Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

These suites look SWEET! Let me ask just because we've never stayed at any Value resort - is the additional room in these suites worth giving up some of the ammenities at the Deluxe properties? It is soooo tempting to stay in one of these, but my guard is up. Help!

AKLRULZ said:
These suites look SWEET! Let me ask just because we've never stayed at any Value resort - is the additional room in these suites worth giving up some of the ammenities at the Deluxe properties? It is soooo tempting to stay in one of these, but my guard is up. Help!

I am 56 years old and travel for pleasure a few times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.

When I am at Disney I enjoy going to the parks, shopping, dining and just exploring. I'm not spending a lot of time relaxing in my room.

I really do not feel like I have given up the amenities of deluxe because even when I am staying at the All Stars I get so many perks (Disney theming, Disney transportation, and EMH)
Any of Disney's resort guests (even those staying at a value or mod) are allowed to shop, dine, use the transportation or spa facilities at any of the Disney Resorts. (Of course pool hopping is not allowed.)

I really enjoy staying at the All Stars. It is like I stepped into a Disney Movie
Fantasyland.
I can well afford to stay at any of Disney's Deluxe resorts but when I go to Disney the resort I want to stay at, my favorite resort is All Star Music.

DH and I are staying at the New Family Suites in September.
I am so looking forward to all the extras the suites have to offer!

JMHO

we are staying at ASMu suite in november! There is one question though. See my bf is going to be w/ us, and my folks were going to put the chair and ottoman in the master room and give him the living room...the CM told us that we can do this but do you think its going to be hard?

I thought I would add my list of questions in case someone stays before I do (July 22)

Is the bed in the master comfy?
Can you move around the racks in the fridge to hold a gallon or half gallon of milk?
Is there a freezer portion to the fridge? (Doesnt look like it from the pics)
Does the coffee pot take standard filters or the mini filters?
Jazz looks like it has 6 sections. Is the block of suites in a specific section, which one?

There is a post on the resorts board that says they haven't stayed at a value since I believe apprx 95-96 they said now they would have to stay there more often they also said it was very nice and spacious and they said that they requested a room on the 1st floor because of their baby going up and down would be ruff so the only problem being when they recieved their room number it was on the 3rd floor and they could not change it do to the fact that they were booked solid! and all the staff did for them was apologize for the inconvience!So basically the only complaint was the request not being honored!

abie said:
I thought I would add my list of questions in case someone stays before I do (July 22)

Is the bed in the master comfy?
Can you move around the racks in the fridge to hold a gallon or half gallon of milk?
Is there a freezer portion to the fridge? (Doesnt look like it from the pics)
Does the coffee pot take standard filters or the mini filters?
Jazz looks like it has 6 sections. Is the block of suites in a specific section, which one?

master bed comfy = decent - not great/not terrible . . .
move racks in frig = yes
freezer portion = yes - very small
coffee pot = mini we think - Sunbeam 4-cup
block of suites = they seem to be all over and on all three floors

HTH . . .

Goofy22 said:
There is a post on the resorts board that says they haven't stayed at a value since I believe apprx 95-96 they said now they would have to stay there more often they also said it was very nice and spacious and they said that they requested a room on the 1st floor because of their baby going up and down would be ruff so the only problem being when they recieved their room number it was on the 3rd floor and they could not change it do to the fact that they were booked solid! and all the staff did for them was apologize for the inconvience!So basically the only complaint was the request not being honored!

Guess I should of just posted it in this thread, since its the FAQ thread :) So I'll just quote them here.

whetstone said:
I'm posting this from the AS Music Family Suite. It's a nice layout. It's been quite a while since I stayed at the value resorts (like ~1995-96) but I might have to stay here more now. Nice space for the money. The only downside to our stay, is we requested a first floor room and got stuck up on the 3rd. The CM that checked us in said it would be 1st floor (have a 3 month old baby, first floor would of be nice). But since the room wasn't ready she couldn't give us the room #. When it was ready at ~3:30pm and I found out it was on the 3rd the other rooms were full. The CM I talked to claims the CM that checked me in noted it in the computer but forgot to actually switch us. Or something like that. All they did was say "sorry".

Looks like the calypso wing is currently being redone right now, one of the buildings are completely shut down and being worked on. Converting some of the rooms to Suites.

whetstone said:
The pull out beds seem nice, our 11 year old son is sleeping on one right now. I looked around a bit today, the FS rooms seem to be all over the building. I've seen them on the 1st and 3rd floor (haven't looked at the 2nd floor). They put in quite a few of them it looks like.

This is our 1st and only night in the suite. We stayed 3 nights over at the Dolphin and thought we would check out the FS's. Didn't realize they were this new, till my wife just sat here and read the whole thread.

One thing I forgot to post in the other thread was about the A/C, not sure they got all the bugs worked out of it yet. Looks like they kept the 2 A/c units from the original 2 rooms. The master bedroom is a "smaller area" than the rest of the suite so you would think the a/c would overpower the smaller area. It isn't. I like it cold in a room when I sleep. We have both a/c's set at 65 and the Master Bedroom is reading 73.9 and the other room says 68. Tho I don't really feel a difference between the two. shrug.

The space, the setup etc is great overall tho.

whetstone said:
Guess I should of just posted it in this thread, since its the FAQ thread :) So I'll just quote them here.

This is our 1st and only night in the suite. We stayed 3 nights over at the Dolphin and thought we would check out the FS's. Didn't realize they were this new, till my wife just sat here and read the whole thread.

One thing I forgot to post in the other thread was about the A/C, not sure they got all the bugs worked out of it yet. Looks like they kept the 2 A/c units from the original 2 rooms. The master bedroom is a "smaller area" than the rest of the suite so you would think the a/c would overpower the smaller area. It isn't. I like it cold in a room when I sleep. We have both a/c's set at 65 and the Master Bedroom is reading 73.9 and the other room says 68. Tho I don't really feel a difference between the two. shrug.

The space, the setup etc is great overall tho.

Thanks so much for the update.
We have been anxiously awaiting a review and yours is the first. :banana:
Thanks for taking time to give us your thoughts and to answer a few questions.

I have a question myself.
You said your son was sleeping on one of the pull outs.

When Mousekeeping makes up his "bed" do they leave it in the fold down position or do they fold it up again?
Just curious.
Also.......How easy is it to fold down and to fold up?
Thanks so much and have a wonderful time at Disney and at All Star Music! :wizard:

This is more of a general All-Stars type question. Do they have anywhere at the food court where you can pick up some general groceries like a quart of milk or other things? We are staying at the Suites for just two nights and don't want to order a load of groceries but I'd love to just have a few things for the room.

golden1 said:
This is more of a general All-Stars type question. Do they have anywhere at the food court where you can pick up some general groceries like a quart of milk or other things? We are staying at the Suites for just two nights and don't want to order a load of groceries but I'd love to just have a few things for the room.

Yes. The food court has a grab and go.
They also sell milk and a few items in the gift shop.
I think the milk is a little expensive in the gift shop.

Anyone else know?

minnie61650 said:
Thanks so much for the update.
We have been anxiously awaiting a review and yours is the first. :banana:
Thanks for taking time to give us your thoughts and to answer a few questions.

I have a question myself.
You said your son was sleeping on one of the pull outs.

When Mousekeeping makes up his "bed" do they leave it in the fold down position or do they fold it up again?
Just curious.
Also.......How easy is it to fold down and to fold up?
Thanks so much and have a wonderful time at Disney and at All Star Music! :wizard:

The pull out bed was made up when I opened it. The pillows for it are in the closet. It was very easy to open and close. Unlike the normal pull out sofa's, you just pull the strap and it kinda just rolls out. When putting it back in, it takes a little force to start it but rolls right back into its self.

I just laid down on the pull out and it feels like a normal bed. No bar in the back feeling like a normal pull out. I'm 5' 11" 290# and it felt comfortable to me.

As a guy who has never stayed in anything less than a 4 star hotel in any business travels, I personally choose the All Star Resorts for our family. Like the previous man said, I don't spend a lot of time in our room while at Disney. I am looking for form, comfort, cleanliness and function. We are going to stay in a family suite the week of 8/7 so I will definitely post a review.
I am also a Disney employee so I could easily stay in a higher priced resort at a much discounted rate. We just love the whole vibe of the value resort.
One thing though, we travel from Atlanta and take our car to the parks. If we did not have the car and had to use buses, we would stay in the Kingdom with monorial access.

Kincade said:
As a guy who has never stayed in anything less than a 4 star hotel in any business travels, I personally choose the All Star Resorts for our family. Like the previous man said, I don't spend a lot of time in our room while at Disney. I am looking for form, comfort, cleanliness and function. We are going to stay in a family suite the week of 8/7 so I will definitely post a review.
I am also a Disney employee so I could easily stay in a higher priced resort at a much discounted rate. We just love the whole vibe of the value resort.
One thing though, we travel from Atlanta and take our car to the parks. If we did not have the car and had to use buses, we would stay in the Kingdom with monorial access.

Have to ask this. . . .
We too live in "Atlanta" and always drive. We have never taken our car to a park (in 6 trips). I figured the pain of parking and getting in and going back to a hot car, etc. would out-weigh the wait/crowd on the buses??? Not So? As on-site guests we'd get free parking right? Provide more info...sell me on this idea? We like the buses EXCEPT at the end of a late night. BUT the crowd leaving the parks is huge. I can't imagine doing this at MK....taking the ferry or mono to parking???

we've done both... car and buses... and absolutely hands down, no questions asked, prefer the buses... no matter where we've stayed :)

Thank you so much for your review and helping with my questions =) I am so excited I can barely stand it.

I realize now that my coffee pot question may have been silly .. Does disney provide coffee filters in rooms with pots, or are you expected to bring your own?

If you do need to bring your own, my husband just reminded me that I need to know if it takes basket or cone filters. (HA this is the first resort thing he's cared about. I guess I could have us staying in a dump as long as he is all set to have good coffee in the morning!)

Abie

abie said:
Thank you so much for your review and helping with my questions =) I am so excited I can barely stand it.

I realize now that my coffee pot question may have been silly .. Does disney provide coffee filters in rooms with pots, or are you expected to bring your own?

If you do need to bring your own, my husband just reminded me that I need to know if it takes basket or cone filters. (HA this is the first resort thing he's cared about. I guess I could have us staying in a dump as long as he is all set to have good coffee in the morning!)

Abie

Not a coffee person, so I didn't look around for any supplies for the coffee maker. I did take a look at the coffee maker itself tho, and I'm pretty sure it is this one :
http://www.sunbeamhospitality.com/product_detail.asp?PARTNUMBER=3225
In case the link doesn't work: Sunbeam Model 3225

I did notice there was paper plates and plastic silverware. As well as a wine bottle opener and hand can opener in the kitchen. The sink is on the small side and splashes water all over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter