1) Are there for sure hair dryers in the rooms? I have read that they don't, that they do, that they might.

pirate:

There are definitely NOT hairdryers in the room (not as of August 07 anyway). Have never been there at Xmas so can't answer the question about decorations. But I can stay we've stayed at Sports twice and enjoyed very much both times. Have fun!

In July 06 we did have hairdryers and an ironing board. I think if they are not in your room you can request them from mousekeeping.

I'm just back from sports.

I have to say even though I didn't like my room location (hoops building 3) I had a great time. We DID have a hairdryer it was on the shelf thing by the sink.

The food court was great for breakfast. The room was clean and busess were on time and easy. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat for the price!

Sports has always been at the bottom of my hotel choices (because the theming at other hotels appeals to me more). Like others have said, we didn't have much choice when codes came out, and we will be going there in Dec. After reading this thread, I am getting excited about going!

I have two questions:

2) Are the Christmas decorations all sports themed? The one pic of a tree was so I'm wondering if that is throughout the resort, or if they do the same decorations for all 3 All Star resorts? I hope so because I like it when it's themed to the specific hotel.

pirate:

All the decorations at ASSports were sport themed!!!!!!

The donuts are ready:

P1100508.jpg

And the fruit. Gotta have the fruit!

P1100507.jpg

But where are all the people?

P1100506.jpg

P1100505.jpg

P1100504.jpg

P1100503.jpg

Answer: Asleep! Only crazy people (me) are up this early on a vacation.:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter